Community > Posts By > JBTHEMILKER

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Sun 12/23/07 01:33 PM
Pork, Fish, Lamb Beef. Chicken is way down at the bottom.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Sun 12/23/07 04:06 AM
Thank You, Lord, for the rest.:smile: Thank You for health.:smile: Thank You for those around me.:smile: :wink: laugh happy :tongue: flowerforyou :heart: I ask, Lord, that You help me to be as You would have me be.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Sat 12/22/07 10:32 PM
Welcome ergomischa! I see from your profile that you are on the ball.
One fact of the Catholic faith is the way they spread the faith. The Roman Catholic Church sent missionaries to all parts of the world as we are instructed to do.
Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Fri 12/21/07 04:40 PM
Friday, December 21, 2007
Today is the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year, the day when the sun stays the lowest in the sky. I have planned my trips to Alaska around the summer solstice, and have seen days when the sun never set up there. This time of year up in northern Alaska they never get the full sun. It is not a holiday, but a day I always think of how the universe was laid out and is run so flawlessly. It is an awesome wonder how the years come and go and the days get longer and shorter. Nothing man has made or will make can equal the wonder of God's creation.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Fri 12/21/07 03:06 AM
Good tidings to my friends and all who come here. Give thanks to the Lord! He hath given us another day. Use this day to bring glory to the Lord!

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Thu 12/20/07 04:06 AM
Stacking wood
I tell you! You know what I saw today? I was just pulling into the Post Office. I had two loads of cloths to wash. I thought I would put the cloths in then go see if I got any mail. As I was pulling in, a pick up pulled over into Charlie Spaulding’s wood yard. Had Vermont plates on it, Just the name BOB for a license.
Well, as I was just pulling in a barrel chested guy gets out of the pickup. He is wearing the most absurd derby hat. Looks like some thing out of a John Wayne movie. I went in and started my first load of wash going, when I came out the derby hat had been replaced with an engineers hat, he was wielding pick of some sort. When I went in the post office he was just getting going, you know when I came out of the post office after getting the mail and book of stamps, He had a cord of wood stacked, three deep and four foot high.
It was too cold to stand around out side much. You know how the wind comes across down there. Well, I went in and put the first load in the dryer and started the second, I had to come out to the car for more quarters, you know he had another cord of stove length stacked, three deep four foot high.
Well I tell you, I had two loads to wash and dry, and when I brought that laundry out to the car there were three cords standing there just as neat as a pin. He was getting back into the “BOB” pick-up and he was wearing the derby hat again. I never have seen anything like it.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/19/07 07:00 PM
I have made each of these into a nice document with some formatting to make it more readable. When I post then here, the formatting is gone. If anyone would like a more readable copy, email me. I will send you the document as I see it.
JB

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/19/07 06:57 PM

Here is just one topic in the long apologetic article that FCL posted.

Monotheistic

Christianity is monotheistic - Only one God in existence, anywhere, anytime.
See Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Isaiah 44:6,8
6. Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
7. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.
8. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isaiah 45:5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
Isaiah 45:14 Thus saith the Lord, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no God.
Isaiah 45:18, For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Isaiah 45:,22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

Isaiah 47:8 Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children:
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
1 Cor. 8:5-6
5. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6. But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Gal. 4:8-9
8. Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
9. But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Read these verses that teach monotheism.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/19/07 01:54 PM
If no one reads what I have done here, I still got much from just the exersize of gathering these verses. Thank you Our Faral Cat Lady.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/19/07 01:18 PM
Here are the 30 through 40. I see there are other verses from this same poast that I would like to haul out and post for all to meditate on.

30. Hell is eternal –
Matt. 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

31. The unsaved go to hell forever –

Rev. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

32. Salvation is a free gift of God –

Rom. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Rom. 6:23 23. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Eph. 2:8-9 8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.

33. The Bible is the Word of God –

2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

34. Jesus will return visibly to earth –

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

35. Christians will be raised from the dead when Jesus returns –

1 Thess. 4:14-17
14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

36. There will be a rapture (being caught up into the clouds with Jesus) –

1 Thess. 4:14-17
Same as above

37. There will be a final judgment –

2 Pet. 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

38. The damned will be thrown into a lake of fire –

Rev. 20:15 15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

39. Satan will be cast into the lake of fire –

Rev. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

40. There will be a new heavens and a new earth –

2 Pet. 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Rev. 21:1 20. The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/19/07 03:56 AM
Here are the first 30. I see that other verses could be added. This could be the start of a Bible study. I will try to get the other ten done tonight.

Christian Doctrine

1. There is only one God –
Isaiah 43:10; Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Isaiah 44:6,8; Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
7. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.
8. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
John 17:3; And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
1 Cor. 8:5-6; 5. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6. But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Gal. 4:8-9 8. Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
9. But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

2. God is a Trinity

2 Cor. 13:14; 14. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

1 Pet. 1:2 2. Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

3. There are no Gods before or after God –

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

4. God knows all things –

1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

5. God is all powerful –

Psalm 115:3 But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

6. God is everywhere –

Jer. 23:23,24 23. Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?
24. Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.

7. God is sovereign –

Zech. 9:14; And the Lord shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.
1 Tim. 6:15-16 15. Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of Lords;
16. Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

8. God is spirit –

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

9. God created all that exists –

Gen. 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

10. Spirit does not have a body of flesh and bones –

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

11. God has always been God –

Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

12. Jesus is God –

John 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14; And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 10:30-33 30. I and my Father are one.
31. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33. The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Col. 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Phil. 2:5-8 5. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Heb. 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

13. Jesus became a man –

Phil. 2:5-8 5. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

14. Jesus has two natures: divine and human –
Col. 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
1 Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

15. Jesus was sinless –

1 Pet. 2:22 22. Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

16. Jesus is the only way to God the Father –
John 14:6 6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Matt. 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Luke 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

17. The Holy Spirit is God –

Acts 5:3-4 3. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4. Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

18. The Holy Spirit is not a force. He is alive –

Acts 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

19. The Bible is inspired by God –

2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

20. All people have sinned –

Rom. 3:23, For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

21. Man did not evolve, he was created –

Gen. 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

22. Adam and Eve were real people –

Gen. 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
1 Tim. 2:13 . For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

23. Death entered the world because of Adam's sin –

Rom. 5:12-15 12. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13. (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15. But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

24. Sin separates us from God –

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

25. Jesus died for all our sins –

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
2 Cor. 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
1 Pet. 2:24 . Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

26. Jesus' sacrifice was a substitution, for us –

1 Pet. 2:24 . Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

27. Jesus rose from the dead in His physical body –

John 2:19-21 19. Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21. But he spake of the temple of his body.

28. Those who reject Jesus will go to Hell –

Rev. 20:11-15 11. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

29. Hell is a place of fiery punishment –

Matt. 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Rev. 19:20 20. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

30. Hell is eternal –
Matt. 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/18/07 06:55 PM
OK here is an easy one.
How many kings came to see Jesus according to the Bible?

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/18/07 06:53 PM
Deb?
Could I get you to re-do the post with all the verses? I would like to see it with all the verses right there for those of us too lazy to look them all up. If you do not re-do it, I might take the time to insert the verses and repost the thing. We will be at 50 pages in no time.
JB

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/18/07 06:44 PM
How many brothers did King David Have?

Where was the Apostle Paul from?

Answer these and there will be more. Please state the verse you found it in unless you just knew it off the top of your head.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/18/07 04:42 PM
Britty, My prayers are with you.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/18/07 02:49 AM
Can someone like Lex who has everyone in the world looking at his profile, (smart and not so smart) tell me why the # keeps going up and down, with no change in the faces I see?
I am down two this morning, but I can detect no change. Why is that? And why does the # of views not skyrocket as everyone looks at my profile?

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/17/07 02:13 PM
I truly enjoyed the part of my job at the Mission Farm, of taming stray kittens. The Mission has a city Mission plus the Farm that I was a part of. When cats would be caught at the city Mission, they would be brought out to the farm. As the keeper of all animals it fell within my job desciption to make friendly these little fur balls and claws. Then when I had them so they loved to be handled, I would put a sign up at the top of the driveway, and within hours the kittens would have a new home. I guess I tamed six or seven kittens while I was at the Mission Farm. Each one found a new home. The males I could neuter myself, the females I had to take to the vets to be fixed. Taming kittens to give them new homes is one of those jobs that is very easy to love.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/17/07 03:01 AM
Edited by JBTHEMILKER on Mon 12/17/07 03:03 AM
I have a question. ????
I know this is a forum of people looking to find someone. We all have our advertisements for ourselves on this site saying that we are looking. I think most of us are here for similar reasons as myself. (Correct me if I am in error on this) We have been married, failed, and are now looking to try again. Can I ask a question? Is it right for people such as myself to seek out a new mate?
What does the Bible, the King James Bible, the Word of God advise us?
These are the words of Jesus.
Matthew 5: 31. It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32. But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
When the Pharisees confronted Jesus about marriage and divorce, this is what He had to say.
Matthew 19:3. The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4. And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5. And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6. Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7. They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8. He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
9. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
10. His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
11. But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
12. For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Mark in his gospel also recounts what the Lord had to say about marriage and divorce.
Mark 10
1. And he arose from thence, and cometh into the coasts of Judaea by the farther side of Jordan: and the people resort unto him again; and, as he was wont, he taught them again.
2. And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.
3. And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?
4. And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.
5. And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
6. But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
7. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
8. And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
9. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
10. And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter.
11. And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
12. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
In the Gospel of Luke:
Luke 16:
14. And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
15. And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
16. The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
17. And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
18. Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Paul in his first epistle to the church at Corinth said this:
1 Corinthians 7
1. Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
3. Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
4. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
5. Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
6. But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.
This entire seventh chapter of the first epistle to the Corinthians is worth a study.
24. Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.
25. Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.
26. I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say, that it is good for a man so to be.
27. Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.
39. The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
These verses were rattling around in my head today as I was painting. I knew I had set about to find a new mate. There is a part of me that feels doing this is not right. There is another list of verses I could come up with that tell us to find a help meet and to treat her as we treat our own bodies.
Ephesians 5
28. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30. For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
33. Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
I would be interested in what other God fearing mate seekers think about this.
Lord, give me wisdom to know what is right.
JB

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/17/07 02:38 AM
So it was not just me?

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/17/07 02:33 AM
Today is Monday, a day of toil and travail. We were spared the big snows. We got a bit of ice. For the most part we only got rain. Now it is off to another week of work, work at a job where I feel I do a very poor job. I ask for prayer that the Lord might open doors for me that I might find some more meaningful work, that I might be able to serve in some way. I have little to offer, but I give my all and all. I give myself as a living sacrifice as it is right so to do.
The reverend Carl Black went home yesterday to be with his Father. I pray for the Mission and for his family. Carl was a mentor to me. I look forward to seeing him again.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 14 15