Community > Posts By > constancewrites

constancewrites's photo
Fri 08/08/08 11:01 AM
I'd just keep my cat outdoors more. He goes out alot anyway, and I don't have to keep a litter box because he taught himself how to use the toilet.

constancewrites's photo
Thu 08/07/08 07:45 AM
If you're dating guys... my guess is they are looking for that lady that puts out on the first date? And you don't? Nah, not all guys are that way... but... if it's just been one or two... could be.

constancewrites's photo
Tue 08/05/08 10:41 AM

A thousand words could and have been said of a womens; eyes, hair, lips, and hips but that is not the core. That is just a precursur a beckoning invitation to the depths. The core......it's well beyond the wisdom of the eye, the flick of a lock, the passion driven lips and the hypnotic sway of the hips. He whom dares travel to the perfect balance, the eye of the storm, perhaps then you are prepared for a lifetime of education and anticipation. Diving into what the french call......L'oublier. Translated not "The Forgotten" but "The Bottomless". A journey seldom realized by even the women herself. Sailing through the oceans of tears for every emotion, flying over the fires of indignation, and yet still never possessing the key to the undestructable fragility. The place where logic originates and disipates, ironically light eminates. The source of humanity. Mankinds beacon. The abyss of revolving doors and imageless mirrors. A universe of shoebox size compartments labeled in a language unbenounced to man.

Beautiful sentiments, and thank you for sharing. Nicely written. You may try running it through MS Word though. A lot of misspellings. (Not being rude, just trying to help, because the content is so good it should be made almost perfect, as your thoughts are worthy of perfection in their display). My favorite line: " Sailing through the oceans of tears for every emotion, flying over the fires of indignation, and yet still never possessing the key to the (indestructible) fragility." Very nice words from what must be a fascinating mind.
Respect,
C

constancewrites's photo
Tue 08/05/08 08:48 AM
Grainy pics.... won't tell you much, just wants to hear you chat, basically... pics taken only from one weird angle... pics look like they were taken ten years ago because the car in the background looks new but isnt anything recent.... lots of ways.

constancewrites's photo
Mon 08/04/08 05:16 PM

Or have an intelligent conversation, or show a little respect when writing an email to a woman?
I haven't met many of you on this site yet. Show yourselves, please? I'm about to call this site dunceville.
I've dated the dumb jock before, thank you. I know how well that works with me... not at all.
So... sexy geeks and nerds? Show yourselves!!

Here you complain and when someone sends you an email. You don't even take the time to wright back.frown
Was it not of the best caliber?

Just didn't get to it yet. :-)

constancewrites's photo
Mon 08/04/08 04:49 PM

Take a hint.No one likes a person who generalizes or judges people based on a shallow thing such as spelling.Grow up.

If I were fat, old, and not blond, I doubt you would assume I am shallow because of one post in a forum. I'm quite grown up enough not to individually insult people... so I'll close my response here.

constancewrites's photo
Mon 08/04/08 04:47 PM

I'm not a nerd or a geek, but I can spell.

And... you have a kitty. smooched
At this point, that just may do. I'm convinced half the known world has forgotten how to read.

constancewrites's photo
Mon 08/04/08 04:44 PM
tears Oh... the agony!! You're all just proving me right!!!
It was funny when the first guy did it. Getting old now.

constancewrites's photo
Mon 08/04/08 04:39 PM
Or have an intelligent conversation, or show a little respect when writing an email to a woman?
I haven't met many of you on this site yet. Show yourselves, please? I'm about to call this site dunceville.
I've dated the dumb jock before, thank you. I know how well that works with me... not at all.
So... sexy geeks and nerds? Show yourselves!!

constancewrites's photo
Mon 08/04/08 04:29 PM
I usually get plenty of attention without doing the first email. I figure that I want the man who is most interested in me, because then I can hang onto him a bit easier. If I have to chase him, I figure I'll lose him to the one he finds worth chasing eventually.
I do find sometimes that I intimidate men and they are afraid they'll be shot down immediately- or at least I've been told that. All I have to say is... no guts, no ME for you.

constancewrites's photo
Mon 08/04/08 07:27 AM
Honestly? The most important thing over all seems to be the ability to not keep things at such a distance for too long. Long distance relationships fail because one or the other becomes tired of waiting. If you think the relationship is worth it, one of you eventually is going to have to take the chance and relocate to where the other lives. The key seems to be knowing when that move is right. You don't want to rush the relationship, but you don't want to let the distance slowly kill it, either.

Also, daily or almost daily Webcam chat and phone calls make the relationship seem more "real" and viable.

For example, I dated a soldier for well over a year and we emailed every morning and called or did the cam thing EVERY night that it was possible. It wasn't my idea, it was his, but it sure made for a nice relationship while it lasted, even though we only had about 4 weeks of face to face time during that year and a half. Distance was honestly not the reason that relationship fell apart. It was a fairly "normal" and healthy relationship that just didn't work for other reasons that would have arose in the same way if he had lived nearby.

I wish you luck and hope that I have answered your question, at least somewhat. Hang in there. :-)

constancewrites's photo
Sun 08/03/08 01:11 PM
Hmmm. Why did you do it? Seriously? lol

constancewrites's photo
Sat 08/02/08 06:50 AM
I've been cheated on by all but one of many exes. My ex husband added beating to that as well. Yet... I find it absurd how many people let bad experiences make them shut themselves off, not trusting, not loving, not letting things flow anymore.
Sure, the deepest trust has to be earned. However, there has to be just a little trust and independence from the get go, or most people aren't going to be very happy in the relationship. Don't let yourself be broken by the past. Sure, it was bad, sure, you dated some bad seeds. If you assume that every woman will be the same, or every man... you'll push them right away. Who wants to be compared constantly to the nasty ex? I sure as heck don't.
Nah, trust isn't as simple, or black and white. You give a little, then you build on it as you go. But you have to give that little bit. There has to be a foundation, I think.

constancewrites's photo
Sat 08/02/08 06:43 AM

I guess I really never told anyone what they need to do in order to continue a realtionship, I consider that they are an adult and telling them will not change circumstances...maybe that's what I did wrongbigsmile
Its a coin tossfrustrated smile2

Nah, it's not a coin toss. Sure, I'm single again, so maybe I'm no expert, but it seems to me the best relationships are built with honesty, and open communication... which means telling someone if something is wrong. Sure, there is a thing such as "Really really wrong!!" like infidelity, drug abuse, etc. Other than that? Most things can be worked through, if you try instead of clamming up and skipping out. If you tried and they didn't hear you... at least you tried. That would be their loss.
As for people who act different when you end things... yeah... happened to me recently too. Just remember that desperate people don't always show their true selves to you. Some people just can't handle being dumped.
Good luck to you, and I hope that doesn't happen to you again.

constancewrites's photo
Sat 08/02/08 12:16 AM
You look a bit like Tori Amos, with that red do. I think you should keep it. :) I used to dye my blonde hair red. It didn't look nearly as good on me as it does on you.

constancewrites's photo
Wed 07/30/08 02:21 PM
I'm 28 and I have a four year old. I figure that a man under 26 or 27 isn't ready to be a parent, because I know I wasn't at that age... so when they flirt... I feel flattered and move on.

constancewrites's photo
Wed 07/30/08 07:50 AM
Thanks. Problem is... I get on a dating site and ONLY get jerks, or have to wade through 60 or 70 of them to make one friend who is too far away. There has to be a good man in Kansas, somewhere... Maybe I should hide behind an avatar? Then maybe they wouldn't move so fast.

constancewrites's photo
Wed 07/30/08 07:44 AM
Frankly, I'm not going to go out on a date with a man who lives 40-100 miles away without getting to know you online first. So far, the majority of my messages are just phone numbers, and I don't give out my number until a man has earned it, a little. Make me earn yours, or I figure you just want a booty call. I could pick up guys in person if I just wanted to get randomly laid, so obviously, that's not what I want.
If men on this site can't start opening up...
*poof* I'll go look on some other dating site.

constancewrites's photo
Tue 07/29/08 05:23 PM
It must suck to be a man. Women don't get immediately rejected... we just get used for you know what...

constancewrites's photo
Tue 07/29/08 05:04 PM
And... not in Ark City..