Community > Posts By > mssilverfox

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 11/26/14 04:47 AM
Morning minglers...flowerforyou

We had a couple of nice days over the weekend, in the high 50's. Otherwise it's been very, very cold. Already had my Christmas lights up and finished the rest of the decorations on Sunday, was outside without a jacket. happy Maybe a little snow for Thanksgiving.

Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 11/15/14 06:43 AM
Morning Jeff and minglers... It's very cold here this morning, 16, but the sun is shining.. Maybe reaching 38 today. We have had some heavy snow flurries but nothing that has stayed on the ground.
I've been very busy scrubbing carpets, cleaning and organizing my closets and cabinets. Trying to get ready to paint my living room. My son will be bringing me a load of wood today, it will go in the garage. Yes, I can now put my car in the garage and still have room for the wood. LOL Also will be putting together a 5 shelf bookcase later.
Hope you all have a great weekend! Stay warm!

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 11/12/14 05:19 AM

Everything & anything, has to start with conversation, then friendship & trust. We are old enough, should be intelligent/experienced enough, to make our further choices with care. Determine the paths we choose to take & use our brain to determine EXACTLY what RISKS we want to take.

After that; treat others as YOU WANT TO BE TREATED!

Opinion of Old Sage

Agree with all of the above! At my age, marriage is not my top priority but someone to spend quality time with, do things with, share good and bad times. There are certain places that I just won't go alone and feel I miss out on a lot.

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 11/12/14 05:14 AM
My daily protein drink.. This one was almond milk, almonds, banana, strawberries, protein powder
and coconut water..

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 10/29/14 05:41 AM
I shop online a lot. I'm older and getting so I hate the crowds, also saves on gas. I've shopped on Amazon, Ebay(a lot), dept stores. I try to shop the sales as they will offer free shipping sometimes. Good luck..

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 10/27/14 05:38 AM

I know crazy isn't it snow.. those big fat wet flakes to... and i don't turn my lights on now... but I took down, all the old strings of Christmas lights.. And put brand new ones up... not only that.. but I managed to get them all running off of one outlet.. so excited....
.. I hate it when I have to.. have the house Christmas lights on one outlet... and the fence and landscaping Christmas lights on another outlet... but this year!!. I managed and figured out how to run them all off of one outlet.... putting up Christmas lights ,can be very daunting... if you don't have a plan..lol

I used to decorate my whole house, trees and yard but moved to an apartment after my husband died. Living in a garage apt. I don't have any yard, trees or bushes. I do have a porch roof over my front door( which opens on to the wooden pool deck) so I string lights there, around the door and big picture window. My neighbors (4) live opposite me on the other side of the pool.. They love looking at the lights and other decorations. Although I am 72, I still enjoy decorating for Christmas.. I now get out on a nice Oct fall day and put up my lights, do not turn them on until the day after Thanksgiving..

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 10/18/14 05:40 AM
Good morning minglers..flowerforyou

Looking like a nice fall day. Hope you all have a great weekend!! waving

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 10/11/14 07:50 AM
Morning Jeff and minglers..flowerforyou

Going to be a beautiful day, sun is shining, a nice cool fall day, high of maybe 70.. leaves are changing color, beautiful!

Have a great weekend!

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 10/11/14 07:47 AM
PS... Use common sense when traveling alone. I'm always off the road before dark, aware of my surroundings when stopping (for gas, scenic views, etc.) and call (family member or friend) every night to let them know I am ok and what my schedule is for the next day. I went to Walmart before I started, bought a small cooler, water , snacks, fruit. You never know when you might break down. I also purchased a portable battery charger (Halo) for my phone and tablet.
Travel safe and have fun!!

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 10/11/14 07:37 AM
I have never traveled alone outside of the USA but have done a lot here. In Aug. I had plans to visit friends in Colorado but after 6 days there they had a death in the family and had to leave town. I decided to stay and rented a car, visited another friend north of Denver for 2 days and then hit the road. Went north from Colorado springs to Loveland, west across the Rocky Mountain National Park, down the west side to the interstate, west to Vail and then south to Silverton and Durango, thru a small portion of northern New Mexico and worked my way back to the Colorado Springs airport where I was for a couple of days (due to my flight being cancelled because of weather in Chicago). I also did a lot of things, rode the Cog train to Pikes Peak, the zoo, rode the Sky Coaster again over Royal Gorge, rode train at Royal Gorge...I put 1465 miles on my rental in 5 days.. Needless to say I was exhausted when I finally stopped.
In 2009, I did a 6000 mile cross country road trip to northern Idaho and back alone. (my brother lives in Idaho).. I am 72 yrs old...LOL Will continue to travel as long as I have enough money and my health. Lots of beautiful country in the USA..

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 10/11/14 07:23 AM
I was up by 5am EST and sat in my car and watched the eclipse. It was very clear (and chilly) here and there were thousands of stars out. It started about 5am and lasted for about 1hr and 15 minutes. The moon didn't turn red until about 3/4 of the way thru the eclipse. I took some pic on my Canon with a 20x zoom. Haven't time to upload them, sorry.. Usually the sky is overcast here in Ohio for any of the sun, moon or star happenings. Once(back in the late 60's) I did get to see the northern lights. That was amazing!!

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 10/07/14 04:33 AM
HI Penny, I haven't been here much myself lately but just wanted to say you look amazing! Congrats on your new grandbaby, I'll be a great grandma at Xmas.. Keep up the good work...hugs

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 10/06/14 06:54 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Mon 10/06/14 06:55 AM
Good morning Jeff and other minglers...waving

Fall has arrived, the pool is closed and the air is nippy, sun is out today. It was real cold over the weekend with some rain so didn't make the pow wow. And gas is $3.00 a gal. !!! LOL

Hope you all have a great day! flowers

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 10/02/14 06:56 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Thu 10/02/14 06:58 AM

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 10/02/14 04:34 AM
Good morning Mingle people... waving

Cool and foggy this morning but high of 78 expected. Rain and cold for the weekend. Was planning to go to the Pow Wow this weekend but not going if raining.. Getting a new baby girl in the family today! bigsmile

Hope you all have a great weekend!

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 09/30/14 08:06 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Tue 09/30/14 08:11 AM
I also mourned the death of my husband and my mom (within 6 months of each other) in 2007. I then decided that I would keep as much negativity out of my life as possible (it's worked wonders) and I downsized from a 3 bedroom house to an apartment. I love it! Now I spend a lot of time with family and friends and travel as much as my money allows. Getting my first great grandchild (girl)for Christmas..life is good!

I recently spent 2 weeks in Colorado, 6 days with friends, 8 days on the road by myself putting 1460 miles on my rental car in 5 days..saw a lot, did a lot, had a great time!

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 09/17/14 05:37 AM

I want a woman to be a life partner... I now do all my own cleaning.. dishes... cooking.. clothing repair.. all of it!
A woman can help with those things when I am fixing the plumbing, installing an additional electrical plug for her, or fixing her car or motorcycle.. its a partnership...
You take her with you when she would like to go to the hardware store.. she is welcome to join you when you meet the guys at the local pub to watch a football game...
She will help you pack your saddle bags for the motorcycle trip you take together to ... where you like to go.. then where she likes to go..
If you don't share your life experiences with her, and have her share hers with you... then your missing what a true relationship is all about.. Love her, and respect her.. show her you care every day with her. Make sure you have her respect by earning it... never sell your integrity because it's like virginity.. once it's gone.. it's gone forever...
If you treat her right... like a queen.. she will treat you like a king... That is all I want.. I want it all..

Great post! I have always said that "I am willing to share what I have with the right man"..
Yes.. I will provide her with a home... I will provide her with a car, and whatever she wants because a man builds a house, and a woman makes it a home...
I am not intimidated by frilly curtains, pink pastel paint in the bathroom, or fuzzy slippers... I know my manhood can survive this and much more...
I want a woman I can love, who I can trust, and who will love, respect and trust me.. is that too much to ask?

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 09/17/14 05:23 AM
Our whole family used to go to Cedar Point (in NW Ohio) for 3 days every summer. They have some of the biggest and fastest roller coasters in the country. They were my favorite rides!

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 09/11/14 06:47 AM
Mornning everyone flowerforyou

Weather is cooling off a little (60 this morning). Going to be a rainy day..I fear that fall is around the corner..bigsmile

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 09/09/14 06:28 PM
Welcome to Mingle2...Hanging out in the forums is a good way for people to get to know you... Good luck!

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25