Community > Posts By > dmckinnon

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 03/27/13 05:47 AM
Scammers are a part of online life though, no sense worrying or getting upset about it.

Exactly.

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 03/27/13 05:28 AM

Hi hopen45 here! Not one women finds me interesting. What m i doing wrong?????

Refrain from making comments like this one.

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 03/27/13 05:26 AM

Anemic & PALE, but I'm getting help for that :P

Hang in there Gorgeous...summer is coming :)

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 03/27/13 05:22 AM
How are we supposed to be able to meet people or trust them if they are hiding behind profiles that aren’t real? How do we determine the genuine people who are sincere about their intentions, from the players who are just trying to get game?

Leave the computer and go mingle with them in real life.

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 03/27/13 05:19 AM
Yeah, every time someone Nudges or Invites me on this board :)

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 07:09 PM
A melhor musica de todos os tempos...

Coldplay - Paradise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ZWlDks0nQ

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 06:59 PM
Steal some covers, share some skin...

Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcHKsWA4YGk

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 06:42 PM
Spring Lake....beach trip.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 06:35 PM
Edited by dmckinnon on Tue 03/26/13 06:35 PM
A little girl had been shopping with her Mom in WalMart. She must have been 6 years old, this beautiful red haired, freckle faced image of innocence.

It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the earth it has no time to flow down the spout.. We all stood there, under the awning, just inside the door of the WalMart.

We waited, some patiently, others irritated because nature messed up their hurried day.

I am always mesmerized by rainfall. I got lost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world. Memories of running, splashing so carefree as a child came pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.

Her little voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all caught in, 'Mom let's run through the rain,' she said.

'What?' Mom asked.

'Let's run through the rain!' She repeated.

'No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit,' Mom replied.

This young child waited a minute and repeated: 'Mom, let's run through the rain...'

'We'll get soaked if we do,' Mom said.

'No, we won't, Mom. That's not what you said this morning,' the young girl said as she tugged at her Mom's arm.

'This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet?'

'Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer, you said, 'If God can get us through this, He can get us through anything!''

The entire crowd stopped dead silent. I swear you couldn't hear anything but the rain. We all stood silently. No one left. Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say.

Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Some might even ignore what was said. But this was a moment of affirmation in a young child's life. A time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will bloom into faith.

'Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain. If GOD let's us get wet, well maybe we just need washing,' Mom said.

Then off they ran. We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they darted past the cars and yes, through the puddles. They got soaked.

They were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the way to their cars. And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I needed washing.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 06:23 PM
Oh yeah, I do. Now after everything I've been through (especially the plane wreck of heartache I went through losing the love of my life last year) this belief may be somewhat ragged, but I still believe in it.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 06:05 PM

Often I have had people ask me, "How can I do good works, as God says in the bible?" This is a common question, actually, and the answer is really quite simple. First, let's examine the Scriptures on this subject...

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Verse 2:8 mentions the pivotal element by which all believers are given the power to do good works: grace. Grace describes the undeserved kindness by which salvation is given, but it is also the power-word describing the Holy Spirit's operational means. Grace is a force as well as a favor, a verb as well as a noun.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)

Verse 2:10 now gives us the answer to the question How can I do good works...? We are created by God in Christ Jesus so that the ability to do good works is now inherent in us. The genius of God's new creation work in each believer is that He renovates the nature of His redeemed children to make good works a living possibility.

So looking at these verses in this way it is obvious that if a person is truly saved then they will naturally desire to do good works. It isn't something they will have to struggle with or ask God to help them with, because it will come naturally to them through the indwelling force of the Holy Spirit.

God has created in all who believe this desire to do good works in Christ Jesus.

Amen!

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 02:43 PM
Sounds good, Toody :)

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 02:36 PM
Nobody would even have cared what it was that you were looking for from a woman if you hadn't made a thing about it.

I didn't make anything about it—you did.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 02:26 PM
Edited by dmckinnon on Tue 03/26/13 02:30 PM

I am not looking for casual sex or a fling. I have even turned women down on here because they weren't looking for a relationship. Been there and done that and I don't regret it but I am looking for more than that now.

Well, congratulations—so am I. And while we're here I would appreciate it if you would refrain from making assumptions about me or questioning every single word I post as if I'm nothing but a scamming whore with some hidden agenda.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 02:06 PM

Am I supposed to be jealous because you aren't getting any and aren't even bothered about that anyway?

I'm not bothered by that. Does it bother you?

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 01:23 PM
Jealous?

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 01:15 PM
This is one song that says what I have been unable to say...

David Nevue - Words Left Unsaid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsiKVB-mtk0

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 11:04 AM
Now you're talking.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 11:03 AM

hi...

He's back! Didn't find it, eh? :)

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 08:00 AM
In my experience, people who don't have a lot of free time don't even have time for themselves. I read your profile and you are looking for someone else who does the same. Kind of hard to grow a relationship when you don't have any time to water it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 15 16