Community > Posts By > Mark

Mark's photo
Fri 09/24/21 12:22 PM
DA, Remember, keep pause ready, Pierce Brosnan, singing, not sure how much self control I'll have...laugh

Mark's photo
Fri 09/24/21 12:08 PM

Absolutely psyched by the responses here!

It is, without question, a foolish way to start a relationship, effectively your first move forward is to play a game, to pretend you didn't enjoy the time with that person.

While I get the "It's smart to think things over" aspect of it, this mentality immediately promotes the wrong sentiment toward someone you might be initiating a long term relationship with.

Hiding your feelings (over insecurity), that's not how I want to start any relationship.

Mark's photo
Fri 09/24/21 11:44 AM

Thinking about an amazing person.
Thinking about the future, smiling and grateful to be smiling.

Mark's photo
Fri 09/24/21 11:13 AM

I'm going to have to disagree on the notion that a "no reply" is rude.

If I send an unsolicited message, it's not their responsibility to replay, in fact, if they're uninterested, I prefer they not, it's too awkward.

Dating and being single is tough on the self esteem, any time you feel angered or offended, take a look at self, it's what I do - simply put, it's not someone else's responsibility to coddle me.

Mark's photo
Thu 09/23/21 09:04 PM
People that expect the world to operate their way.

Mark's photo
Thu 09/23/21 08:38 PM
I don't DARE comment, nope, no way, no how!

Mark's photo
Thu 09/23/21 08:09 PM

A couple of quotes -

“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” - Henry David Thoreau

Words I live by, to me he was saying most of us hide our feelings in fear of exposing ourselves.

“Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our own fears.”
— Rudyard Kipling

Another good one, fear is the usual suspect with anger or misunderstanding, communication is key, don't be afraid to say you're afraid..

Those aside -

In my opinion the "3 day rule" is a silly, erroneous notion, given that the first steps in a relationship will likely depict the future "norms" within that relationship, should dampening your feelings be the correct way to start?

I personally think not, of you strike a note with someone, show it! Be fearless!

Mark's photo
Thu 09/23/21 02:57 PM

Thinking... Love is in the air! :heart:
wishing you lots of luck for your meet river ... hope you have a lovely time :heart: waving

Thanks Blondey :heart: waving Although my post was referring to you and Rock, and Bonnie and Mark bigsmile
Well I am including you and your mystery man .. consider it a premonition :smile:

laugh bigsmile I'm excited about meeting him. blushing

Regardless of outcome, I hope you'll share your experience with us - I'm seeing this forum as far, far more than just a place to meet a partner.

I see a group of supportive people with a common goal, and even when that goal is achieved - the friends remain.

Mark's photo
Thu 09/23/21 01:23 PM

^^^ these two bigsmile :thumbsup:

Thanks, Blondey! He is pretty amazing. flowerforyou
thrilled for you both :heart: waving

Appreciate the sentiment, but feel compelled to correct an erroneous statement, it's not me that's amazing here, not at all, invert that.

Mark's photo
Wed 09/22/21 08:42 PM

But only for a second lol .. now i am thinking about rockalicious again smitten bigsmile

Double date!!!..We can all meet, god knows where!

Mark's photo
Wed 09/22/21 07:36 PM

Plato's allegory of the Cave.

If you're not familiar with it, google it, It's absolutely necessary before you engage in open political debate, period.

Mark's photo
Wed 09/22/21 06:46 PM

Oh, it gets worse, she's actually even more attractive as a person, it's ...just ...wrong!!

Though, she does keep hitting for $500....🤬

Are you serious Mark THIS scammer has asked you for 500.00 that's all that scammer wants ,a fool and his money are soon parted there it is, Coldersky minus the halo :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::dollar::dollar::dollar:🤣:joy:

It gets worse, much, much worse, she taking far more than just that...heeeeelllp!

Mark's photo
Wed 09/22/21 06:10 PM

^^^ Her

Mark's photo
Wed 09/22/21 02:47 PM

I'm agnostic for one main reason -

Each religion asks me to take the word of other men's definitions of "God".

Historically, some of the greatest atrocities have been committed by men, not "God", in defense of their versions of "God"

I'm not arrogant enough to "decide" who God is, nor define Him - which leaves me the question of what this undefined God wants of me.

My fool-proof answer is to accept that there is a God, and that this all powerful entity chose to present himself to each culture in way that each culture could best understand him.

Assuming each culture has distorted God over time to conform to it's own bias, I then filter out the commonalities of each religion, for a probable set of spiritual guidelines -

Good will, the Golden Rule, empathy, kindness, forgiveness and self awareness - these traits, among many others, are "God" to me.

Mark's photo
Wed 09/22/21 01:23 PM

Thinking of what good movies to watch... one's with substance, action, but not too much action, a lil' romance mixed in, maybe a suspenser...

Mark's photo
Wed 09/22/21 12:19 PM

If River's topic interests anyone, I strongly suggest looking through her pics, they're great!

Mark's photo
Wed 09/22/21 11:44 AM

The destination is exciting, the journey is incredible.

Now...to find some snacks...

Mark's photo
Wed 09/22/21 11:30 AM

If you want these attributes, you have to be willing give them.

The "dating" game tends to make us feel pressured to be more than we are, especially if the pressure of physical attraction is too excessive.

For this reason, try not to lead with physical sexuality, instead use humor, look for things you identify with.

Those men (and women) exist, they just don't advertise it, it's not their nature, just keep active, one day you might just get a message from one after he saw something you said that he appreciated.

Mark's photo
Wed 09/22/21 10:53 AM

Life is full of small wonders and hidden beauty, like an intrepid drive up the kancamagus highway during Autumn Foliage, maybe a stop at some newly discovered hole in the wall for lunch, maybe a visit to the old man on the mountain

This experience is enhanced when done with someone that appreciates it the way you do.

Mark's photo
Wed 09/22/21 12:13 AM
Edited by Mark on Wed 09/22/21 12:14 AM

I see humor that so many here are defining how and when it's going to happen.

Good luck with that, reality, it's going to happen when it happens, you're not going to define it - and when it does, don't try, trust me, let it be.