Community > Posts By > BizarreKelley

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 12:16 PM
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, by Mark Haddon. It's a murder mystery, sortof, told from the perspective of an autistic teenager.

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 12:04 PM

Have you seen 27 Dresses?

Nope. Looked kinda cute. Maybe. They haven't made a decient comedy in years. I'm very fed up with what hollywood has been doing to the romantic comedy.

I was really hoping Mama Mia would be out. That one did look interesting. But not yet.

I've already seen Beowulf and Sweeny Todd twice.

It's actually very good. It's not a total chick flick -- all the guys I saw it with liked it, too!

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 12:01 PM
Bad grammar is a huge pet peeve of mine. I can't help it!

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 11:59 AM
Have you seen 27 Dresses?

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 11:22 AM

Which area are you pursuing the grad program in?

I'd originally wanted a PhD in psychology, but if I can find a masters degree that will let me be a therapist, that's good. The problem with some of them is that not all insurance will cover seeing an LPC, for example...which sucks.

I can understand pursuing in therapy. As far as the insurance issue, are you afraid that this will reduce the clients that you can aid?

Pretty much

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 11:21 AM

I'll just have a salad!!laugh laugh laugh

I agree with you!!

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 11:09 AM
Maybe this is part of the reason I'm still single, but I don't understand why people have to have rules about how long they wait before they call someone, or they refuse to call someone after a date -- all because of pride? Is it a *bad* thing to be interested and want to talk to someone after you've gone out with them? Shouldn't the beginning of a relationship be one of those times that you are the least prideful? I'm not saying that you lay your heart on the line and confess undying love to someone after you've gone out with them once or twice, but what is the harm in being equal with the person you've gone out with, and calling them? It's a phone call, for chrissake! :smile:

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 10:54 AM

Which area are you pursuing the grad program in?

I'd originally wanted a PhD in psychology, but if I can find a masters degree that will let me be a therapist, that's good. The problem with some of them is that not all insurance will cover seeing an LPC, for example...which sucks.

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 10:48 AM

Aah, well congratulations!
If I ever get my ass in gear. I'm a social worker now, and will have to go back to grad school for quite a while before I can be licensed to practice..

From what I have heard, grad school is not a cheap affair either! I wish you luck in pursuing! I know I will have to teach for awhile before I afford it!

Yes, it is expensive :( Thanks!! I will figure something out.

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 10:43 AM
Aah, well congratulations!
If I ever get my ass in gear. I'm a social worker now, and will have to go back to grad school for quite a while before I can be licensed to practice..

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 10:40 AM
So you're an elementary school teacher?

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 10:38 AM
psychology, you?

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 10:34 AM
College grad here

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 10:11 AM
Why shouldn't you call a guy back?

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 01/20/08 10:11 AM
If you've already called them once, and they didn't call back, then let them go and keep looking. If there's been no attempt at contact, I think it's probably okay for you to try calling them. But just once, and if they don't answer, or don't call you back, then forget them -- they must not have appreciated you!

BizarreKelley's photo
Sat 01/19/08 09:57 PM
Well, it's possible that there are qualities you have that are turn-ons for him, and others that are turn-offs (it's unlikely that anybody ever perfectly meets another's turn-ons). So you probably do have some qualities that he thinks are turn-offs, but he likes/loves you because your turn-ons outweigh the turn-offs. It's also possible that maybe you're being unrealistic in the way you see yourself? And maybe you're being too hard on yourself!

BizarreKelley's photo
Sat 01/19/08 09:54 PM
I will try it if I ever see it

BizarreKelley's photo
Sat 01/19/08 09:51 PM
Sometimes I am!

BizarreKelley's photo
Sat 01/19/08 09:51 PM
I've never heard of that!

BizarreKelley's photo
Sat 01/19/08 09:49 PM
I do not have a siamese twin!