Community > Posts By > Aoide

no photo
Wed 06/01/11 02:24 PM

Is it a bad thing to demand that someone you date meet the requirements of being able to cook and clean?

It's a bad thing to demand.

How would you react to your date's "demands" on you, if, heaven forbid, they were on the same high horse as you?
Focus on what's on offer and offer yourself, all this domestic stuff ought to come later. Much much later.

no photo
Wed 06/01/11 02:18 PM

So i took my woman out to a bowling alley lounge,we had fries and a hot dog.i had on my baby blue collar button up to the neck shirt on,along with my grey parachute pants and baby blue Nike shoes,so you know i was lookin good.i also had The Rose by Bette Midler on the jukebox playin,ya know to set the mood.All of a sudden this guy with tats and a van dyke came up to my woman and said "hey babe lets hop on my Harley and go somewhere,we'll leave this stiff to himself."

i was appalled,if i didn't have my nice shirt on i would have punched him in the nose,really hard.well she left with him...i really don't get why women go for the bad guys or jerks it just doesn't make sense,i'm a nice guy.what did i do wrong.

Parachute pants - seriously?? Move with the times, man, move with the times or you'll get left behind...

no photo
Wed 06/01/11 02:14 PM
The only thing I really truly hate with unsurpassed passion is: celery. It's vile, it's disgusting, it should be banned from the planet.

no photo
Wed 06/01/11 02:13 PM

But I dont know what it wears.laugh laugh laugh laugh

What would you change if you could???what

I'd adjust gravity to a graceful floaty kind of level. You know, like the guys on the moon, minus the stupid suits and far more elegant.

no photo
Sun 05/29/11 05:10 PM

What do you do ladies with the men who react badly when you are trying to be careful when first meeting or dating them?

Personally, I let it go. I figure if he cannot understand that it isn't personal when I am careful in the beginning then that signifies later problems.

What do you do?

They are obviously afraid of being rejected. A friendly explanation why you'd like to do things slowly and want to exchange emails or go on Skype first should tell them that you're still interested, but make sure you communicate this. If they need more reassurance and keep pushing for a meeting regardless, well, then I guess they know they're not interesting enough.
Bad reactions get ignored by me, that's the beauty of the internet, there are DELETE buttons and I'm not afraid to use them. :wink:

I like what you said there, it makes me feel alot better. I always want to email for awhile first, than talk on the phone, than meet them. Guys always make me feel like im taking too much time doing it this way. And now, you just helped me realize, that its ok to take it one step at a time.
Thanks.flowerforyou

Oh lovely, glad I could help! flowerforyou
There are a lot of people out there who assume that we must all be desperate, because we're trying to find a date online. They think we're easy prey and no effort is necessary cos we're gagging for it anyway. Well, either they realise their mistake quickly, or they end up getting ignored. :wink:

no photo
Sun 05/29/11 03:03 PM

Why do ladies date other ladies when their hetero relations fail?

Someone please fill me in.

They do??
I've never met anyone who switched just because of a disappointment; if it happens I'm sure there are other reasons behind it. Neither my heterosexual friends went for same sex partners, nor did my homosexual friends suddenly become straight.

no photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:57 PM

how good are you at reading/recognizing body language?

i misinterpret it more than i'd like to admit unless it's obvious

Pretty good. But I don't just go by body language, I'm also an intense listener. Also watch for the things that aren't being said, it sometimes tells you more about the other person than anything else.

no photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:52 PM

What do you do ladies with the men who react badly when you are trying to be careful when first meeting or dating them?

Personally, I let it go. I figure if he cannot understand that it isn't personal when I am careful in the beginning then that signifies later problems.

What do you do?

They are obviously afraid of being rejected. A friendly explanation why you'd like to do things slowly and want to exchange emails or go on Skype first should tell them that you're still interested, but make sure you communicate this. If they need more reassurance and keep pushing for a meeting regardless, well, then I guess they know they're not interesting enough.
Bad reactions get ignored by me, that's the beauty of the internet, there are DELETE buttons and I'm not afraid to use them. :wink:

no photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:40 PM

Can someone please tell me why I continue to get requests from very young guys?!! I KNOW I don't so young and I even put my age out there! I'm 41 yrs old and turn 42 on Mother's Day.

Can't blame them, you're looking good!! :wink: It just shows that they have good taste, don't overanalyse it too much! flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:37 PM

I am so sure that if people watched more reality tv they would realize that I am a very down to earth NORMAL person...But because people spent so much time online now...they think everyone is crazy....

I dont dare compare myself to half these people on tv. . . or even Tom Cruise and other actors/Charlie Sheen for example....Im not even close to being bizarre....Opinionated perhaps but Fun, very FUN!

How sure are you really?? And why??

no photo
Fri 05/27/11 03:49 PM

I've heard tell it is in his kiss:wink:

But I have found sometimes the kiss is not so good because they don't know how, not because the feelings are not there.

So how can you tell when a man loves you?

You know for sure when he holds your hair back when you're puking! :laughing:

no photo
Fri 05/27/11 02:52 PM

i talked to his dad about it so he gave the kid a drug test he came up clean ..... i just wish the kid would say sorry and man up and say aunt terri i took you cross then i would let it b cuz hes 18 he was talking about going in the military and that would b the best thing for him.......... but no hes telling the family he didnt take my cross thats why i have his drivers licens and a picture of my cross on the bill of sale from the pawn shop so how can he say i didnt do it....so he will never confess to it frustrated

Well, what exactly do you expect?? You want questions answered AFTER you beat the **** out of him?? I hate to break it to you, but it's not gonna happen. You lost yourself a nephew with that kind of action.
I'd recommend to ask first next time, and then to TALK IT OVER, instead of jumping to conclusions and resorting to physical abuse.

no photo
Thu 05/26/11 03:36 PM

did you ever have someone in the family take something from you ........i just had my gold cross takein so i go to the pawn shop and theres my cross my sisters 18 yr old kid took it...i had to pay 50.00 to get it back so would you call the cops or do you keep it in the family !!!!!!

I'd never ever call the cops on someone in my family - unless someone was being physically harmed.
Clearly this is huge - talk to your niece/nephew calmly and try to find out first why this happened. I bet someone somewhere is in trouble and didn't want to come out with it...

no photo
Thu 05/26/11 03:12 PM

How Many Times Have You Been In Love???:smile: :wink: happy

Four times - ready for the fifth round - bring it on... shades

no photo
Tue 05/24/11 03:42 PM

Being new in germany is not easy..
I have learnt quite a bit of german by now but i still find it a bit hard to make new friends.

I know what you mean. I've just returned to the homeland after years abroad and it's really difficult. Give it time, I'm sure you'll find some nice friends! flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 05/24/11 02:25 PM

Should guys also put in pictures of themselves showing muscle and chests and biceps?
I think the last time I checked, there is a very loud and determined group of women here who rather not see that.

There is?? I'm determined to found the anti-movement to those loons! bigsmile

no photo
Mon 05/23/11 03:05 PM

Welcome. :banana: <---- have fun like this banana here happy .

Thanks! Let's all go bananas!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

no photo
Mon 05/23/11 03:05 PM

Welcome:smile:

Thank you! flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 05/23/11 11:00 AM

I'm kidding of course, I'm sure you were fine before you met me. But I'm here to meet new people I can have a laugh with, cos laughing is good for the soul. What say you - are you in??

Welcome to the looney bin! laugh How do you pronounce your screen name? what btw, thanks for filling the empty spot in my soul. :wink: smitten

Thanks for the welcome. waving

no photo
Mon 05/23/11 07:58 AM

It's probably not going to be very popular here, but is it frowned upon to use dating sites to look for "friends with benefits"?

Most people on here are looking for Mr/Mrs Right which is fair enough; whereas some say they're just looking for friends, although probably a fair proportion of those are doing that with a view to becoming friends with their Prince(ss) Charming.

Having recently come out of what could be termed a toxic relationship, I'm just looking for someone to chat with and possibly more, but without leading people on with expectations of it blooming into a big romance. I just want to be open and honest, but obviously I don't want to scare anyone away. And of course there may be people who are looking for "Mr Right" but don't mind spending time with "Mr Right Now".

So how do you react when you see a profile for someone of your preferred sex who's looking for (what Mingle terms) an "activity partner"? Do you judge them and if so, how? Should dating sites be purely for the pursuit of lifelong monogamous romance or not?

Discuss!

I think you're being realistic, which is quite refreshing. When it comes to romance and relationships, nothing can be labelled properly IMO cos people develop, their relationships are in constant flux and "Miss/Mr Right" can turn into nothings, whereas FWB can turn into something big and meaningful.
I'm totally new here, so I don't even know yet where to look what people said on their profile, I'm just focussing on their words for the time being. I can't even remember what I put on my own profile - after all, profiles are like pictures: momentary glimpses, not the full picture at all.

I'm not sure how realistic it is to think that a FWB kind of thing is going to turn into something big and meaningful. It could happen, I'm sure, but I don't know that it happens a lot. I think that's what sweetestgirl was talking about... many women get into that kind of thing thinking more is going to come from it and it doesn't happen that way.

Oh, I agree, it doesn't happen very often. I merely meant that putting a label on something doesn't necessarily mean that the same label will still apply in a few weeks time. IMO it's realistic to not pay too much attention to the labels, but to approach people and let them approach with an open mind.

What I was trying to get at was listen to the person about what he or she is looking for. If they specifically state they're not looking for a relationship, it is not realistic to think they're going to change their mind about that. When people think they can change someone's mind, that's where the drama starts.

I think we're actually in full agreement here. Yes, listening to what people have to say is essential, only filtering out the bits we want to hear would be stupid. And no, nobody can or should attempt to change another person, but people can change, if they're ready for a change. To get back to the OPs original question: I would not initially react badly or be judgmental towards a person, who clicked on a certain item on a list when they completed their profile. What they say afterwards in mails and in the forums is what counts.

Previous 1