Sun 02/19/12 03:03 AM
hot boxing my closet rox
probation sux D:

pikles's photo
Sun 02/19/12 02:36 AM
single again, after 1 year and 8 months. xD

pikles's photo
Sun 02/19/12 02:24 AM

The first link was about the HTC ban, but the second was about android patent infringements. It's a similar situation.

Similar in the sense that it will have no effect on android sales in the US?

It so weird, there are hundreds of blogs and news articles out there with a headline saying "Anrdoid phones banned" or some variation... but within the first paragraph its made clear that this will have no real effect on the sale of HTC's android devices.

But we already knew that people love dramatic, misleading headlines.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/12/htc-already-has-a-workaround-for-its-us-ban/

Yeah, and gotta love that it ONLY affects HTC devices, not all Androids.
Blegh, everyone trying to sue the opensource community for copywright infringement. Totally fckn bogus.

Just wanted to say, I totally fckn agreed about the comment you left about hating how apple locks it's devices down.
Then again, I hate that several Motorolas are like that as well, and some other Android devices that are out there, but I like that the CORE OS, is as open and allowable as can be while maintaining some degree of security.

pikles's photo
Sun 02/19/12 02:12 AM
Tried Ubuntu recently, but with Unity, like GNome3, I'm just completely disappointed. I'm not a fan of forcing users to use a certain interface for computing. That's why I liked gnome2, you could make it yours, have as much or as little as you wanted.

Anywho, tried Kubuntu as an alternative, ran too slow and at almost a gig of memory after a fresh install on first boot.
Mint - Couldn't really get into, being based on Ubuntu. I know they have a kde spin, and I've heard great things, but the VirtualBox install left a bad taste in my mouth.
Debian - KDE out of the box SUCKED. Couldn't get Composite to work, and trust me, I tried opensource and proprietary drivers for my video card.
ArchLinux - couldn't get kde to start, and again, I hate gnome3.

FINALLY rediscovered my love of Fedora.
KDE running, uses only ~340Mb of ram (still heavy, but meh).
No ugly xfce or lxde crap, just my lovely kde xD

sry, just had to rant about the current state of linux distros in the world.

I'm glad there's a fork of gnome2, I really, REALLY hope it lasts.

pikles's photo
Sun 02/19/12 02:02 AM
Nice, I love using live usb's of Arch Linux and tools like scalpel, or just a simple hex editor to recover data. Like you said, it can be a fun hobby.

pikles's photo
Fri 02/03/12 01:26 AM
Nice dude, I rly like the things you post up.

Keep up the great work!

pikles's photo
Fri 02/03/12 12:28 AM
Edited by pikles on Fri 02/03/12 12:28 AM

I eat fish but the rest of my diet is vegetarian.

waving hello and welcome from the UK.

pescatarian*

that's the correct term for your diet. lol

p.s.
I am a practicing vegan :D

welcome :]

pikles's photo
Fri 02/03/12 12:07 AM

oreos.

and why bh was eating glitter. o.O

mmm, oreos... :D~

pikles's photo
Thu 02/02/12 11:59 PM
Edited by pikles on Fri 02/03/12 12:01 AM

android is google's version of linux.

HawaiiMusikMan has nailed the rest.

Not quite... Yes, roms can be what he described, but not in this case, in this case it's a customized version of the AndroidOS, apps, and features specifically targeted for that model phone.

And same with rooting, again, yes it can mean that, it can also mean to gain "root" level or "administrator" access to the device, allowing you to access and modify files and directories that would otherwise be locked. A lot of companies are making this harder to do these days, HTC being the exception as they encourage modifying your phone for your needs, the WHOLE FCKN POINT OF ANDROID/LINUX/ETC IN THE FIRST PLACE.

plz don't pass on incorrect information ;p

Oh, and I for one, love the idea of KDE on a ATOM device, much more than I do Android, but to me, linux is linux, so for now I take Android on the devices I can't get another distro onto.

pikles's photo
Sat 11/06/10 12:19 PM

Think i should start reading Forum Rules ...Am sorry guys

Me too, didn't mean to offend anyone.

I'll keep my big fat mouth shut in the future.

But hey kiss, it was rly fun talking to you today :]

pikles's photo
Sat 11/06/10 12:12 PM

Hopefully the Mods are paying attention.

what was so wrong with that post that warrants the need for a mod to be reviewing it?

This is just the shortest one that fits from 'FORUM RULES':
5) No derogatory or offensive references to sex, gender, ethnicity, religions, sexual orientation, body type, or intelligence level.

looks like the only one, but like i said, sorry, i'll drop it.

and i've seen other posts of ppl violating that rule worse than i, but w/e.
one lil chump whines because he doesn't like what is being said...

even she is ok with this conversation, as i stated before, it's all in good fun, not to be taken seriously.

but dropped for now, i suppose.

pikles's photo
Sat 11/06/10 12:09 PM
Edited by pikles on Sat 11/06/10 12:10 PM
ok, sorry about that then.

pikles's photo
Sat 11/06/10 12:06 PM
Edited by pikles on Sat 11/06/10 12:08 PM

Here to stay 2 ..get used to it ...

that's fine, i never expected you to leave.

although, that dog, (if that's the dog that ate the cat) clearly should not have been left alone with a cat if you were not 100% positive of how the two animals would interact without you being present.

I hope no one lets you babysit their kids.
*rolls eyes*
am babysitting at the moment wow your good ! LMAO

tsk tsk, those poor kids...

I mean, you pretty much prove my point, by sitting on the computer... means you are obviously NOT spending time with them, or if you are, you aren't giving them your undivided attention. Which is something most children require, and if they don't, then they still deserve it.

RUUUUUUUUN KIDS!!! RUN! GET OUT!!!!

oh., and it's you're, not your.

i thought you were in college?
how did you manage to graduate highschool, let alone get into a college?
is it even a real college?

pikles's photo
Sat 11/06/10 12:04 PM

Hopefully the Mods are paying attention.

what was so wrong with that post that warrants the need for a mod to be reviewing it?

pikles's photo
Sat 11/06/10 12:01 PM

I'm from my mother's belly, in FL.

Wow! Usually an Earthling comes from its mother's womb.
pikles must be from some other planet, too. . . Uranus?

har har...
coming from the guy who looks like he's from the planet nambla...

and i thought we went over this, i'm omnipotent, I wasn't born the way you simpletons where born.

pikles's photo
Sat 11/06/10 11:57 AM

Here to stay 2 ..get used to it ...

that's fine, i never expected you to leave.

although, that dog, (if that's the dog that ate the cat) clearly should not have been left alone with a cat if you were not 100% positive of how the two animals would interact without you being present.

I hope no one lets you babysit their kids.
*rolls eyes*

pikles's photo
Sat 11/06/10 11:50 AM
Not me. I hadn't reached any conclusions, I only had questions.

you don't count.

you are just another simple clown in my family fun time circus.

pikles's photo
Sat 11/06/10 11:49 AM

I should apologize for my sudden outburst.....to tell truth i was falling asleep so i ran with it ...am not an angry person ....hope you can look past these couple post i have written ....just so you knw i accept the fact that i was abit irresponsible but when situation like driving your neighbour who suffering frm an heart condition to the hospital ,wouldnt have the time to think about the pets -but i should ....
If you judge people you never get to knw them...

damn right you should apologize, don't let that ish happen again.

and no, i wasn't taking notes, it's called a brain, i use mine, maybe you should try it sometime.
that is, if you have one.

did i say i knew everything? no. I simply stated you messed up, but I'm glad we both agree on that point finally.
I "seems" to never mess up?
nah, i do, i'm human too. but at least I spell check myself before hitting that "Post" button.
lulz

and i wasn't judging, it's called trolling, get used to it, cuz i'm here to stay.

pikles's photo
Sat 11/06/10 11:06 AM

dnt give a flying **** what you or anybody else has to say i made a mistake ..she forgave me i had a fcuking logical explanation ..before you jump dem guns hear the complete story
Nosy mudafcker

you posted it in a public forum, and didn't explain the whole story,
i'm not nosey, (notice though, i can spell?)
and if you don't care what i think, you wouldn't be getting so defensive,
go cry a little bit, because I passed judgement on you and it wasn't what you wanted to hear.
I know, that with all the amazing glory that is me judging you,
and that judgement saying that you are a fck up and prolly always will be,
is pretty fckn devistating to your self esteem, assuming you actually have any.

oh, and i woulda thrown a chocalate shake on you too,
yer not fckn cute, so that top deff wasn't sexy,
at least not when worn by a troll like you.

good day.

pikles's photo
Sat 11/06/10 10:58 AM
w/e your day job is bro, don't quit it...
this sucked hard

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11