Community > Posts By > Odlam

Odlam's photo
Sun 11/04/07 08:36 AM
You gotta change your attitude man

1) there's tons of good sites, this is not the only one - don't invest all your time in one site, or all your time talking to one person. Hell, don't even invest all of your time online.

2)You can have as many buds as you want. If you can't even be somebody's friend, you aren't gonna be able to be anything else to them either.

3)You gotta get a more upbeat attitude. Negativity and whining are depressing, and nobody wants to be around somebody like that.

Odlam's photo
Sun 11/04/07 08:29 AM
“Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to the garage makes you a car.”
--Laurence J. Peter

Odlam's photo
Sun 11/04/07 08:23 AM
Miracles do happen, but I do think the term is a bit overused sometimes

Like if somebody's car flips, and they roll right side over and survive. Well this other guy's car flips and it doesn't roll over and he dies. That's not miracles, that's just pure dumb luck. Sometimes bad and good things happen, and it's not always God stepping in and lending direct invervention no matter how good that may make us feel to think that imo.

Odlam's photo
Sun 11/04/07 08:13 AM
Go watch V for Vendetta, it'll be educational :D

Odlam's photo
Fri 11/02/07 03:36 PM
That's cool man - everyone's got thier own opinion and Predestination is hardly a new issue for Christianity. It's an oooooold discussion.

But personally, if somebody was born to go to hell, if God created a person knowing they were going to hell, it's kind of hard to hold them responsible for following God's will. It's kind of like a train being run on a track, it can't just jump the tracks and go anywhere else, so why fault it when it arrives at the destined station? I just don't see it.

Odlam's photo
Fri 11/02/07 03:17 PM
Haven't got a clue who you really are whisper, but you shouldn't rely on vindication from a bunch of people on the internet :P You seem nice enough from stopping to read your profile though.

Just go look in the mirror and tell yourself you're a good person, and then go out and act the way you would like to see a good person act. There's no trick to it. But you have to have that internalized, you can't basing your opinion about yourself on what other people think of you.

Odlam's photo
Fri 11/02/07 02:54 PM
No dates yet, but I haven't been here that long - met some really good people, gotten some good input, and had a good time though

Odlam's photo
Thu 11/01/07 02:27 PM
Welcome aboard!

Odlam's photo
Thu 11/01/07 01:14 PM
There's one that's even more evil, not that I've ever done it

You tell them "Hold on a second, I'm not the decision maker of the household, let me get my wife/husband/dad/mom on the phone. Can you wait just a minute?"

And then you put the phone down and walk away.

Odlam's photo
Thu 11/01/07 12:52 PM
transformers!

Odlam's photo
Thu 11/01/07 12:38 PM
Reese's peanut butter cups are alright

But Reese's Pieces are better!

Odlam's photo
Thu 11/01/07 11:43 AM
That's an incredibly complex question - would you mind breaking down the two subcategories you mentioned at the start, at least as you perceive them?

IMO - A Christian should love God, believe in Jesus as the Son of God (hard to be a Christian without that one), not judge others, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, spread a little kindness, and try to live a life that leads by example. That's my broad description.

Odlam's photo
Thu 11/01/07 11:33 AM
Well a client is a client, just from a business stand point I'd say put up with it.

Put extra air fresheners in the room when you know he's coming haha.

Odlam's photo
Thu 11/01/07 11:31 AM
lol iceprincess

Odlam's photo
Thu 11/01/07 11:30 AM
Twilights Twin has the right idea.

Just get out and get in clubs and activities you think you might like. Not only will you have a good time just being around other people, but you've got instant conversation material for just getting to know people - and I'm not even talking about in the dating sense. But by being in a group like that, you already know everybody there shares at least one common interest with you.

Odlam's photo
Thu 11/01/07 11:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4

Odlam's photo
Thu 11/01/07 11:21 AM
Noooooo!

Odlam's photo
Thu 11/01/07 08:23 AM
I'd say they are on the wrong site really - but to each his own as far as just what kind of relationship you're looking for online.

There's sites much more tailor made for that kind of thing I think, instead of a site named "just say hi"

But yah, overall to each his own. Honesty is the biggest thing - as long as everyone says straight up what they are looking for, it doesn't really matter. Everyone's at different points in thier lives, and nobody should be judging.

Odlam's photo
Wed 10/31/07 07:18 AM
I think everybody just feels that way every now and then - I've posted in a few threads and then the responses kind of taper off and its like "oops, did I kill this thing somehow?"

Somebody's got to post last though :P

Odlam's photo
Wed 10/31/07 07:15 AM
Happy Halloween everyone!