Community > Posts By > Roweanne

no photo
Tue 07/14/09 02:22 PM
Howdy. You started out on the west coast, didn't you? I believe we IM a few weeks ago.

no photo
Thu 04/30/09 02:11 PM

As soppy as a lorry load of monkey's
It's pretty bad when I need a translation from English to English, but what does soppy mean? I know that a lorry is a truck (I think a straight truck).what

no photo
Thu 04/30/09 02:08 PM

when some one says i could care less....

when one usually states i could care less, they usually mean i could not care less e.g. i could care less about linguistics

in order for one to care less about a subject wouldnt they first care about it somewhat?? saying i could care less about....does indeed imply, nay dictate, that there is some degree of care....

very frustrating....grumble grumble

I think it's originally "I couldn't care less..."

no photo
Thu 04/30/09 02:06 PM
Elevator doesn't go the whole way to the top.
A few bricks short of a load.
Not playing with a full deck.
Not the brightest (sharpest, most brilliant) bulb(tool, crayon) in the chandelier (shed, box).
His cheese slipped off his cracker.
Hotter than a $3 pistol.
Slicker than greased owl snot.

no photo
Thu 04/30/09 01:57 PM

i had already expressed this on another thread... but when someone writes 'push button, receive bacon' on the hand dryer in public restrooms.

i mean, its not funny. its stupid and unoriginal. i love bathroom graffiti and participate often, but this is so ****ing stupid.
Sad's the poet whose words of wit
Are inspired by the smell of s#!t.

no photo
Thu 04/30/09 01:56 PM
I find it frustrating when people butcher and mis-speak new slang phrases or age-old phrases. It's even more frustrating when I catch myself doing it.frustrated

no photo
Wed 04/29/09 08:32 PM
Wow! What do you do for a living, Dan?

no photo
Wed 04/29/09 08:28 PM
Has anyone else heard of this rule of thumb? Or have I been listening to too many really old people talking?

no photo
Wed 04/29/09 08:27 PM
I took this to mean that for every $100 you spent to buy the vehicle, it was supposed to last 1000 miles. PM costs were not even factored in.

no photo
Wed 04/29/09 08:24 PM

I get paid when i am off sick. Is that not the norm in the US?
You're kidding, right? Most places, you lose out on part of your pay if you are sick and call off.

no photo
Wed 04/29/09 08:22 PM

I heard my dad phone one of his customers once saying he couldnt go to their house that day because he has a bone in his leg. Its an old one, but it worked.
Wait, this is what I was trying to do. It's called a femur.

no photo
Wed 04/29/09 08:22 PM
LOL It's called a femur!laugh

no photo
Wed 04/29/09 08:19 PM
Probably.

no photo
Wed 04/29/09 08:11 PM
I was actually quotong from an old country song. In truth, though, the guideline used to be that for every $100 you spent on a vehicle, you were supposed to get 1000 miles out of it. That is no longer true, no matter how well you maintain it.

no photo
Wed 04/29/09 08:02 PM
"...Wish a Ford and a Chevy would still last ten years like they should..." None of them are nearly the product they are supposed to be.

no photo
Wed 04/29/09 07:43 PM
I haven't played hookei from work in so long that I don't know what I'd do.

no photo
Wed 04/29/09 07:42 PM
All I ask is that he doesn't try to change me. If a realationship is going to cost me who I am, it isn't worth it. Incidentally, it's also not worth it if he will lose who he is. No one should lose his or her own self, who they are, in a relationship.

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 11:27 PM
The Earth could survive just fine without humans, but humans wouldn't last long without Mother Earth.

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 11:26 PM
Religion is the human desire to be closer to the Creator manifested in little tricks and "helps" that eventually get put together to become an orginized religion. We are born with the ability to relate to the higher power, and it is taught out of us at a young age.

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 11:12 PM
Ah, good point. Along the lines of slow and comfortable.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 20 21