Community > Posts By > lilbug

no photo
Thu 08/28/14 09:17 AM
Hmmm..."religion", "forced submission", "subjugation" I feel like this topic took a turn somewherenoway I didn't see anywhere the OP supported any of this.

For me, it's simply this, adults are free to produce, promote, and listen to this crap if they wish, because as adults hopefully their self image and ideas of their roles in relationships have already been formed, but parents have the ultimate say in what their kids with young, impressionable minds, who have not yet determined their roles, their self images not yet formed, listen to and take in. My parents limited what I listened to, that was part of their job, responsible parents have been doing that since the beginning of time. When I became an adult and out of their home, I was free to listen to and dance however I wished, as are all of you adults because by then hopefully we have learned that this is nothing more than a money making scheme and the producers of this crap couldn't care less what kind of self image your kid or mine has, they're just pushing a product.

Kids will eat cookies and drink soda all day too if their parents don't step in and control what they're taking in.

no photo
Thu 08/28/14 08:30 AM
On topic..your pics are good, but you need to fill out your profile with infromation about yourself.

no photo
Wed 08/27/14 09:10 PM
So happy for you both and wishing you all the best!flowerforyou drinker

no photo
Wed 08/27/14 08:58 PM

My boyfriend was in a bad marriage and we had a wonderful relationship over two years. Month and half ago he left his wife lives in an apartment. Now he want to live alone to figure out what he want and doesn't want to be in a relationship He saying he doesn't want to go back.What should i do? Give him space or what? Please don't criticize.
Thank you

Consider it a lesson learned and move on.

no photo
Wed 08/27/14 08:54 PM
Prayers lifted and keeping good thoughts for you, and Brian's friends and family.

no photo
Wed 08/27/14 08:48 PM

no photo
Wed 08/27/14 08:47 PM

no photo
Wed 08/27/14 08:34 PM

no photo
Wed 08/27/14 02:52 PM
I need for folks to stay on topic.

Welcome to Mingle flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 08/27/14 02:21 PM
Every old fart in the world goes on about the music that young people like being rubbish....

<---- "old fart" ...*turns up her oldies*

http://mingle2.com/topic/reply/409086:banana:

no photo
Wed 08/27/14 01:42 PM
Very sweet!

Yep, found mine too...they actually DO exist, sometimes where you least expect, sometimes when least expect it, and almost always, someone you least expected.

no photo
Wed 08/27/14 10:50 AM
Or this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiiyq2xrSI0

no photo
Wed 08/27/14 10:43 AM
Yeah, that was a pretty poignant eye opener as to what we've became to view as acceptable, and what we allow to invade the minds of our youth. This music promotes a view of men, women, and love and sex that undoubetedly will affect how boys and girls see themseleves and their roles in relationships.

My neighbor has two daughters junior high and high school age. They were listening to this crap when I was there the other day. Words I got my mouth washed out with soap for saying at their age blaring from the speakers, the girls copying the dancing, which could only be described as vulgar, and their mom was amused by it. I just shook my head in disbelief, came home and turned up my 50s-60 oldies, music that didn't make me blush or feel dirty, like this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CNA8b-6L2E

no photo
Tue 08/26/14 01:58 PM
Congratulations!flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 08/26/14 07:36 AM
Happy Birthday, Mark! Hope ya had a great one!

no photo
Sat 08/23/14 02:06 PM

It saddening that pre-marital
sex has taken over our
time. In the past most of our
men would disassociate
themselves with girls who
have been deflowered
outside wedlock. Then a
woman's virginity was her
pride but time has changed
& human beings have
changed. Maybe we should
blame civilisation or
modernization. The Pride of
a women now is...?

Right there with that gal being deflowered is a guy more than willing to accomplish the task, so a certain amount of 'blame' has to be on the guy's shoulders as well. This is a double standard, no matter how you spin it, always has been.

Deflowering is an old fashion, out dated term, as old fashion and outdated as the idea that virginity for women must be preserved until marriage. Women are more educated, more independent, more in tune with themselves and their lives and what they want than ever before, and not likely to allow an old fashion notion of purity determine how they proceed in a relationship... unless it is against their will.

no photo
Fri 08/22/14 07:43 PM
Did you know...this is such a great topic! flowerforyou *hugs*

no photo
Fri 08/22/14 07:40 PM
:thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 08/22/14 06:15 PM
Great pics and one of the nicest put together profiles I've seen. Welcome, and good luck!

no photo
Wed 08/20/14 08:31 PM
Yeah, and I don't breathe....

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25