Community > Posts By > Susan

no photo
Sun 09/01/19 12:47 PM
Hi Blrguy,
I see you inquired about the thought-process behind some of my beliefs.

It would take too long to go into.
But if you were truly interested, you could start by finding out about Buddhism.

I am not a Buddhist, but many of their beliefs align with mine, also you could possibly look up Ascension on New Age Sites, all kinds of things really led me to my beliefs.

If you were just saying it as in, "How could anyone think this?", well I can't help you there.

Hi Mikey, I do not think it is hypocritical, what so ever, to go to Funeral services for the deceased, if one is not religious.

It is a way of showing respect for the deceased, as well as giving comfort and support to the deceased loved ones.

no photo
Sat 08/31/19 04:53 PM
Edited by Susan on Sat 08/31/19 05:01 PM
R2d2,
I am very sorry you had to endure the suffering of being abused as a child.
It takes alot of courage to speak about it.

I tried to be hypnotized twice, once to quit smoking and once for past-life regression/recall. I was not able to be hypnotized either time.

I am not familiar with your previous posts. I think you stated you are sometimes afraid people have hypnotized you in the past without your knowledge or consent.

I know you questioned why you didn't move during the abuse. It is a very normal reaction to go into shock during those times,to compartmentalize and separate yourself,existing only in your mind, as a way of survival and protection for the psyche.

Have you ever thought also, that you could have been drugged?

I have found in my own experiences with trauma, caused tremendous free-floating anxiety that I would feel all the time.

I know when a person exists in a state of fear for a long time, that fear can sometimes expand and encroach into areas that it normally wouldn't.

This anxiety from the trauma, even if you think you have overcome it, will keep manifesting in different ways until you really overcome the trauma.

Some ways this fear could manifest is thinking people can read your mind or maybe hypnotize you.

I have learned in therapy, that the mind will try to create a reason for the fear or anxiety one feels, to give it a reason for the fear. For me, it would come up as panic attacks-for so many things. Addressing what really happened and how it effected me has helped me with free-floating anxiety.

That may not be the case with you. It was just a thought and my experience.

I don't know much about hypnotism. I don't know if it can be done to someone without their knowledge or consent. I believe it would be highly immoral and wrong to do that.

no photo
Sat 08/31/19 01:04 PM
My boyfriend told me I am beautiful and that he loves me.

no photo
Sat 08/31/19 12:39 PM
Hi Nike Queen,
I believe the Soul is the immortal part of us, the more than just physical that remains intact, lifetime after lifetime.

I believe it is the cumulative aspect of us, all the knowledge,skills and ability to love that is further enhanced and expanded after each experience.

It is the true us, not confined by physicality.
It is the part of us that is connected to what some call God, or some say connected to the Monad, which is in turn connected to Higher Monads,etc. It is the part that knows right from wrong, the capacity to experience love, the source of creativity,the part of us that exists in different dimensions.
Those are just some of the things I think the Soul is.

no photo
Sat 08/31/19 10:03 AM
Hi Cajun,
Without going into details, I was also diagnosed with PTSD.
Yes, it has effected my relationships, and for a long time, I was plagued with severe panic attacks and depression because of it.
The only advice I can give is to be gentle with yourself and to keep trying. Many years of therapy, truly loving and supportive people in my life, forgiveness of self and others and the courage to keep pushing through is what helped me.

It is very hard to open yourself up again to others, but so very worth it.
I have learned to be very selective in my life about who I surround myself with and especially in a love relationship.

I know it's really hard when you have PTSD, but keep reaching out. Find someone professional that can help you work through it. If that is not possible or not your choice, try to find trusted people in your life that you can talk to about how you are feeling.

Sometimes go through issues brought up by this, the impulse is to draw away. That's what I did. I found that talking about it and my feelings helped and still helps me to deal with things.

I just want to let you know, there is hope. Things can get better, and you can heal, at least somewhat.

There is hope for love again too. I recently broke up with my boyfriend due to the intense love being such a trigger for me. We just got back together again. He loves me unconditionally and is accepting of me as I go thru the process of integrating our relationship and being this close.

PTSD effects each differently and the causes of it vary from person to person, but it definitely effects your ability to feel safe with and to trust another person.

I have found it challenging, but progress can be made. I hope it gets easier for you.

no photo
Sat 08/31/19 07:11 AM
It's kind of hard to tell in this picture. I would say in your forties.

no photo
Sat 08/31/19 07:06 AM
I just want to say I like the way Blondey111 handled herself.
Although you responded to her comments very dismissively, I thought she made some excellent points.

Hi Jaish, You are far from a simple, naive Indian guy lol. :slight_smile:

no photo
Sat 08/31/19 06:40 AM
We have free book exchanges here too, in hospitals and libraries.
Usually if I see someone with books on the lawn or driveway, it is for a tag sale.
I think book exchanges are a great idea.

no photo
Sat 08/31/19 06:35 AM
:smile:

no photo
Thu 08/29/19 01:42 PM
I like the sound of most instruments.
I really love the guitar and harp.

no photo
Thu 08/29/19 07:35 AM
Hi Everyone,
Crystal,
That's amazing that you are from the Netherlands. Are you from there originally? Is Dutch your primary/first language?

Another Beautiful day here. Blue skies and sunny. Should be in the 70''sF again.

no photo
Thu 08/29/19 06:56 AM
Edited by Susan on Thu 08/29/19 06:57 AM
Hi Salman,
You look handsome in your picture.
It would be helpful to you if you answer more of the questions in your profile.
In your All About Me: section, you state you are nothing special.
First, I'm sure that's not true.
2ndly, that's no way to advertise yourself, if you're trying to find dates.
You are something special, of course. We all have unique things about us that can be considered special. I'm sure you could think of some things if you try.
Good luck and Welcome.

no photo
Thu 08/29/19 06:38 AM
Clever joke. Funny comments :slight_smile:

no photo
Wed 08/28/19 07:14 AM
Hi Everybody
I didn't check the weather for today,but it feels like it's going to be warmer today.
It is 10am and already 70F. Feels like it may be a little hazy too.

Hi Crystal :slight_smile:,
Where exactly do you live? I am a little confused. I thought you lived in England. That you had travelled a lot and lived in different places, but that you were English and lived there.
But then you said Mikey was lucky, because he lived in the UK and gets more holidays and things.

I was just wondering. Where do you live?

no photo
Wed 08/28/19 07:02 AM
Hi Nightheart,
You said you already had your ears pierced, but that you finally gave in and got your lips pierced to fit in with your group.
I don't think that should be the reason. You say you are considering getting a double piece on your lips, and have your eyebrows done, and are requesting feedback of yes or no for more.

I think you look good now. It all depends on your goals right now.
I like eyebrow piercings. I do not like lip-piercing. Not because it doesn't look good. I just feel like it could tear so easily.

If you got an eyebrow piercing, once it has set, I guess you could take it out for work sometimes.

So, I say yes to the eyebrow piercings, and no to another lip piercing.

Good luck in your decision
I hope you do what's right for you.

no photo
Tue 08/27/19 05:38 AM
Hi Jaish,
I just came on this thread out of curiosity, to see what you had posted. As usual, you did not disappoint me, with your response.
The substance of the beholder will be determining factor of what they find appealing.

Darkowl, what you wrote was wonderful and refreshing, and I agree. There are so many aspects as to what makes someone beautiful, and it's important not to lose the silliness and playfulness in relationships, and also in how you view life. Very well-stated.

no photo
Tue 08/27/19 05:27 AM
Good Morning Everybody,
Looks like it will be another beautiful day here. In the 70'sF.

no photo
Tue 08/27/19 05:17 AM

I agree with the previous poster that said Iran was a rogue nation.
They are dangerous . I don't usually agree with President Trump, but I do with this. I am glad for the sanctions against Iran.

no photo
Tue 08/27/19 04:15 AM
I am up early (for me) today.

Good Morning Everyone

no photo
Mon 08/26/19 01:51 PM
Just reading the comments. You guys are gonna make me laugh again:slight_smile:.

Mikey, It got much nicer today, I think in the 70's. Thanks for asking.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 18 19