Community > Posts By > regularfeller

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 06:33 PM

easy there RF,not here to lock lips with ya,just making sure your not in here kissen on me girl,,carrie on.ooh and ill be back to keep an eye on things,,lmao

:laughing:
you're a sexy man nascar but I'll bite my lip!

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 06:32 PM

Breezes in .. winking and blows a cheeky smoochy kiss to all love love : :heart:

flowers

bigsmile good thing she thinks lips are cheeks - blondes, go figure!

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 06:31 PM
:banana:

Soul Train ain't got nothing on this locomotive of funk!

Get out your seat and jump around, jump around!

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 06:24 PM
:laughing: Social media makes you antisocial!

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 06:22 PM
Long time ago I was a branch manager of this company and had to fire a man that refused to perform a task assigned him by his supervisor for no reason other than he did not want to (this man's words, not mine). He worked alone at night and his refusal to do his duty resulted in our employer nearly losing the account.

When I went to the unemployment hearing on the company's behalf the hearing officer asked me for my side of the story which is what I stated above.

When she gave the man his turn to speak, he just pointed at me and shouted, "That man is a prevaricator! He fired me just because I'm black!"

The hearing officer looked at me with an expression like she did not know what to say.

So, I spoke up and asked, "Who hired you?" He replied, "You did!" I asked him, "Who signed off on your successful completion of the probationary period and awarded you the maximum allowable raise?" He responded, "You did".

Then I asked, "And what race were you when I hired you, reviewed your performance evaluation, and increased your wage?"

His mouth opened but he said nothing.

The hearing officer asked him if he had made ANY attempt to perform the task he was assigned and he stated he made no attempt because there was no way he could have completed it in the course of his shift. She advised him that this refusal to even TRY was sufficient grounds for dismissal and she was going to deny his claim.

She told me that while she got my point that perhaps I had not chosen the best way make it.

I have never understood what gave this man that impression of me. All I can imagine is that his being a considerably older man that he had been subjected to discrimination based on his race during his life and it was this life experience that had him convinced this is the only reason he could have been fired.

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 04:54 PM
Well, my dad and two of his brothers shared a a farm so there were three families living on the spread. We had snow ball fights all winter long and in the summer....road apple fights! The key to success was to find a ball that was sun baked to a firm crust but nice and mushy in the middle. You heaved that'n at yer cousin and SPLAT! Right in the kisser!

:laughing: Being a bumpkin is fun!

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 04:48 PM

Sorry my kisses are reserved for someone special.

Balderdash! Have at you!

flowers

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 02:05 PM

Man being mod must really suck at times..whew
clean up aisle 8

Smooch for.Rfsmooched

flowers

And one for you moderator!

I woulda given you two but I like to do things in...moderation...bigsmile

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 02:01 PM
Oh, you're one of those.

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 01:49 PM

rofl rofl

I used to know... have forgotten, haha

But seriously, all has been said I think. I would personally never ever get engaged and/or married without testing the goodies first, lol.

OH, and apart from that ... I wouldn't have the patience to wait maybe a year or longer from the moment of meeting till marriage.

If I were tall, devoid of gristle, and handsome with long blonde hair we'd elope tomorrow! :wink:

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 01:46 PM

I'm against prejudice, obviously. That goes without saying. But... We are all prejudiced TO A DEGREE. I hate stereotypes. I treat people as people first and foremost. Republicans... that's a different story but people... You get it.
The problem we as humans have is hardwired into our DNA. You protect those that look sound....etc like you. Our DNA doesn't have an agenda but written history does. Our written human record doesn't tell us that skin pigmentation is EQUAL among ALL RACES, the difference is where in your skin the melanin is located. That's how we tan. The closer to the equator our ancestors are from more of that pigment stays closer to the skin's surface. That's it. Solving this is IMPOSSIBLE because it ISN'T A PROBLEM, it's a SOLUTION.

surprised

We're all brown on the inside!

You sir, are a genius!

:thumbsup:

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 01:43 PM

It's his dance y'all and Joe The Bricky 's his name!

DJ....pump up the volume!

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 01:37 PM

Regularfellow stated >>>
Okay, you are missing what I am conveying, 2OLD.

But, yes, I do think this police officer exercised poor judgement throughout the event.

That's highly plausible...and yet would you agree that our VISION via that little phone camera and what that officer was hearing - seeing - reacting to; would be something that none of use 'Arm Chair Quarterbacks' would be able to judge?

That's my POINT! But I'll withdrawal and quit kicking this dead horse thread...I'm just on the side of the homeowners and that person in charge at the pool! LIABILITY --- and cost for insurance rates; propel quite a bit of my 'who's right or wrong' in this matter flowerforyou :wink:

Okay, here we go...

How is it that my opinion that the police officer exercised poor judgement is construed in your mind that I believe that those kids had every right to be where they were, behave the way they did, and disregard the security officer's lawful order to vacate the property?

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 01:32 PM

ok messagetrade,

Its not very important, but the first vowel in my name is an 'a'.

explain to me how the two phrases are different so I don't live the rest of my life being insulted and ashamed for my ignorance.

I appreciate your sarcasm. Your meaning would have also been conveyed by saying I was 'obviously biased', which is to say that there is a quality you ascribe to me, and that the claim of the existence of this quality is obviously true. You instead said I have 'an obvious bias', which is to say that there is a bias which exists and which is, itself, an obvious one. Therefore I misunderstood your actual meaning, and asked - if it such an obvious bias, exactly what that bias is. You are right that there is a potential overlap of meaning here, and you didn't mis-use language. But the first phrase doesn't speak to the bias itself (noun), only the quality you ascribe to the person (adjective). The second phrase includes the suggestion that the specific bias _itself_ is obvious, not just the condition of being biased. The two phrases can mean the same thing, but they need not mean the same thing, depending on context and intention. When people say that phrases 'mean the same thing' in situations like this, its one of my pet peeves. It tends to lead to equivocation fallacies, which is another pet peeve.

As far as the other thread of discussion, you and I are actually on different topics here. I think you would agree that it is wrong of people to go around declaring "The cop pulled a gun on a teenage girl!!" when, in fact, he did not.

I agree the cop didn't pull a gun on a girl...but since he did pull his weapon, he SHOULD have pointed it at the two girls who physically pulled on his arm, not two boys who never touched him, who backed away, and then ran away from the threat to their safety.

And I wasn't being sarcastic. You want to sidetrack things and muddy the water by insulting the intelligence of others and squabbling over minutia. I'm sure you have misspelled a word or user name before. A mere typo warrants a quote from you? And since the context was mine, I can speak to it's intent and meaning. BTW, people saying "it means the same thing" and "equivocation fallacies" means the same thing! So you just get credit for one pet peeve.

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 01:21 PM
Okay, you are missing what I am conveying, 2OLD.

But, yes, I do think this police officer exercised poor judgement throughout the event.

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 01:01 PM

regularfellow stated >>>
Someone please, pretty please, explain to me how the bikini girl was more important than a young man who posed such a significant threat as to cause this officer to leave the girl, approach the two youths, draw his weapon, watch them flee, holster his weapon and turn around and kneel on her back.

He brandished that weapon for the sole purpose of menacing those two young men. Whether he is a racist or not doesn't matter. But we ALL know, including this officer, there is nothing more frightening to a young black man than a cop pointing a gun at him.

Let us for the sake of what we are all allowed to see via that little camera image: that the officer being able to turn his head - use all of his peripheral vision/hearing/reacted accordingly to what HE HAD EYE SIGHT ON --- while running up to the area that this young lady was! There is a prior video that shows a similar young lady in a fist fight with another young lady while 2 older women are off to the sides screaming words {inaudible}...

Sure conclusions can be drawn that this officer as well as all the supporting officers arriving on scene were shouting orders: ie., get down - every one down - or stop fighting and sit but to assume that he just for 'willy-nilly' reasoning grabbed her out of all those other's flailing around and shouting...well that's a HUGE STRETCH even for me!noway

And if she had just gone down and stayed there --- OMG, how different this would have all turned out!

Do as your told - don't be talk'n back {especially to officers on a respond call} and things will get sorted out when the chaos quiets down!

Pretty Dog Gone Simplistic IMHO :wink:

With all due respect 2OLD, how to determine the priority between a person reported to have been involved in a scuffle and two men that made an officer fear for his life is a pretty easy one to make.

That's why cops will leave speeders unticketed, barking dog complaints unanswered, loiterers loitering and respond to an officer in distress call.

You don't sit on a girl for being churlish when you got two men who "endagered" your life running amok.

And, once again, he DID NOT arrest, detain, point a weapon at, or otherwise enforce the law upon the two girls that grabbed and pulled his arm while he wrestled the bikini girl.

They actually, without a doubt, right there on camera, committed an enforceable criminal act!

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 12:38 PM
ok messagetrade, explain to me how the two phrases are different so I don't live the rest of my life being insulted and ashamed for my ignorance.

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 12:35 PM
flowers

Bunny!

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 12:33 PM
Some of my best friends are bigots!

:laughing:

regularfeller's photo
Thu 06/11/15 12:31 PM

Verses are taken out of context mainly to fit "their" agenda rather then God's intended agenda. People will always want to do what "they" want rather then specifically what "God" wants from us.

surprised

For once I can partially agree with you! (Still think men wrote the texts that were later piecemealed together and made into "the bible" using their own thoughts, words and ideals)

But, that aside, and even for sake of argument stipulating that the bible is the word of the god, this is the very reason I am constantly railing about my lack of affinity for organized religion. Agendas and egos determine the interpretation of the passages, taxes the people, and oppresses them.

What should be and what is reality are two different things.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25