Community > Posts By > Tobias1540

Tobias1540's photo
Mon 02/04/08 11:26 AM
If you need to censor something because you afriad your whole belief system will crumble if people experience something you really need to get a better basis for what you believe.

Tobias1540's photo
Mon 02/04/08 10:12 AM

The popular vote is meaningless. It's all done via the electoral college and the only ones who have a say in how they vote are the Republican and Democratic parties. If people actually paid attention and knew how our electoral system worked, we would have had this done away with fifty plus years ago.

I have been one for going soley with the popular vote for a while now.

Tobias1540's photo
Mon 02/04/08 10:10 AM
You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.
Charles Austin Beard (1874 - 1948)

Tobias1540's photo
Mon 02/04/08 10:09 AM
They have exiled me now from their society and I am pleased, because humanity does not exile except the one whose noble spirit rebels against despotism and oppression. He who does not prefer exile to slavery is not free by any measure of freedom, truth and duty.
Kahil Gibran, Spirits Rebellious

Tobias1540's photo
Mon 02/04/08 10:07 AM
All censorships exist to prevent any one from challenging current conceptions and existing institutions. All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently the first condition of progress is the removal of censorships.
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Tobias1540's photo
Mon 02/04/08 10:05 AM

Don't listen to him. No vote is a waste. Ron Paul has my vote. Most candidates I have to search for things that I agree with them on, but not Ron Paul. In fact, of what I have seen there is only one thing Ron Paul and I disagree on and thats net neutrality.

No, guys, I'm not saying anything about Ron Paul in particular as a candidate. I'm speaking about the system and how it is designed against third party candidates. No third party candidate has won ANY electoral votes since 1968 and as far as I'm aware, no third party candidate has ever been elected to the Presidency (since the formation of the modern Republican and Democratic party).

So, by all means vote for Ron Paul in the primaries...but regardless of how appealing the candidate may be, a vote for a third party candidate in the general election will be meaningless until the United States adopts a run-off electoral system which is long overdue.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your voice is never lost." -John Quincy Adams

Tobias1540's photo
Mon 02/04/08 09:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PUQATCcQ0A&watch_response

All I would ever pray for, is that there be a lot more kids like the 'coolest 8 year old' shown in the video below, than the one's found in the "JCamp" one!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8x14cLGh5o&feature=related

Holy Crap that was awesome.

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 02/03/08 09:29 PM

On Febuary 5th I am going to see Will Ferrel, Demitri Martin, Nick Swardson, and Zach Gilifignockus (I spelled that totally wrong)
That is so awesome!!

Thanx it is going to be amazing, I can't wait. I will update everyone on how it was. I am going to make a T shirt for the show. Its my first time going to a comedy show.

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 02/03/08 08:29 PM

I guess that kind of stuff happens when you're a Blues Brother.

Yeah atleast I don't have Princess Lea stalking me with a bazooka

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 02/03/08 08:27 PM

This is a long story so I am going to shorten it down. I had a friend who liked me, but I had just gotten out of a relationship so i didn't want to go out with her, but I told her we could be friends with benifits. She said ok well she told me that she loved me and that she wanted to go out with me I told her no we stopped talking and she told people that I molested/stalked her. Then she created so much drama for me that woman stopped talking to me because they didn't want to get involved. Ok thats two years in a nutshell. So she moved to tennessee this summer and I haven't talked to her till this weekend. She im'ed me and she told me the following. She is now a nympho and then went on to say she was glad we never had sex cuz I couldn't handle her. She is 18 or 19 and she is now engaged to a 25 year old. Now when she told me that she was engaged she asked me if she should be happy twice. Oh and she told me that she moved in with him and she had a pregnancy scare. I feel so good now. i can see her becoming a hillbilly and I love it.

Drama?

Alot

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 02/03/08 08:26 PM

I had a similar sort of relationship with a guy a few years ago. It makes me feel so much better about the outcome that I dodged a HUGE bullet -- he's on trial for charges of child molestation.

Holy Crapfrown

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 02/03/08 08:25 PM

I'm from the UK and I think Americans rock drinker Not all Brits are as stuck up as we seem bigsmile

laugh laugh laugh

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 02/03/08 08:23 PM
This is a long story so I am going to shorten it down. I had a friend who liked me, but I had just gotten out of a relationship so i didn't want to go out with her, but I told her we could be friends with benifits. She said ok well she told me that she loved me and that she wanted to go out with me I told her no we stopped talking and she told people that I molested/stalked her. Then she created so much drama for me that woman stopped talking to me because they didn't want to get involved. Ok thats two years in a nutshell. So she moved to tennessee this summer and I haven't talked to her till this weekend. She im'ed me and she told me the following. She is now a nympho and then went on to say she was glad we never had sex cuz I couldn't handle her. She is 18 or 19 and she is now engaged to a 25 year old. Now when she told me that she was engaged she asked me if she should be happy twice. Oh and she told me that she moved in with him and she had a pregnancy scare. I feel so good now. i can see her becoming a hillbilly and I love it.

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 02/03/08 08:06 PM
Proof that people from the U.K. need to shut up when they talk about how dumb Americans are.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080204/od_afp/britainpeoplehistoryoffbeat

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 02/03/08 06:32 PM

u can't judge 2 billion people just for a few fanatics.

So we are in Iraq and Afghanistan why?

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 02/03/08 06:26 PM
Yeah baby!!!!!!! Ron Paul Rocks my socks

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 02/03/08 03:03 PM
Edited by Tobias1540 on Sun 02/03/08 03:06 PM
I find it funny when guys insult other guys and tell them to grow a pair or something.

One time I had a class with this girl and we were fooling around, and no one knew about it, so i was looking at her. Well she told me that the guy sitting next to her told her to pull up her shirt cuz that "freak" (i.e. me) was looking at her, you know to make me look bad in order to make himself look good. I thought that was funny, but maybe thats just me.

Tobias1540's photo
Sat 02/02/08 08:00 PM

can you come get melaugh laugh laugh laugh

For you anything :wink:

Tobias1540's photo
Sat 02/02/08 07:56 PM
In michigan there is going to be 4 day country music fest its in June. You can go for one day or all four. I went last year and had a blast. It is not the best place. Last year they didn't have showers and it was new so there was a lot of loose dirt, but I still loved it. They have some great people lined up this year and I hope that I can make it again. Check out this link to see more.

http://www.mtcountryfest.com/

Tobias1540's photo
Sat 02/02/08 07:32 PM
That doesn't seem very unbiased. By the same token anything that is potentialy hurtful should be put in the same catagory. I know that haveing a gun is never safe, but the only way to keep bad things from happening is to be responcible. As a kid i remember wanting to see my dads gun but he would never let me touch them and i respected that. And he never gave us the chance to find them on our own. I know i keep going to my own life, but my dad was being responcible, and nothing bad ever happened with his guns.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25