Community > Posts By > regularfeller

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 09:08 AM

I sometimes find it looks sexy. Unusual me. A man I once knew, used to give me a cold stare. I was never sure if he was trying to give me an evil stare, or a sexy stare. Either way, it looked hot.

:laughing: He was probably trying to imagine what you would taste like grilled and slathered in barbecue sauce!

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 09:05 AM
My boat is just well anchored...:wink:

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 09:01 AM

The fact that the bibles of the world can be interpreted many different ways makes them fallible works. And a fallible work is not that of an infallible god.

You sure about that?:wink: ..Ima thinkin you stopped too soon and me not even a believer in the biblical sense....bigsmile

Dance with me!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm POSITIVE about that! (stopped too soon?)

:banana: :banana:

Shake your bon-bon, shake your bon-bon, shake your bon-bon.

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 08:55 AM
2OLD aka OL' 2PAC,

There has been a huge upswing in the lack of respect for the humanity of others by people of ALL ages.

Believe it or not, ALL people are becoming increasingly psychopathic sociopaths.

Doubt me? Take a drive down any highway during rush hour. Write a check at the grocery check out. State your opinion in a forum thread.

People do not respect LEOs as they did when we were kids, often for good reason. LEOs do not respect people as they once did, often for NO good reason. Just because gang bangers in South Central Los Angeles are violent doesn't translate to the need for police in Podunk, Iowa (sorry Iowans) to armor up and verbally/physically abuse juveniles for running through old man Johnson's corn field.

You don't command respect by demanding respect.

You don't command respect by abusing your authority.

You don't command respect by screaming like banshees and shouting expletives.

You don't command respect by physically assaulting others.

You don't command respect by insulting Iowans.

All these things do conjure are resentment and fear. And a scared man (or woman) has a greater potential to be dangerous.

The young have youthful minds. They saw their friend being assaulted and wanted to intervene. Understandable. But reason overpowered their instinct. Good. They left the area. That WAS the objective. Why chase them down and bring one back bleeding? I can't fathom a good reason for that.

When it is your job to protect others and maintain order, you assume risk to your personal safety. It doesn't make your life and well being any more valuable than anyone else's. It certainly doesn't grant you privilege to inflame a situation and incite a crowd. If it did, that would be......

RIDICULOUS.

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 08:06 AM

New here. Less than a day. Anyhow I once almost got burned because of this very topic. Not on a dating site but facebook. My profile image was a few years old and somewhat misleading or so I was told. I looked up this girl I new in college and did a friend request. She accepted and we went out to dinner. She was surprised and somewhat disappointed that I looked a little older and had long hair. We did go out again. She actually invited me over to her place. So it wasn't a deal breaker.

On this site, when I signed up, I posted the only picture I had of myself. About 12 years old. It is still there but I added a couple of recent ones. Not trying to fool anyone. I only joined to help me stop thinking about a recent ex. Seems to be working. And no, it is not the girl I mentioned above.

:laughing:
slaphead
You meant the photograph itself was twelve years old!

I was wondering why in the H-E-double hockey sticks someone would use a picture of themselves at 12 years of age!

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 07:59 AM
When I was a boy and asked my dad why his brothers got so mad when arguing over what the bible says, he said to me:

"Son, some people got to make someone else believe what they believe. They figure if they can talk you into it, it must be right. Course, you can talk another feller into robbing a bank too.

Believe what you want. I'm gonna believe what I want. I'm not really trying to change minds. I am trying to figure how good religion is best exampled by people scathingly chastising anyone that has a contrary thought.

I find it humorous to watch tap dancing around point blank questions that go unanswered. Not because the answer cannot be known, but because it doesn't want to be admitted.

The fact that the bibles of the world can be interpreted many different ways makes them fallible works. And a fallible work is not that of an infallible god.

Now, I dance!
:banana:
ON THIS "ROCKO", I BUILD MY CHURCH:

You just do you (and what), umma do me,
Umma do me, umma do me
You just do you (and what), umma do me, umma do me, umma do me
Wanna see how it's done? Then watch me do me,
Watch me do me, watch me do me
Wanna see how it's done? Then watch me do me,
Watch me do me, watch me do me

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 07:14 AM

Anytime you come up on or behind a Law Enforcement Officer handcuffing someone your asking for trouble. I don't care if you are 15 or 50, let alone running up on one.

Once they backed off he holstered his weapon. I don't see the problem here.

I know if my partner or I are handcuffing someone and someone comes running up behind one of us, it is a REALLY bad day for that person.

I know that when my call was to clear a crowd, I cleared a crowd. I didn't incite people by scream expletives and shoving them around.

Care to guess the result? People left the area. Did some of them "talk shite" while they left the area? Yes - so what?

Anybody that ran up BESIDE me then backed away when I looked at them didn't stop me from what I was doing to walk over and menace them with my firearm until they ran away.

Furthermore, why didn't he draw his weapon on the two girls who actually grabbed hold of his arm (they were obstructing and assaulting a LEO) PRIOR to the two boys, who never touched him, entering the frame?

BTW - he was not handcuffing her, he was manhandling her. One of the other officers who returned from chasing down and busting the mouth of one of the menaced boys did.

Once they backed off he holstered his weapon. I don't see the problem here.

No, that is not true. He drew his weapon AFTER they backed off and did not holster it until well after they fled out of sight and after his fellow officers gave chase.

Being said, if he did in fact think they posed a threat to his life and possessed a weapon, didn't they just take priority over the sassy girl he returned to sit on when they ran off?

Wasn't their "threat to society" greater than that of a girl who had merely been trespassing?

RIDICULOUS

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 06:12 AM

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 06:12 AM
coy :laughing:

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 05:56 AM

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 05:55 AM
blushing i'm too embarrassed to say....

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 05:54 AM
snuggle back

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 05:11 AM
Herman's Hermits

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 05:08 AM
hope there's a cushion for the pushin'...off of the bed!

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 05:07 AM
me...bigsmile

regularfeller's photo
Wed 06/10/15 09:49 PM
Edited by regularfeller on Wed 06/10/15 09:49 PM
ohwell reckon that makes sheet music the "toilet paper" of the soul?

regularfeller's photo
Wed 06/10/15 09:47 PM
:banana:

Just call me "Hef" cause I got Bunnies up in my mansion!

regularfeller's photo
Wed 06/10/15 09:43 PM
The character christ was condemned for blasphemy.

regularfeller's photo
Wed 06/10/15 09:21 PM
The same people that told me to believe in a god also told me to believe in some other invisible benevolent beings: santa claus, the easter bunny, and the tooth fairy.

Later, I'm told none of them are real except one.

And that one is verifiably bonafide because there is some old compilation of nationalist stories that proves it.

People believe in a god the same reason they believe in anything - they are told to and are ostracized if they don't.

Believe in a god if you want to, don't believe in a god if you don't want to. Don't make me no nevermind. (forgive my appalachian american dialect.)

regularfeller's photo
Wed 06/10/15 08:41 PM
When the words of men that are attributed to a god are open to interpretation, they are flawed.

ALL religious verses can, and have, been taken out of context by somebody at some time.

Just as msharmony pointed to "judge no lest you be judged" and gave her impression of the meaning of this phrase, I have a different take on it. I read "do unto others" in this line. By judging someone you will in turn be judged by them and you'll find yourself having urinating contests.

Who is right? Who is wrong?

We both are...depending on the interpretation.

But then again, the example is addressing the semantics of interpretation and not context.

Context is better exampled by snipping the phrase "an eye for an eye" from the full citation which in its entirety implies that justice rests solely in the hands of the deity and not mankind.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25