Community > Posts By > cherub_girl

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 04:46 PM
So in that case you believe that hell is a hybrid of the 2 theories? A pit of torture with the absence of anything good.

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 04:40 PM
Interesting...I divorced the devil because living with him was Hell.

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 04:33 PM
As a child I was told that Hell is the place where the devil lives and is a fiery pit of flames and torture. As an adult someone gave me a different perspective. They said that because God is love and the source of everything good and since God cannot be in the presence of sin, it stands to reason that Hell is actually the ABSENCE of ANYTHING good. I found that scarier than the fiery pit of flames and torture.
Does anyone know if there is any Biblical basis for the later?

Which do you think is scarier?

What is your take on Hell?

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 04:17 PM

If you don't receive Jesus Christ and become a born again Christian, then you will sadly burn in Hellfire for all eternity

This above statement is the bottom line for the "Born again" Christians. This is what they promote as truth and this is what they believe.

They also state this:

There are a few things you must know to be saved:

1. You are a sinner under the condemnation of God's Law (Romans 3:10,23).

2. You are GUILTY, and deserve to go to Hellfire as punishment for your sins (Romans 3:19; 6:23; Revelation 21:8).

3. Jesus Christ, God in the flesh (God's Son), died upon the cross to pay for your sins (John 3:16-18; Romans 5:8). It is Jesus' blood that takes our sins away.

Now I ask you this. Who made these rules?

God?

If so, why?

Morningsong says that God does not send people to Hell.

Really?

Didn't he make these laws to begin with? If no, who did?

Isn't your God in charge of the entire universe?

If not, who is?

Why would he do this if he is?

What kind of game does your God play with this universe?

Does this honestly make any sense to you?

JB

The quotes you are taking are from man not God. The quotes of Bible verses are taken out of context.

God made the rules because he created the universe....his sandbox...his rules. He even created YOU. Every hair on your head. He knows every thought in your mind and also knows you don't know HIM. He's OK with that for now. As MorningSong stated, he is patient. I agree with MorningSong, God does NOT send people to hell. We CHOOSE hell. You don't know God yet. If you knew him you would understand. Right now your heart and mind are not in a place that is open enough to hear. One day it will. Somewhere in this thread you said something to the effect that you were on a qwest for higher understanding and enlightenment. I honestly wish you the best of luck with that qwest. I don't know of any better ways of spending your days hear on earth. I firmly believe that one day you find the answers you are looking for. Hopefully, you will have the eyes to see and the ears to hear them.

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 01:22 PM
Believe or Burn in Hell are not your options. Your options are Believe or Don't Believe. Period. The Burn in Hell part only comes in if you believe and then turn your back on him.

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 01:15 PM
I disagree. It IS free will. God gives you the choice. He has left evidence all over the world of his existence including the world itself. He has given us scientists that have set out to disprove his existence time and again but have only managed prove his existence more frequently than disprove. If that isn't proof enough he has given you a book called the Bible for you to believe or disbelieve. Your choice. God is a gentleman. If you choose not to believe in him, he doesn't force himself. He will simply step aside and wait patiently for you to change your mind.

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 11:24 AM

He was not dead. Although he was brought up Christian, I don't think he embraced the teaching as absolute truth. He was more of a scientist.

He thought he was going insane and went to numerous doctors to have himself checked out and they all told him he was lucid and perfectly sane.

So he approached the experiences very scientifically and recorded everything he experienced and documented everything he saw and cross checked things in the physical world to determine if what he saw was accurate or not if he was traveling in this physical world.

His travels in other dimensional worlds of course could not be checked.

JB

If he based his theory on the other dimensions that could not be checked, how could his theory be scientifically proven?

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 11:24 AM

He was not dead. Although he was brought up Christian, I don't think he embraced the teaching as absolute truth. He was more of a scientist.

He thought he was going insane and went to numerous doctors to have himself checked out and they all told him he was lucid and perfectly sane.

So he approached the experiences very scientifically and recorded everything he experienced and documented everything he saw and cross checked things in the physical world to determine if what he saw was accurate or not if he was traveling in this physical world.

His travels in other dimensional worlds of course could not be checked.

JB

If he based his theory on the other dimensions that could not be checked, how could his theory be scientifically proven?

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 11:01 AM
I'm sure he does. Maybe not at first, but if you want to get to the library and check out a book...I'm SURE there is a check out fee.

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 10:57 AM

According to Robert Monroe, who wrote three books about his journeys out of the body, there are many places that souls go after death.

He said that on one level, (he called it level 26) all the heavens for all the different religions existed. When you die, you go to level 26 if you believed in a certain religion. When you got there, you can only see the heaven you believed in and none of the others.

Where you end up after you die largely depends upon what you believe. If you believe in nothing, you might find yourself in the middle of nothing, and not be able to see anything.

He tells of seeing a soul sitting and crying and proclaiming "I knew it! I knew there was nothing after death!" He said she could not see anyone or anything around her.

So it is better to believe in something than nothing. Christians will go there and they will find their heaven because that is what they believe.

I suppose people who believe in Hell will find it. But all of that is just temporary and will pass away and Hell is not eternal. You can walk out of it any time you decide you have had enough of that nonsense.

Above level 26 is level 27. There, are many things there, but one specific thing is a huge library.

Level 27 is a resting place for souls on their way to the higher self, and you can live there as long as you want until you decide to leave to the higher self and other density worlds.

JB

I'm confused....If you can only see what you believe, how is it that he saw everything?

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 10:56 AM
According to Robert Monroe, who wrote three books about his journeys out of the body, there are many places that souls go after death.

He said that on one level, (he called it level 26) all the heavens for all the different religions existed. When you die, you go to level 26 if you believed in a certain religion. When you got there, you can only see the heaven you believed in and none of the others.

Where you end up after you die largely depends upon what you believe. If you believe in nothing, you might find yourself in the middle of nothing, and not be able to see anything.

He tells of seeing a soul sitting and crying and proclaiming "I knew it! I knew there was nothing after death!" He said she could not see anyone or anything around her.

So it is better to believe in something than nothing. Christians will go there and they will find their heaven because that is what they believe.

I suppose people who believe in Hell will find it. But all of that is just temporary and will pass away and Hell is not eternal. You can walk out of it any time you decide you have had enough of that nonsense.

Above level 26 is level 27. There, are many things there, but one specific thing is a huge library.

Level 27 is a resting place for souls on their way to the higher self, and you can live there as long as you want until you decide to leave to the higher self and other density worlds.

JB

I'm confused.....If you only see what you want to believe, how is it that this guy was able to see everything?

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 10:34 AM
I would agree with you Lonely that just because you are not a Christian doesn't mean that you are going to hell. I do not believe that those individuals that have never had the opportunity to read God's word and meet him in their lifetime will go to hell. I believe that they are innocent and God will welcome them into heaven and there is a special place for them up there. However, those who have met him and have denied him to their moment of death, that is a different story. I have spoken with several people that have lost loved ones who were concerned about their loved ones eternal fate because they were not sure if their loved ones were "saved" at their time of death. In these cases, we don't know what happens in those final moments between life on earth and the judgment that awaits us. I like to believe that we are given one last opportunity after death to believe or deny at the gates. At that time, while standing at the gates, it would take a pretty cold heart to deny and those I believe are condemned.

cherub_girl's photo
Tue 05/13/08 10:19 AM
I believe the Bible should not be subject to interpretation based on the reader’s mood, circumstances and personal agendas. Instead, interpretation should be based on authorial intent. When we read the Bible we should interpret it the way the author intended to be interpreted. (This is not always easy!!) That is not to say that our mood, circumstances and personal agendas will not and should not influence the impact that it has on us as individuals. The same verse read by 10 different people MAY be interpreted 10 different ways however we should ask ourselves “What was the author trying to say here?” There should only be one answer. That one answer might resonate deeper within and speak more personally to 1 or 2 of those 10 based on their mood, life circumstances, etc. and mean virtually nothing to the other 8 or 9 and there is nothing wrong with that but the author’s intent of the message remains the same.

cherub_girl's photo
Wed 11/14/07 12:58 PM
WELCOME!

cherub_girl's photo
Wed 11/14/07 12:57 PM
I am sooo sorry about your daughter! I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

cherub_girl's photo
Mon 11/12/07 01:56 PM
Welcome Atomic!!

cherub_girl's photo
Sun 11/04/07 08:36 AM
I tried changing my preferances and they are sending me less that I'm not interested in but the ones I say no to are still there. Maybe you can't get rid of them. I guess it doesn't hurt anything for them to be there. It's just bugs me that they are still there.

cherub_girl's photo
Sun 11/04/07 08:03 AM
That works if they are already a mutual match but not in the "New Match" portion. When I look at my "New Match" part there isn't an X. HELP!

cherub_girl's photo
Sun 11/04/07 07:47 AM
How do I delete New Matches from my profile once I have determined I am not interested? I have several on there that I have already said "No" to. Why don't they go away? I can make them go away from my "Mutual Match" part of the site, why not the "New Match" part?

cherub_girl's photo
Fri 10/19/07 04:37 PM
Thank you everybody for making me feel welcome!