Community > Posts By > steve B

no photo
Tue 08/13/19 07:09 AM
Later, much later he began thinking objectively. He couldn't imagine a scenario where he would willingly embark on a LDR. Unless
it was a scenario where you are unattached and liked to travel. and someone else is in the same position, then mutual benefit
could result in a very positive experience. But this would be strongly reliant on knowing the other person well enough to have
reached a position of trust. Some things would need to be understood and agreed on from the start.
1. Real life relationships take priority. For example, if either of the parties embarks on a relationship in the
normal sense, then this takes priority over the long distance. In the holiday 2 or 3 times a year scenario.
2. That both parties agree to treat each other with respect and honesty at all times.
3. That both parties agree to enjoy the holiday and share ideas and decisions about activities.

He became aware that it could turn in to a long list. But parameters and or expectations of any relationship would need
to be brought into focus, clearly defined, understood and agreed upon. Steps would need to be followed, time invested.
Not a thing to be taken lightly.
The tune 'It's a long long way from Claire to here' sprang to mind and he you tubed it. He was in no rush. And not going anywhere
for a few months. We'll see. He smiled to himself. Mmmm Rotterdam or anywhere Liverpool or Rome.....Maybe not Liverpool. Thinking about it.
He dropped a couple of you tube links in a message for her to pick up in the morning.

no photo
Sun 08/11/19 07:32 AM

It was the following day. they had been talking. wondering when it was that they had started saying 'we'! They had traced it back to
a certain time at about mid afternoon, his time, mid evening, her time. They had listened to various music for the past hour.
Including one lazy song that goes.. Here we are, stuck by this river. They had briefly imagined they were there. He had added a
meadow with tall grasses and trees, she had added some birds. And they had both agreed that there was a spanish guitarist somewhere nearby.
Maybe something fluttered in right there :)
something delicate, ineffable but at the same time fearless, free. It was somehow 'we' after that.
He had said goodnight and then sat and thought for a while. He thought about dots and 7000 mile lines and 20 hour flight times.
Then he thought about embarking fearlessly on a voyage into unknown territory, without a compass, with little chance of success and
every chance of ridicule. Which sounded like a lot of fun.. Eventually a thought took shape.
What are the odds that she would agree to something that he had in mind. Something that would cement their friendship and give an
online relationship reason to be.
At about eleven o clock he had written simply. I have an idea.

no photo
Sat 08/10/19 07:34 AM
for comments and ribbings about the post

the story begins here

no photo
Sat 08/10/19 07:32 AM
Des and I have decided to write a collaborative story exploring the emotional impact of online relationships.
There will be , I feel, perhaps more than a little authenticity to the story.

I have made a sister thread for comments, It would be good to have the continuity of the story on this thread.

The story begins here.

Good night sleep well. cya :)x

He sat back thinking, she Was an interesting woman. She had painted a picture in his imagination,
that did something on a level he didn't expect.

It was early August but a damp northeaserly wind made it feel anything but warm.
He shivered. How long had he been sat at the computer? In the background Beth Hart sang, 'caught out in the rain'.
He opened the picture that she had sent him. and looked at her for a couple of minutes . She WAS an interesting woman. Beth Hart
began to sing,'I'd rather go blind'. One thing was for sure, she had caught his attention. after a while Beth began to sing,
'close to my fire'.I was a half an hour before he finaly got up and made something to eat. Thinking, she knows how it goes
with LDR's. I am new to this. How exciting! No phreremones flying around. There was something that had nothing to do with pheremones
or chemistry or needyness or lust. Something he couldn't easily find words for. Something that still made him smile.
He looked up the distance, 7,357 miles and laughed. Couldn't she have been a little bit closer.
Later he began to think that he could be a complete fool. He laughed again. Beth Hart was singing, 'fire on the floor'.

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 11:37 AM
Edited by steve B on Thu 08/08/19 11:40 AM
DA

OK so how many lashes do I get? glasses

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 10:57 AM
tin soldier

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 10:50 AM
tin mug

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 10:45 AM
fences

My mouth is as dry as Gandhi's --------

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 10:39 AM
All you can really do is leave the ball in her court m8. It's up to her if she wants to volley it back.

Thank her for a nice day. Wish her well.

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 10:06 AM
Felt a bit lack luster for a couple of days.

Not much zip in my do da. as it were. And no I dont need an enormous piece of Red Jasper lol :)

anyhow indulge me in a song. that helps get you thinking cosmic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-INeMspNSQ0

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 06:38 AM
DA

Ok already :)

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 06:03 AM
Marthe Tim buckley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEeZK9j0AQU&list=PL8a8cutYP7fqKPWFukc3-x04qWWOUH5_w&index=5

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 05:55 AM
Buzzin fly. Tim Buckley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hJzgLOSNrM

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 05:30 AM

Started a new book to work upon get some work flowing in just tired... thanks for understanding without making me into a total nutcase... :)

You're welcome FD. :) Good luck with the book. :thumbsup:

no photo
Wed 08/07/19 02:29 PM

ordinary man cristy moore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIh5dUOz824

Brilliant tune, caught him a few times..:thumbsup:

Yea? good for you m8. hes right on. great just on hi own too..:thumbsup:

My first ever published photo was of him, a grumpy shite he was, but he came round, some performer though..

Done a bit of orthography then. You got a list of famous names in you portfolio?

A few, used to work for a festival here and still do a bit of freelancing..

Maybe you should set up yourself up as a go to man for profile pics for dating sites?
That way you could meet all the lovely hotties befor anyone else. :thumbsup:

no photo
Wed 08/07/19 02:18 PM

My first ever published photo was of him, a grumpy shite he was, but he came round, some performer though..

Done a bit of orthography then. You got a list of famous names in you portfolio?

no photo
Wed 08/07/19 02:07 PM

no photo
Wed 08/07/19 02:01 PM
Edited by steve B on Wed 08/07/19 02:03 PM
I've had something like River said. Except mine was impersonating BT internet provider, supposedly warning of a problem with the line. so i played along for fun, then said that I had my BT contract in front of me, and asked if they could tell me my account ref number. Obviously they just hung up. so I left the phone line open. for 4 hours so they probably couldn't phone out themselves until I hung up.

I'm not even with BT.

OT cheerful :)

no photo
Wed 08/07/19 11:38 AM

It's his actions that get me as well. Billy Connolly used to do a lot of that.

Yeah, that's big part of it isn't it.
I just semi passed out laughing with his hotel sketch, haha. That one I'd never seen yet.

hotel sketch , MM I'll check it out ..:)something to watch whist eating tea. :)
Hopefully I don't choke lol

just watched that one . I'm working my way through these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TfKSS8T5WM&list=RDshZK3DUAA-s&index=2

on the mobil phone one. :)
one key lol
Hihi, not smart to eat when watching him, hihi.
Here it is, complilation. I think the 2nd one is when it gets REALLY good, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shZK3DUAA-s

no photo
Wed 08/07/19 11:15 AM

It's his actions that get me as well. Billy Connolly used to do a lot of that.

Yeah, that's big part of it isn't it.
I just semi passed out laughing with his hotel sketch, haha. That one I'd never seen yet.

hotel sketch , MM I'll check it out ..:)something to watch whist eating tea. :)
Hopefully I don't choke lol

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25