Community > Posts By > dmckinnon

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 11:06 AM
Kinda sure of yourself eh? laugh *hugs*

Oh, I am [grins]

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 10:49 AM

Are you doing these romantic things for the romance and because you are interested in these women? Or, are you doing these things in hopes of getting something in return? Sounds like you were expecting something in return for the romantic gestures.

I like doing romantic things for the women I'm interested in, but I have a bad habit of overdoing it. After a while I started to want something in return (not sex or anything like that—just the same kind of attention I was giving her).

I realize now that this was selfish of me, because she's not the same as me (in this regard) and she also has a very busy life. The one good thing that has come from this is that I've realize I need to "cool it" when it comes to the romance stuff.

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 07:20 AM
Good morning, Zoe!

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 03:55 AM
My favorites are 5, 7, 8 and 9. Thankfully, God gave me a rather unique truck so it's kind of hard to loose it in a parking lot :)

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 03:53 AM

I'm 52. I'm pretty sure if there was a woman I was meant to be with He would have brought her along by now.

why are you here?

For something to do. I got bored one day and started looking for singles in my area and this forum popped up, so I joined.

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 03:49 AM

I think that you are right and maybe you are being a bit too full on. You say that you aren't trying to get into their pants. Well, I think you have to get real. You start showering a woman with gifts or "romance" and they are going to think that you want something from them anyway and you obviously do. You feel rejected when they don't respond the way that you would like. They probably like you but they aren't sure about you and trying too hard is pressure.

You remind me of this guy a girl once told me about that was sending her flowers and acting like they were already an item when they hadn't even had a proper date or anything. I'm sure that we've all done that sort of thing and they do find it a turn off. There's nothing wrong with being romantic but you can overdo it and you can come across as a bit of a nutcase if you give them too much attention. Slow down and lighten up a bit maybe. Try to be more of a fun guy and don't act like you are desperate. You have a lot to give to the right woman but just back off a bit and play it at their pace.

i got as far as in return, you shouldnt do anything for anyone and expect something in return, if they do return it fine (bonus) but each person is an individual you have ur ways of doing things abd she will have her own way simple

Tawt & 4evababy—thanks for the advice...I would have to agree with you both on this. I'm working on changing that :)

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 03:44 AM

where in my reply did i say that? hmmm, my last 3 exs have though

And see, this is where we all are. We can only base our assumptions on the members of the opposite sex we have encountered. If your whole life you have encountered men who lie, then (in your own life) you have only that experience to go by. It makes it hard to trust or even believe that a man could be telling you the truth, when all the other ones you've known have lied to you.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 10:40 AM

There are a few good men out there Online. Most are already taken.

Phfft...right. Obviously, not all women know a decent man when they encounter one—otherwise I wouldn't be here.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 10:20 AM

I gots MINE bigsmile

Heart attack on a plate.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 09:46 AM

I think any time a person reduces their potential partner to a formula and changes themself in order to snare them, they are not interested in a real relationship. Just lookin for an easy lay. If you cant see people as individuals, then you will probably just become angry when they they don't fall in line with your experiments expected results.

I'm not trying to reduce anyone to a formula, not am I interested in "snaring" them or getting in their pants. I was merely asking if anyone else has been overly romantic with someone they are interested in and received the opposite in return. For me I have discovered that being romantic is the same as talking too much; it can be a turn-off if you overdo it.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 06:40 AM
It's interesting I found this on the welcome page to this forum, "I'll give you the incredibly simple answer to why 1000's of eligible men get rejected by hot women every day: they give too much up-front! It's that simple. The sad truth is that a guy can be a real loser, but he if has the discipline to ration his attention, resources and time, women will flock to him. I've seen it happen time and again."

I've recently learned this and that's why I started this thread. With the woman in question who I was giving too much attention to I've realized that I need to stop, because it has the opposite effect of what I'm hoping to achieve. Too much attention can turn women off or they simply get used to it and it becomes an expected behavior.

So I was just curious what others did when they encountered this behavior. Me I'm going to stop being easy and start being more reserved. How about you?

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 05:08 AM
LOL....I needed a good laugh. Thanks :)

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 04:14 AM

Another option is to lower your expectations. Low expectations IS the key to happiness. At least that's what the Buddha said.

And that's why buddha is just a paperweight.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 04:12 AM
Blurry

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 04:11 AM
I've always been a hopeless romantic at heart, but at my age I've finally realized it can be more "less" than hopeful. For example, I always like to send women little cards and messages to make them smile or cheer them up. I'm an illustrator so it's easy for me to make these myself. The problem exists when I'm the only one doing this and not getting anything of a similar nature in return.

It's in my nature to want to be romantic, so when I don't have anyone to be romantic with I kind of go through withdrawal symptoms. There is this one gal I met on another dating site and I've been doing the romantic thing with her, but she rarely responds with any type of romantic efforts herself.

I know people are different and yadda-yadda, but just for the sake of this thread how far would you be willing to go in your amorous affections for someone if you never (or rarely) got anything in return?

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 02:48 AM
The Gourmet Kind :)

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 02:46 AM
I'm 52. I'm pretty sure if there was a woman I was meant to be with He would have brought her along by now.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 02:36 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Sun 03/24/13 02:39 AM
I can tell a lot about someone via online and over the phone, enough anyway to get a sense of who they are. Plus I'm always praying and asking God to give me guidance in this area, and so far He's made the flaws pretty easy to spot. I've also started asking Him recently if I'm even suppose to be with someone at all. I know in the bible Paul says that it would be better if we were like him (alone), for then we would be focusing more on God than someone else.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 02:30 AM

Under what circumstances would you be comfortable dating a friend’s ex-husband..if any?

Why? Are you thinking of doing this yourself?

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 03/24/13 02:12 AM
Like I said, I would if she was extraordinary. Nowadays that's the only way I would spend the effort to go where some gal is. I've had too many bad relationships to waste gas, money and time just to go somewhere to have another one.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 15 16