Community > Posts By > JBTHEMILKER

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/31/07 09:25 AM
Did Louie the opposum go to Vegas?

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Sun 12/30/07 12:00 PM
I got someone who I know who makes a nice hot bowl of suop.
(then she eats it all)

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Sun 12/30/07 11:47 AM
It sure is!

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Sun 12/30/07 11:23 AM
I happened to mention that coffee was not mentioned in the Bible. This was what I got in exchange. She hit me when I was not looking. I fell for it hook line and sinker.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Sat 12/29/07 05:46 PM
Very good!
What was David's fathers name, and where was he from?

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Sat 12/29/07 05:02 PM
I love it!
I ask the questions and they get answered right out of the Bible.
What are the two great commandments on witch hang all the law and the profits?

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Sat 12/29/07 02:45 PM
The measurement questions still go unanswered, but here is a new question, perhaps this will get an answer.
What was the name of the man who carried the cross for Jesus? And where was he from?

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Fri 12/28/07 05:22 PM
Gold star for Eljay:smile:

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Fri 12/28/07 04:08 PM
How long is a messuring reed?

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Fri 12/28/07 04:08 PM
Yes yes and yes. You have done well.
Now... how much in today's standard mesuremnets is a bath? Then how much is a homer?
How much is a shekel worth?
How much is an ephah?
These are questions that came to me as I read Ezekiel.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Thu 12/27/07 04:03 AM
Britty, You come up some very good things.
Bry, isn't it wonderful how we are blessed?
Debbie, give louie a hug for me.
Thank you Lord for this day, I ask only that You use me well.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/26/07 03:45 AM
Romans 8
35. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36. As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/26/07 03:34 AM
Britty said

That has to be a difficult personal question for every Christian who earnestly wants to do God's will.

My husband died, however I feel confident that there are sometimes unavoidable reasons for divorce and although God does not like divorce his mercy is greater than the law.

That being said:

Paul letter to the Galatians points out that legalism is anything that causes us to think that we must do certain things put ourselves in a right relationship with God. We do not have to be bound by that type of thinking; Christ makes us right with God. (Gal. 5:1).

Many of us suffer the weight of guilt and shame over past sin. As a result we attempt to live perfect lives. When things go bad we scramble to discover the sin in our lives that caused God to withhold blessing. This is bondage.

We need to strive to be godly (God-honoring), but godliness isn't the elimination of sin in our lives; godliness is how we deal with the sin in our lives.

Biblical reasons for divorce:

Adultery: Matt 19:9 -

Abandonment: 1 Cor 7:15 - to me that does not just mean a spouse that physically leaves the home.

I believe if one spouse is Christian and as acted as an unbeliever; in that they have broken their covenant with their spouse that is abandonment, and if reconciliation is not therefore possible, the other party is free to remarry.

If the spouse left without a biblical reason the other spouse is free to remarry

If the spouse has died you are free to remarry
==================================

Romans 8:35-39 reminds us that nothing can separate us from the love of God.

===================================

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/26/07 03:32 AM
Edited by JBTHEMILKER on Wed 12/26/07 03:35 AM
JB said

I know this is a forum of people looking to find someone. We all have our advertisements for ourselves on this site saying that we are looking. I think most of us are here for similar reasons as myself. (Correct me if I am in error on this) We have been married, failed, and are now looking to try again. Can I ask a question?happy Is it right for people such as myself to seek out a new mate? :heart:
What does the Bible, the King James Bible, the Word of God advise us?
These are the words of Jesus.
Matthew 5: 31. It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32. But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
When the Pharisees confronted Jesus about marriage and divorce, this is what He had to say.
Matthew 19:3. The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4. And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5. And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6. Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7. They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8. He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
9. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
10. His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
11. But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
12. For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Mark in his gospel also recounts what the Lord had to say about marriage and divorce.
Mark 10
1. And he arose from thence, and cometh into the coasts of Judaea by the farther side of Jordan: and the people resort unto him again; and, as he was wont, he taught them again.
2. And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.
3. And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?
4. And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.
5. And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
6. But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
7. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
8. And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
9. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
10. And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter.
11. And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
12. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
In the Gospel of Luke:
Luke 16:
14. And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
15. And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
16. The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
17. And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
18. Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Paul in his first epistle to the church at Corinth said this:
1 Corinthians 7
1. Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
3. Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
4. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
5. Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
6. But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.
This entire seventh chapter of the first epistle to the Corinthians is worth a study.
24. Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.
25. Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.
26. I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say, that it is good for a man so to be.
27. Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.
39. The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
These verses were rattling around in my head today as I was painting. I knew I had set about to find a new mate. There is a part of me that feels doing this is not right. There is another list of verses I could come up with that tell us to find a help meet and to treat her as we treat our own bodies.
Ephesians 5
28. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30. For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
33. Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
I would be interested in what other God fearing mate seekers think about this.
Lord, give me wisdom to know what is right.
JB:smile:

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/25/07 10:22 AM
There are no records of Joseph speaking in the Christmas story.

Answer: T

The wise men were three kings from the orient.

Answer: F

The little drummer boy came to the manger after the other shepherds.

The star did not appear above the manger.

Answer: In the east

Jesus' ancestors include a prostitute, an adulterer, people who committed incest, and two non-Israelites.

The angel Gabriel appeared to Mary first and then Gabriel appeared to Joseph.

Mary rode a donkey from Nazareth to Bethlehem.

Joseph and Mary went to Bethlehem because of a decree by Caesar Augustus.

Answer: To pay their taxes

The wise men followed the star as it moved from their eastern land to Israel.

The wise men did not arrive on the night of Jesus' birth.

Answer: It would appear so

God sent a choir of chubby angels to announce Jesus' birth to the shepherds.

Answer: A star

Shepherding was considered a very noble occupation.

Both Joseph and Mary were told that the baby was to be named "Jesus."

When Herod heard about Jesus he was the only one concerned about this new king.

The wise men found Jesus lying in a manger in the town of Bethlehem.

Answer: F In a house

After the angels announcement the shepherds went straight to Bethlehem to see Jesus.

Joseph married Mary immediately after the angel appeared to him.

Some of the shepherds doubted and refused to believe the message they heard from the angels.

Love you all and Many Blessings on this most special day.

Happy Birthday sweet Jesus
How did I do without peeking in my Bible?

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/25/07 04:21 AM
Good tidings on the day of our Savior's birth!

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/24/07 11:46 AM
My Oh My! Britty is all dressed up!

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/24/07 05:56 AM
The high point of last night’s service was when Steve, our best male singer got up and sang Mary did you know? I had said when I read your post, that I would like to hear is sung.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/24/07 05:53 AM
Edited by JBTHEMILKER on Mon 12/24/07 05:53 AM
Britty,
Get in the car! I will take you up to your former church for the service tonight. We can eat the pie on the way.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/24/07 04:03 AM
Edited by JBTHEMILKER on Mon 12/24/07 04:04 AM
It is the day before Christmas. Tonight will be Christmas Eve. Because the holy day falls on a Tuesday, many are taking a very long weekend from work.
In large part the festival of Christmas has left behind the reason for celebrating and has gone on to celebrate for the sake of calibration. Most of us will be told it is a time to gather together with family and loved ones. That is not really what Christmas is all about. Christmas is a calibration of the birth of Christ, or that used to be the reason for the season. Even those of us who now find ourselves alone on the holidays have reason to celebrate. God sent His only begotten Son so that whoever would believe on Him would have everlasting life. This applies as much to those of us who find we have no one to celebrate with as those who still have intact families.
I hope all the single people, people without anyone to celebrate with, have a merry Christmas.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 14 15