Community > Posts By > omgazombie

omgazombie's photo
Fri 02/25/11 11:22 PM
Years of being a nerd I suppose. I just generally dislike Gateway.

As far as having to pay extra money to get Dell to honor the warranty, I've never seen that issue before. I get parts replaced for businesses and people on a daily basis. I've even had them replace extra parts, just because they might go bad later on. All for free. =/

omgazombie's photo
Fri 02/25/11 11:08 PM
Are holes really holes? Or are they invisible extensions of the object you think has a hole.. =/

omgazombie's photo
Fri 02/25/11 11:05 PM
Oh, and this is how the world is gonna end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCpjgl2baLs

omgazombie's photo
Fri 02/25/11 11:02 PM
I would normally say all laptops are the same, and the only thing you should look at is the warranty. However, Gateway is the exception to that rule. I wouldn't recommend them to my enemy and thats just because I don't believe they deserve anybodies money. ;)

Check out the Dell laptop below, you can add up to a 3 year warranty and other items and still keep it under 1,000. Also, on Dell warranties. If something breaks, you call them, if it's a hardware issue, they send the part and someone to install it for you. You can also renew your warranty after three years with the same replacement plan.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=fndon11b&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&model_id=inspiron-17r-combo-mod&vw=classic

omgazombie's photo
Fri 02/25/11 10:50 PM
I would continue on as-is because technically tomorrow doesn't exist. The moment you think tomorrow is coming it becomes today so the world will never end and I will never die!

omgazombie's photo
Fri 02/25/11 07:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsYcRSNL8To

I'm looking for some music similar to this. Any suggestions?

omgazombie's photo
Fri 02/25/11 07:10 PM
It differs with everybody I suppose. I went through the same thing when mine was final last year. The feeling lasted 3-4 months. My advice, stay away from alcohol while you feel like ****. Bad things can happen. It just takes time to get used to it. Same thing GravelRidgeBoy said. It's the unknown that does it.

omgazombie's photo
Fri 02/25/11 07:03 PM
Meh. I'm all about revenge and pranks. Hire a nerd to drop her PC while she is in the middle of working on a document. Then when she loses all her work, just be like.. "You should learn to save your documents so you don't lose them".. in a condescending tone.. Life is short, don't take **** from anybody, it's not worth it if it makes you feel bad.

omgazombie's photo
Fri 02/25/11 06:52 PM
I use fresh dollar bills that are sliced into strips, weaved into perfect 5x5" squares, and then folded to look like a rose bud.

omgazombie's photo
Thu 02/24/11 04:58 PM
I agree with esebulldog.

omgazombie's photo
Thu 02/24/11 04:38 PM
You know what would be nice? A bare metal hypervisor that worked dynamically with the operating systems you put on it. So instead of dual booting os's, you could simply run them on the hypervisor as a new machine, but swap between them on the system that the hypervisor is installed on. This way, you could simply create a new machine, swap over to it, almost like changing desktops, and install whatever OS you want to test. If it doesn't work out, just delete the machine. This would be better than having a dedicated machine that needs to remote into another dedicated machine that hosts your virtuals.

omgazombie's photo
Wed 02/23/11 05:33 PM
I get the opposite vibe man. Most people reply and start chatting, even had a couple that wanted to meet up.. and then BAM. They just stop talking out of nowhere. I gotta stop saying random **** like, "Yeah, lets meet up, I'ma be wearing daisy dukes and a black trench coat." I think it freaks them out.

omgazombie's photo
Wed 02/23/11 05:29 PM
I'm thinking about creepin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

omgazombie's photo
Wed 02/23/11 05:28 PM
So who wants to get a group together and sing this? With enough alcohol, I'd do it. ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

omgazombie's photo
Wed 02/23/11 05:20 PM
Hell, I'm downloading it just because the launch trailer started out with Smashing Pumpkins.. **** yeah.. D=

omgazombie's photo
Wed 02/23/11 05:14 PM
You should be fine. Mac's are pretty good about not losing your data. However, if you are worried. You can go buy an external hard drive and look up how to use Mac's Time Machine backups. Then you can simply run the backup onto the drive and if anything goes wrong, you can just reload everything you backed up.

omgazombie's photo
Wed 02/23/11 05:09 PM
Edited by omgazombie on Wed 02/23/11 05:10 PM
To be honest, all laptops are generally made the same. The resellers take the same parts from overseas, slap their name on it, and call it their own product. The main thing you need to look for when buying a laptop is the warranty. Dell has the best warranty with the biggest price.

Also.. if you buy from BestBuy, which is going to insanely overcharge you, make sure you get the accidental protection plan. This way, right before the warranty goes out, you simply destroy the laptop and take it in and get a brand new one. Works every time.

omgazombie's photo
Wed 02/23/11 05:07 PM
I have a nook color and it's awesome. To hell with the kindle. The nook color is on par with the iPad for nerds like me. =/