Community > Posts By > rtaylor74

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 11:00 PM

yeah... im a starbucks barista....
i know your pain...
my store is part of a mall.. so once the mall closes on a friday or saturday night.... all the little teeni boppers flock over..... frappucino after frappucine.... its hell

It did suck making those when you got really busy and kept having to rinse the blenders out.

Especially when people like me came in demanding milkshakes, and you don't even really make milkshakes, but I insist on a milkshake anyway, but then when i get the milkshake i'm all like "i don't like this milkshake, this is not quality milk" and just throw it away...

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:59 PM

Why would someone announce on hear that their getting married, but yet stalk your profile.....strange.. never seen this person before on here and i checked to see who viewed my profile and there he was:angry: laugh

He probably wants to drink your milkshake. DRINK IT UP!! drinker

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:55 PM
Edited by rtaylor74 on Thu 03/06/08 10:56 PM

Not for stemcell.

I also think that technology can further develope if given the opportunity, or the funds. Instead of wasting our money on a pointless war, or tearing down trees destroying the ear, we can spend more on trying to find cures for diseases, or anything like that.

Now, are you only for animal testing to find cures for Cancer, diabetes, ect... or do you agree with cosmetic testing also?

Very much so!! Personally, I honestly believe that there should be "non tested" and "tested" cosmetics that are offered. (After about 150000 people go blind or die, then I promise you the question will never be raised again.)

I wish it were a perfect world, and we didn't have to such things, but it's not and we do. If you want progress (like the desire you just expressed) then there will be certain sacrifices. We don't live in a "shiny happy people" world. That being the case, you get to choose between certain things. All things invariably come down to two choices. Safe and Unsafe. Sometimes choosing the blue pill means that some of God's Fluffy Creatures have to take the red pill.

There is no vast consipiracy to kill puppies and kittens. If that were the case, we never would have developed crash test dummies for car safety. We woulda just put stray dogs in Audis and slammed them into a wall instead. But that wouldn't be reasonable. Be reasonable. In cases where testing has to be carried out, very intelligent and educated people make decisions to keep you, me and our kids (when I ever have them) safe.

When and if technology ever progresses to the point where it can mimic a human endocrine or pulmonary system (which will require the advancement of nanotechnology ohhh about 100 years away) then we can Free Willy.

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:43 PM
westSIIIIIDE!!

<<<< (twisting my fingers in to a "W" and looking like a tool)

smokin

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:42 PM
Actually, yes it is, but... In my case it's more of a public revelation, standing on top of the roof and screaming kinda thing...

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:41 PM

I am what some might consider an animal activist.
I promote animal rights although i am Not a member of P.E.T.A. (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) because i have my own similar yet highly differant opinions. I've also been a vegetarian for 7 years now.

Product testing is beyond wrong. It's completely inhumane, let alone the fact that alot of it isnt accurate considering humans have differant DNA, genetical compounds, and differant reactions than these animals.

The fact that we're testing these things on poor animals is horrible considering the technology we have now. Most of these reactions can be predicted via computer models.

Sad truth is people are savages. (personal opinion)
I think it should stop.
She screwed Michael Vick over!

No cares about Vick. He is quite possibly the dumbest man on earth. how do go to jail and lose millions of guaranteed money over DOG FIGHTING? I mean, take away the moral issues and all that... But seriously.

That guy is a shining example of the age old question...

"HOW do you F**K that UP???"

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:39 PM
Oh, I think she likes me... smokin

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:38 PM
Edited by rtaylor74 on Thu 03/06/08 10:38 PM

Oh man a delicious strawberry milkshake......

Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? Watch it. And my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake, I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!!!

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:37 PM
I don't like older men. Or younger men. Milkshakes are cool, though.

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:35 PM
I like milkshakes.

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:29 PM

I am what some might consider an animal activist.
I promote animal rights although i am Not a member of P.E.T.A. (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) because i have my own similar yet highly differant opinions. I've also been a vegetarian for 7 years now.

Product testing is beyond wrong. It's completely inhumane, let alone the fact that alot of it isnt accurate considering humans have differant DNA, genetical compounds, and differant reactions than these animals.

The fact that we're testing these things on poor animals is horrible considering the technology we have now. Most of these reactions can be predicted via computer models.

Sad truth is people are savages. (personal opinion)
I think it should stop.

Open heart surgery
Just about every leukeima medication ever made
All current HIV medication
Hell, anyone remember Pavlov's dog?

Seriously, I like ya Pinky, but on the real? I'm an automation engineer who develops technology for pharmaceutical and bio companies. So I get to see up close and personal the methodology of developing medicine. And the facts are, as a programmer, I can tell you that in 2008 there is not a computer, nor a program complex enough to mimic the conditions in one biological system, let alone the human body. That statement is completely untrue. Wishful thinking.

The fact is, animal testing has declined by about 60% over the past 20 or so years. And the VAST majority of animals used in testing are rats and mice, which ironically the average person would probably set a trap for, or try to poison if it were in their home.

One last note, I also find it insanely ironic that the majority of people who are against animal testing are for stem cell research.

Not saying you are, but hey... It's just a funny observation

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:27 PM
Edited by rtaylor74 on Thu 03/06/08 10:29 PM
I drink your milkshake... I DRINK IT UP!!!

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:11 PM
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? Watch it. And my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake, I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 10:07 PM
Applesauce man... It gets in EVERYTHING!

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 09:09 PM
Edited by rtaylor74 on Thu 03/06/08 09:10 PM

sure... and i believe in the easter bunny, santa claus and democracy in the united states.

if karma were true, then i personally know a LOT of people who've figured out the secret of avoiding it.

That's because they're Satan!!devil laugh

HAHAHA laugh laugh laugh

hey... wait... all my old bosses were really satan??? huh

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 09:07 PM

Madam some people just suck, it's the way it is.. You're independent and do it all on your own which means you have to get rid of freeloaders love... Hiker, Badgirl and I will come and do it if you want... :wink: flowerforyou

hello purty lady... flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 09:06 PM

I guess worst case, we could always start using the homeless and unwanted babies?

ok, that was extreme... i know... but i couldn't NOT say it.

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 09:02 PM

find it disturbing that as far as we have come in the last 50 years, we are still testing products on animals?

So testing on humans would be better?

It's the lesser of two evils IMO.

I don't like animals being harmed, but I would rather and animal be harmed than a person.

JMO

i agree, plus i hear no arguments about the products we get from animal testing. I'm not saying it's right, but it has to be.

I'm sure the jews didnt want to build pyrimids for the egyptions, but look at the marvels we got from that.

Jews... Slavery...

Gerbils... Cancer research...

Not getting the connection....

BUT anyway, I work in the biotech field, and if not for animal trials, we'd all be spitting up blood after every meal probably. OK, maybe not that dramatic, but my point is, even though animals are cute little furry creatures in God's Woodlands, there are a lot of things that we all enjoy and benefit from through RESPONSIBLE animal testing.

Now, outfits that push the limits? Another story, but animal testing as a whole? If we got rid of it in the 1960s lets just say a lot of us wouldnt be here typing on these fancy schmancy computers. A lot of us would probably be dead already.

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 08:59 PM
Edited by rtaylor74 on Thu 03/06/08 08:59 PM
Hey... At least you're bright enough to NOT fall for it, which is more than a LOT of people (male and female) can say.

no photo
Thu 03/06/08 08:46 PM

there will be Civil War before this happens!

before or after guns are taken away?

Guns haven't made you safer flowerforyou

how do you figure?

Just a look at statistics around the world ...

Not being rude at all, believe me, i respect your opinion... but i'm still not understanding that statement. guns haven't made us safer? maybe.. possibly... but i don't think criminality and violence would decrease one iota if they were magically taken away.

furthermore, weapons inherently make us safer, if nothing else as a deterrent. the idea of world peace is a pipe dream until something drastic in human evolution takes place. and i know for a fact, that living in a particular neighborhood in philly once upon a time, that it was a known fact that i owned a licensed and legal weapon.

interestingly enough, just about every home in my area was burglarized but mine. coinky dink? maybe... but doubtful