Community > Posts By > mssilverfox

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 07/19/14 05:53 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Sat 07/19/14 05:54 AM
Morning mingle friends..bigsmile Light rain this morning and a little warmer than its been. Although the pool water was warm, you really had to dry off quickly the last few days as the humidity was way down and it was breezy..lol

Just wanted to remind all of you that when you are traveling watch out for the overpasses.. The day before I went to Pennsylvania, a local teacher, her husband and daughter were traveling on I-80 thru PA and headed for NY. The daughter was driving and as they came to an overpass 4 kids were on it and threw a hunk of concrete at the car. It hit the windshield and hit the teacher in the face. Can you even imagine? The daughter was driving and able to get the car off the road and husband saw everything from the back seat. The lady has been in critical condition ever since and still not sure if she will make it. How horrible. This could have been me..I travel that same road going to my daughters...

On my trip to Pa., I got into a 15 mile backup. There was a semi fire and the road had been closed for some time.. We were driving 5 mph for 15 miles... Needless to say it was a long trip.

Have a great weekend everyone!

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 07/11/14 04:57 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Fri 07/11/14 05:01 AM
Morning minglers! Ese, your bike is very similar to mine. It was a 2009 Sportster 1200 pearly white with silver stripe, and it was so powerful and fast! I really miss it.
I'm headed to Pennsylvania for a few days to visit my daughter. Weather is supposed to be nice, hopefully traffic won't be too bad.
Everyone have a great weekend and I'll talk to you all when I get back. waving

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 07/07/14 05:17 AM
Morning Viv and Mingle friends waving

Had a great weekend, the temps were around 75 with low humidity, breezy. The pool water was warm but when you got out you needed to dry off right now or freeze. LOL Sat on the pool deck and watched fireworks all around the area..bigsmile

Have a good day!

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 06/29/14 04:43 AM
Morning minglers..waving We're having a big family get together today and I have been sooo busy. I made 20lbs of potatoe salad and lots of brownies yesterday. I'm getting too old to do all this work...LOL I need a vacation! Hope you all have a great day!

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 06/25/14 04:43 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Wed 06/25/14 04:44 AM
Morning everyone..bigsmile

We've been having some tremendous storms the past week, with LOTS of heavy rain. Flooding and warnings out all over the area.

Going to a Youth Center reunion on Friday night.. It's where we used to hang out in high school and dance, play pool, etc...They will be closing the street that runs in front of the building, have eats, drinks and a disc jockey.. Had a great turnout last year so expecting to see many old friends and have lots of fun!

My brother and his wife came in from Idaho yesterday for his reunion.
Sunday we're having a family get together...busy week.

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 06/23/14 06:38 AM
Good morning everybody! Well, its been a week since anyone posted, must be summer and everyone is busy..LOL

Have a great week! bigsmile

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 06/23/14 06:28 AM
Morning everyone, Had a protein drink with almond milk, almonds, banana and raspberries.. yummy!

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 06/23/14 06:18 AM
Nice to see you again Totage...Are you still in NE Ohio?

pkh..Glad to hear therapy is going well..remember to take it one day at a time and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it...flowerforyou

Congrats to Realcarebear! flowerforyou

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 06/23/14 06:11 AM
Waiting for my first great grandchild in December. Also will be a great aunt again in October.. Babies, babies everywhere!! LOL

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 06/18/14 03:54 AM
Morning minglers, Looking like rain this morning, hoping it holds off until I get back from my dr appointment in Akron (about 50 miles). I did well on the garage sale, most of it is cleaned up and leftovers loaded in my car headed to the Salvation Army. YEA! Hope you all have a great day!

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 06/14/14 04:20 AM

Good luck with your sale....i would stop by but its a bit of a drive...have a good weekend.:wink:

Thanks Bentkat51, Yes, Denver is a ways...lol I have a daughter that lives in Golden..

Morning everyone happy Another nice day today, slightly cooler. Made some money yesterday at my sale, hopefully today will be the same. lol

Have a great day!

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 06/13/14 04:43 AM
Morning minglers..waving

It's garage sale day and I'm sooo sore and tired already. If I make it thru the next 2 days it will be a miracle...LOL I will definitely be ready for a vacation soon..bigsmile

Wishing all the fathers on here a Happy Fathers Day! Hope you all have a great weekend with your children...hugs

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 06/13/14 04:34 AM
My thoughts and prayers be with you thru this time and wishes for a speedy recovery! hugs

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 06/10/14 04:58 AM
Good morning Mingle friends..:smile:

Looking like rain this morning. I have to make a trip to the hospital lab for bloodwork. Have a couple of dr checkups next week.

Almost ready for my garage sale this weekend. FINALLY ! LOL It's been a work in progress for some time now, so hard to part with favorite things but time to let go. The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend. Yea!

Hope you all have a great day!

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 06/04/14 04:32 AM
Good luck and a speedy recovery..flowerforyou

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 06/02/14 06:14 AM
Good morning Mingle friends flowerforyou HI to the newbies!

Summer is here also Vivian, been in the 80's for a few days, the pool is open and I've been in several times already. Maybe some rain today but we can use that.

The garage is FINALLY cleaned out. All I have to do now is price everything for the garage sale and I'm ready to go! My car won't know how to act, being inside next winter..LOL

As you all know I had some emergency dental surgery about 6 weeks ago, that is doing good but it cost me a LOT of money.. Last week I had to take my cat to the vet. Seems like he has a high thyroid and a liver infection. They had to sedate him (he's a feisty one)and gave me medication. Not able to get the meds down so they are having a pharmacist make an ointment to put in his ear..So far it's cost me $350. Not sure what the ointment will be.. Between the two drs visits, I am poor again. :cry: LOL

Hope you all have a beautiful day! waving

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 06/02/14 05:55 AM

What do you believe about smudging? Does it really get rid of negative energy?

I have absolutely no idea what this means.
Yes I know I could have googled it but that's cheating, can someone please explain, then as usual, I will give my humble opinion.

it's an American thing, from the natives...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smudge_stick

I have a native american friend from Montana who is a Shaman(www.Heyoka-art.com). He also makes high end jewelry (made a headpiece for Cher that she wore in a movie), bronze figurines prayer boxes and has written several books. He also teaches the young n/a the art of ceremonial dance. He always smudges all the pieces that make up a piece of jewelry and taught me how to do that. I always had good luck in selling my jewelry so hopefully that helped. After going thru a lot of rough times in my life and losing my husband and mom, I decided to keep as many negative people and things out of my life as possible. My life has been so much better, not as much stress..
I always use the white sage when smudging, love the smell..

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 05/18/14 07:03 AM
Morning Minglers, flowerforyou

My youngest daughter was here yesterday (with her hubby)from PA. Jeff went to an archery tournament so my 2 daughters, Cheryl and Debbie and I went to Amish country shopping and had lunch. Had a great time! Last evening we went to a birthday party for my oldest grandson, Anthony, who is 24 today. After we sang Happy Birthday, we got wonderful news. Anthony and Melissa are having a baby.. I'm going to be a GREAT GRANDMA!!! I'm sooo excited!

Going to be a beautiful day today although a little chilly, frost was predicted for last night and again tonight.

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe day!

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 05/16/14 04:54 AM
Don, You have a computer or phone in the shower? lol

Morning everyone bigsmile Well, the weather took a big drop in tempature, only 45 this morning, down to 38 tonight. Of course, they just opened our pool so I am sure it will snow! LOL And we've had a lot of tornado weather this week, lucky that none touched down here but a lot in the state.

My youngest daughter and her hubby are coming in on Fri. night from PA. Jeff is participating in an archery tournament on Sat. about 50 miles from here and the girls (myself and two daughters) are going to Amish country to shop for the day..

Haven't been able to finish in the garage as the weather has been wet and chilly. Guess it's not going anywhere...lol

Have a good day everyone!

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 05/13/14 03:32 AM
Morning Carol, I'll join you but I don't drink coffee..Up too early, the darn cat won't let me sleep..LOL

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25