Community > Posts By > dmckinnon

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 04/25/13 06:53 AM
You are very smart for a man. (I'm sorry if that sounds sexist, but you are almost smart enough to be a woman.) I am guessing you are a deep thinker. You could be a writer or an artist.

Thanks for the compliment, although I noticed it's a classic woman compliment—it starts with a compliment to me, but then it ends by implying that I could only be that smart if I were a woman.

Hilarious...

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 04/25/13 06:37 AM

Obviously U have NEVER Been Married!! U get trained quick!!! LOL!!!scared laugh

I was married and I didn't write these. It was just something I saw on my FB timeline and I thought it was funny.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 04/25/13 06:17 AM
I saw this on my FB stream and thought I'd share it here. It's pretty funny. We always hear 'the rules' from the female side now here are the rules from the male side (please note: these are all numbered #1 on purpose!).

1. Men are not mind readers.

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one:

* Subtle hints do not work!
* Strong hints do not work!
* Obvious hints do not work!
* Just say it!

1. Yes and no are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both.
If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we...

1. All men see in only 16 colors, like windows default settings..
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say 'nothing,' we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear..

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine...Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as football or motor sports.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round is a shape!

1. Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight.. But did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping...

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 04/24/13 03:54 PM
I have seen women disagree with you on here, and if u can't handle that you are not ready for a mature adult relationship.

A guy says anything and they're being bitter or immature or whimpy, but if a woman says anything they're just "disagreeing". I guess with that in mind it would be kind of hard to have a mature relationship, because a mature relationship requires honesty on both sides.

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 04/24/13 02:39 PM

I don't have the time nor the inclination. To go back and repost every single angry comment made by the women in this thread. If you can't see it? Take your time, Go back and re read the whole thread. As I always say.. Think whatever you like, It's exactly what your going to do anyway.

Dude, you know women—they never admit to anything. Take the other guy's advice; just smile and walk away.

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 04/24/13 02:13 PM
Reminds me of the Glory Hole...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_8R03jIZI

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 04/24/13 02:08 PM

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 04/24/13 02:06 PM
No one. I already have someone to kiss and I met her on another dating forum.

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 04/24/13 06:14 AM
Certainly that was not the interaction I was looking for here.

That's usually the reaction you get in this place. I've rarely seen anyone reply with any kind of understanding or compassion. Just jump right in and start bashing. It's a shame really, but then wasn't that the point of your original post :)

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 06:36 PM
I guarantee you, for all their talk, if a nice guy really did walk into their life they probably wouldn't even recognize him. Or, since most women seem to be on the defensive, they'd most likely ostracize the poor bastard before they even got a chance to know him.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 12:49 PM

However have you noticed that every woman bashing men in here either has no photo or fits my number 3 description?

Lol...yeah, I did notice that.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 12:37 PM

Truth be told, Is simply this you can't go by what a woman says she wants. A woman says she wants honesty? Really, Go ahead and tell her she looks fat. When she asks you, How she looks in a dress. A woman says she wants a nice guy, Maybe I should make a nice guy thread. Just to see how many can't get a date. Women want to be told what they want to hear. They also want you to be kind of vague and distant. Or else they realize they have you, Then they don't want you. You ladies can argue this all day, I think the men in here know better.

Indeed.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 12:24 PM

Don't feel the instant need to answer every woman's question immediately.

Sometimes ignore them, or simply respond with a sly smile.

So true...[sly smile]

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 10:30 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Tue 04/23/13 10:33 AM

Don't try to impress the women.
Let her impress you .

Come on now, REALLY? Where am I supposed to find a woman that impresses me?

Lol...really. If I actually did I'd die of shock and then I wouldn't get to enjoy it.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 09:08 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Tue 04/23/13 09:12 AM

Some of you need to try harder. Some men really aren't very nice at all. And some men are nice but just haven't met the right woman yet. Just because you may think she's right for you that doesn't mean you're right for her. Relationships aren't "one size fits all".

I understand this, but I can only speak from my own experience. And in my experience the only women I've known have reacted negatively to me being the "nice guy". There were even a couple who said they loved the fact that I was a nice guy, but in the end they left, which speaks more truth than what they said.

I can understand what the OP said, because I have seen it myself—being nice didn't do anything for me with the women I was with. In fact, it seemed to turn a lot of them off. So (from my own experience, mind you) I have not seen any proof that this "nice guy" thing actually works.

It only stands to reason then perhaps there's some truth to not being so nice—not in the essence of being a jerk, but maybe just not being too nice, because maybe the woman starts getting used to that and you become boring to her.

Just a thought....

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 08:48 AM

That doesn't really make any sense. What these guys here are saying is that just being a nice guy doesn't work and not just being a nice guy does.

Why do you always fall back on the "you men are just bitter" argument?

Because it's far easier to say that than face the alternative.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 08:44 AM
If you're naturally a nice guy, don't pretend to be a jerk and then wonder why you can't get a good woman.

The whole point of the thread is that we have tried being the nice guy and it hasn't done us any good.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 04:42 AM
disillusioned

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 04:16 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Tue 04/23/13 04:21 AM
I never would have bought this statement before, but now after all the relationships I've had I can see that it's probably true. I have been decent, loving and attentive with all the women in my life, and yet this did not make any difference. Obviously giving women what they claim they want doesn't work, so I'm thinking the OP is on to something. Holding things back and not giving of myself so freely—even if it means being a bit of jerk in the process—might not be a bad idea.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 03:15 AM

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16