Community > Posts By > Odlam

Odlam's photo
Sun 10/28/07 04:49 PM
Haha, works for me then, thanks guys

Odlam's photo
Sun 10/28/07 04:47 PM
lol cheat the system? Look, that's my left hand! I'm in the picture!

Odlam's photo
Sun 10/28/07 04:45 PM
I mean, I see nothing after looking around, so I assume it's a "no" but it doesn't hurt to ask to be sure

Odlam's photo
Sun 10/28/07 04:43 PM
Is there anywhere or any option for displaying artwork on this site? I enjoy the arts, but my leaning is more towards drawing/painting/etc. - I figured this is where the creative people are, so I'd ask you guys :P

And the pics uploaded in the profile have to have me in the picture, so that's no good.

Odlam's photo
Sun 10/28/07 03:29 PM
lol yah, to be fair, I can understand why he would be potentially confused.

I'd act like it didn't happen, but you might have to spell it out in the near future. But do it with no uncertain terms, even if you keep the mood light.

Odlam's photo
Sun 10/28/07 03:25 PM
Haha, whatever can be gotten out of it. I've already met a few cool people, so that's worth it in itself right?

The trick, I think, is to not have any expectations beyond simply expanding your options. This site is just one avenue afterall, even if it's a very cool one.

Honestly, the odds of finding someone on here -quickly- are probably not all that hot, but so far as talking with good people and getting all sorts of different insights and points of view? Awesome.

Odlam's photo
Sun 10/28/07 01:19 PM
Cute face, age bracket, location, and a sense of humor about life in general. A medium length profile is good for this, about two paragrapsh. You don't need a novel, but you need enough to convey a sense of who you are. I'm being hypocritical here too cause my profile is guilty of this, I need to flesh it out.

warning signs are things like "I need someone to take care of me" - bleeeurg.

It's funny how that works - you find somebody who just wants to mooch, and you don't want to give them a thing. You find somebody who wants to stand on thier own, and you want to give them the world.

Odlam's photo
Sun 10/28/07 01:03 PM
lol there is much truth here. I don't have kids, so the child shot one would have never even occured to me, but now I'm gonna be like "omg take those down!" to all my friends haha.

And yah, I'm a Christian too so this is gonna sound odd, but I've always found #2 annoying even so. There's a place and time for everything.

Odlam's photo
Sun 10/28/07 11:12 AM
Depends on the emotional investment - the greater it was, the longer you're gonna feel like you should wait.

Odlam's photo
Sun 10/28/07 11:04 AM
Nope, can't find it. But yah, it's like two little cartoon characters who are very simply drawn, and one's holding this red bloody heart.

Odlam's photo
Sun 10/28/07 11:01 AM
I've seen this pic before, hold up

Odlam's photo
Sat 10/27/07 09:30 PM
IMO - Christians, of all people, should be setting the example as far as having patience with people, and working to get through to them.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't defend yourself from an "attack", but it should not be done in an aggressive and confrontational manner.

That actually turns people off and defeats the purpose of what a Christian should be doing. You're not gonna convince anybody that you've got the moral high ground, or save anybody from hell, when you're trying to beat them with a verbal baseball bat over the internet for daring to not understand your religion.

You gotta ask yourself what is your priority - trying to give as good an impression of your religion as possible and making as much headway into saving this person as you can, or just bashing on somebody with no real productive result in mind.

Odlam's photo
Sat 10/27/07 01:43 PM
Go read Milton's Paradise Lost

He did a good theoretical telling of the devil's side of the story in it

In the story, the devil actually realizes his mistake, and seriously contemplates returning to God and admitting his error because he knows God would forgive him. But he took so many other angels down with him who follow him as thier leader that his pride will not allow him to return and humble himself before God and seek forgiveness. Milton really focuses on pride in trying to surpass the almighty being the reason for his fall, and it's also what keeps him from repenting his sin.

Anyways, it's a good story at any rate.

Odlam's photo
Fri 10/26/07 07:43 PM
huntsville, alabama and a whole lot of nothing goin on atm

Odlam's photo
Fri 10/26/07 07:41 PM
Doin good so far

Odlam's photo
Fri 10/26/07 07:39 PM
Yah or do what Lex says. Post counts = respect I hear.

Odlam's photo
Fri 10/26/07 07:37 PM
Seriously, just talk and get to know people

Don't worry about making a date, just try to make some friends. If you can't be friends with a person, you're probably not gonna have any luck dating them imo.

Odlam's photo
Thu 10/25/07 09:22 PM
Max, but do they talk back?

Odlam's photo
Thu 10/25/07 07:35 PM
good stuff man

Odlam's photo
Thu 10/25/07 06:18 PM
Well thank you very much man, that's quite a compliment. My preacher used to say that back when I was little, so I can't take too much credit. Faith has to be taken on faith.