Community > Posts By > cherub_girl

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 12:25 PM
Tribo wrote: no sweet cherub in fact only you and feralcatlady heve rsponses in the last post i made that were what i deem logical responses to what i was really trying ro accoplish - have no wrries - you are well thought of

flowerforyou Glad to hear it Tribo! flowerforyou

I think well of you too!

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 11:59 AM

You sure you arent Tribo?
Its almost like you're talking for him.laugh laugh

No I'm pretty sure I am Cherub. laugh
Your right...I shouldn't speak for Tribo...Sorry Triboflowerforyou
However, I do stand behind what I said....all of it.

I understand the "be fishers of men" theology but I'm not sure that I agree with it. Even if it is valid, I STRONGLY disagree with how MOST people go about it. It has been my experience that MOST tactics end up pushing people further away from Christ rather than closer.

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 11:49 AM
AND PLEASE DO NOT COME BACK HERE QUOTING MORE BIBLE VERSES! I will just thump you back on the head with your own bible. That is not the intention of this thread!

I want to hear from them about the hows and why's people decided not to believe.

Can we try not to give them MORE reasons in the process?

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 11:45 AM
Please note that Mark 9:40 says "The person who is not against us is for us." NOT "The person who is NOT WITH US is against us. VERY IMPORTANT DISTINCTION!!

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 11:42 AM

He is even making a list!
Christains,
Atheist,
and used to be Christainslaugh laugh

Reminds me of the Nazis, when they made their lists!grumble

I actually requested a copy of his list when he completes it. It helps in a "religous" debate to know what side of the fence they lean on. I have learned through reading these posts for the last couple of weeks what angles to avoid in these debates. Like I said in his thread, I am not going to use Bible verses to try to convice Abra or JB that my arguement is valid. They don't believe in the Bible so it would be like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

I will let Tribo answer my question about weather or not he hates me but I am pretty sure his answer will be "no". I don't think he REALLY hates Christians. I think he detests the theology and the extremists that try to shove it down his throat and scare him into heaven with the hell, fire and brimestone sermons. And personally....I don't blame anyone who hates that. I am a Christian and I hate that. It serves noone, let alone Christ.

Have I got that right Tribo?

Jesus preached several "hellfire and brimestone" sermons. Matthew 5:22-30 and Mark 9:43-47 are good examples. Jesus believed in and warned of hell, why shouldn't todays preachers do the same?

Preachers should...depending upon who they are talking to.

It's all about knowing your audience. "Hellfire and Brimestone" isn't going to work on Tribo. Evangelizing in general isn't going to work on him. I suggest dust your feet and move on.

Jesus knew his audience. He was the ultimate preacher. He was the only one on EARTH qualified to judge other people and yet he DIDN'T. If HE didn't, who are we to?

Interesting choice Matthew 5:22 is talking about if you are angry with your brother you will be sent to hell. That means you must FORGIVE before you can come on to him. BETTER YET...don't judge at all!

While we are at it....reread Mark 43 but back up to 40....
40 The person who is not against us is for us.

Tribo hasn't corrected me yet in saying he doesn't hate christians but only their actions. So therefore he is not against us. I don't see the need for a "Hellfire and Brimestone" sermon.

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 11:18 AM

He is even making a list!
Christains,
Atheist,
and used to be Christainslaugh laugh

Reminds me of the Nazis, when they made their lists!grumble

I actually requested a copy of his list when he completes it. It helps in a "religous" debate to know what side of the fence they lean on. I have learned through reading these posts for the last couple of weeks what angles to avoid in these debates. Like I said in his thread, I am not going to use Bible verses to try to convice Abra or JB that my arguement is valid. They don't believe in the Bible so it would be like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

I will let Tribo answer my question about weather or not he hates me but I am pretty sure his answer will be "no". I don't think he REALLY hates Christians. I think he detests the theology and the extremists that try to shove it down his throat and scare him into heaven with the hell, fire and brimestone sermons. And personally....I don't blame anyone who hates that. I am a Christian and I hate that. It serves noone, let alone Christ.

Have I got that right Tribo?

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 11:06 AM
AGREED!!!flowerforyou drinker

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 11:00 AM

Its a smoke screen!drinker

That's what Tribo does. He creates a smoke screen and then hides his true fears, intentions, and lack of conviction behind it.
His real objectives and motivations are shortly obvious to anyone who reads two or three of his Christian hating threads.

I thought you left for the joke section.
What happened? Did you find out you aren't funny?laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Is this true Tribo?

I am a Christian. (Designer Christian as Abra would call me)

Do you hate me?brokenheart sad

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 10:57 AM

no big bang theory - no

So how would YOU describe the creative force?

no my truth's better than your - no

you have to look at truth's through the eyes of truth and you cannot even begin to do that till you know the truth about yourself - then you will make head way as to finding real truths about all else.

I wasn't trying to get at who's truth is better than who's. I was trying to find out if you believe truth to be relitive. You have your truth, I have my truth, Susie Q. has her truth and Little Johnny has his. All of them differ.

Do you believe that they are ALL "TRUTH"?

I tend to believe that they are all different perspectives of ONE "TRUTH". I have my own perspective of truth because I see the world through my eyes and experiences. You have a different perspecitive because you have your own eyes and have lived your own life. However, I believe that the TRUTH is sigular and remains the same. One or both of our perspectives could be completely wrong but that does not change the TRUTH. What do you think?

you have to look at truth's through the eyes of truth and you cannot even begin to do that till you know the truth about yourself

TOTALLY AGREE!! Most people spend a LIFETIME trying to learn who they really are. I must admit, just when I think I have myself figured out, I surprise myself. laugh If I can't figure myself out, how can I expect anyone else too? laugh laugh

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 10:26 AM

I left very early when i aw they could not even get the 10 commandments rightlaugh drinker Miles

? What isn't right about the 10 commandments?

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 09:55 AM

well howdy howdy there all the fine people of JSH....My name is Debbie and I will be talking to you today about the possible trip to heaven.

Giving your life to Christ just repeat

"Heavenly Father, I thank you for sending Jesus to die on the Cross for me. Lord Jesus, I thank you for giving your life for me on the Cross. Jesus, I ask you right now to come into my life and be my Savior. I confess to You my sins and ask You to forgive me of my sins and cover them with you shed blood you gave many years ago at Calvary. I acknowledge I need you as Savior and Lord of my life, in order to me to ever go to Heaven. I repent of my sins and I ask You to help me to live my life, and to turn from then and to seek to bring You honor every day. Lord Jesus, thank you for the gift of everlasting life as I look to you for my way to heaven. I pray in you Mighty precious name, Lord Jesus. Amen."

say this and your there.......

Not a complicated thing.......

God Bless and peace be with you all.

You forgot the part where they actually have to mean it with all their heart and soul. It isn't some magic trick where you say the words and *poof* your "saved" with a golden ticket into the promised land. Sorry....it isn't that simple.

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 09:26 AM

I did have one straw that almost broke it...

I already had questions about the reality of the Bible. Then one Sunday I had read the morning paper and on the front page they talked about this man that had passed away. He was a civic leader. Had been a tireless advocate for the poor and sick. He was virtually everywhere helping people and making our state a better place to live. He was also Gay.
I go to Church and as the preacher starts his sermon he mentions this guy and then says the man is in HELL now because he was Gay. Man was I mad. I felt like standing up in front of those 400 people and giving that man a piece of my mind. Telling him what a disgrace he was to talk that way about someone.

Instead I just stood up. Turned my back on him. Walked out of the Church and did not return.

How can anyone look at the life of the man that did so much for society and then look at the preacher so sure in his righteousness and say that the first man is the sinner and the second man is the saint. In my world the truth is easy to see.

OOOHHH!!!!! That makes me furious!!!mad explode mad
I hear WAY to many of these kinds of stories. It would have taken every bit of restaint in my body to stop myself from thumping that preacher over the head with his own Bible. His Bible clearly instructs him that he is NOT to judge. He has NO clue if that man went to heaven or hell! One of my favorite verses is

John 8:7
But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Sorry to quote scripture but it was directed toward that idiotic preacher and he had it coming.mad

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 09:14 AM
Thanks for sharing Tribo. flowerforyou Couple of questions...

You said that you didn't "fall away" you just quit believing the Bible. That implies that you believed at one time. What made you STOP believing?

And just to make sure I understand your beliefs...
Do you believe that..
Emotion is purely a human thing?
"God" is just creative "energy"? (Big Bang Theroy kind of thing?)
Truth is realitive? (my truth isn't your truth and vice versa)

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 08:55 AM
Thanks Tribo! flowerforyou I started to read it yesterday but I pop on and off these threads while I am at work (naughty meblushing) so I didn't have time to read it entirely.

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 08:43 AM
I'm not budging either but some of the threads here facinate me. I am very curious to hear why people who once believed so strongly, no longer believe.

I'm not necessarily talking to those who were raised in the church, left home, grew up and once out of the influence of their parents researched and toyed with other religious beliefs. I personally think that researching opposing perspectives is very important in developing ones convictions. I am interested in hearing from those who never RETURNED to Christianity.

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 08:33 AM
Tribo created a post titled “How Many”. He wanted to know how many were once involved in Christianity and now no longer believe or practice Christianity.

My question is…

Why did you leave?
Was there a defining moment?
Was there a straw that broke the camels back?
If so, what was it?
Did you read something other than the Bible that gave you an epiphany?

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 06/10/08 06:22 AM

what does the Tao say ... something about if you can name it ... that is not the way ...

my my we humans do like our labels don't we ... it gives us categories for people ... we then file them away in our brains under the right index card ... and then we interact with them based upon past experiences noted in that particular file ...

trouble is ... what if we are wrong... and we have misfiled them...

a judgment upon someone alters our interaction ... and we stop experience the who of them ... in favour of what we think of them ... which at worst is not accurate at all and at best ... incomplete...

When I hear someone say that they only speak the truth ... it is important to understand that it is only truth for them ... it is one perspective ... and all of us have been wrong at one time or another ... no one is infallible ...

flowerforyou

AMEN!!flowerforyou flowerforyou

cherub_girl's photo
Mon 06/09/08 01:52 PM

Personally I don't think he should refer to it as god at all.

But....
This is another perfect example of how Christians truly believe that they ....and they alone know and OWN GOD.

My sister refuses to use the word "god" and rolls her eyes every time I use the word.

Many pantheists also refuse to use the word 'god'. Because the see that word as being soiled and stained by the religious bigotry that arises from religions that view "gods" as being the ultimate authoritarians.

All Mediterranean mythologies used the term "God" to refer to human-like personalities that are authorities. Their Gods want to rule the world (a human ambition really)

Christianity is the epitome of arrogance claiming that their God is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and every knee shall bow and ever tongue shall confess that their God rules over all others.

It's total bull crap. It's a childish mentality, "My god is bigger than your god".

So a lot of people have come to detest the very word "God" because that word has come to represent egotistical authoritarianism.

I've never really viewed God that way. And so for me personally I don't think of God as being an egotistical pig like the Christians do.

I use the word "god" to mean the true spiritual essence of all of creation.

In fact, I used to always spell 'god' using a lowercase 'g' because god is neither egotistical, nor an authoritarian. In fact god isn't person-like at all. It's a spiritual life force that as absolutely no egotistical ambitions to become the king of kings or lord of lords, and it doesn't sit in a thorn ruling over its creations.

I don't use the term 'god' in the same sense as it was used in Mediterranean mythologies of the ancient Greeks, Jews, and Egyptians.

In fact I think I'll go back to using the word in lowercase again. The only problem is that when I refer to the biblical God, I have to use uppercase, because that is a reference to an egotistical God of Mediterranean origin. That picture of "god" truly is an egotistical picture of a person-like God that has a humongous ego and accompanying humanistic fascist ambitions.

OK…I’ll bite…..But first I need clarification. From previous posts I have read of yours I was under the impression that you did believe in God just not the Biblical God. If that is incorrect, please correct me and read no further.

Do you believe in one God or many Gods?

Do you believe that one God created all or do you believe that all that we see and hear is the combined effort of many Gods?

I of course believe that All was created by one God. I disagree with the notion that God is an egotistical pig but if I am correct about God creating ALL then I think that God just might be justified in taking a little pride in their work and being a little upset when that work isn’t respected.

cherub_girl's photo
Mon 06/09/08 11:21 AM

ABRA! That wasn't very nice! What did Funches ever do to you to deserve that kind of hell and tortue?laugh

Ok, maybe I do have a hardened heart after all. devil

Actually I like Funches. He's always been rude to me in very polite ways. :wink:

The only problem is that if I set the proselyizers free amoung other proselytizers they'll just come back again.

If I sic them on someone else then maybe that will distract them for a while. bigsmile

I'm just trying to 'save' them from the can of Raid. flowerforyou

Maybe we can ship them all off to a deserted island and start a new "Survivor" series. And they can "save" each other. May the "best Christian" win. The only way off the island is to prove yourself to NOT be a Christian with an agenda to "save" the world.

cherub_girl's photo
Mon 06/09/08 10:50 AM

I know, but they continue to craw under the doorsill and through the keyhole and any other place they can find.

I need to get some Duck Tape! laugh

Maybe they have "Raid for Proselyizers". bigsmile

Owl have to ask at the Customer Service Department next time I'm at Wal-mart.

Altough I really don't want to keep them. Maybe I just need to get some Proselyizer Repellent.

Or I could go to a sporting goods store and get Box Traps for Proselyizers. Then after I catch them owl take them over to Funches backyard and set them loose. laugh

ABRA! That wasn't very nice! What did Funches ever do to you to deserve that kind of hell and tortue?laugh