Community > Posts By > pikles

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 12:44 PM

A kindergarten teacher handed out a coloring page to her class. On it was a picture of a duck holding an umbrella. The teacher told her class to color the duck in yellow and the umbrella green, however, Little Johnny, the class rebel, colored the duck in a bright fire truck red.

After seeing this, the teacher asked him: "Johnny, how many times have you see a red duck?"

Little Johnny replied, "The same number of times I've seen a duck holding an umbrella."

i rly hope that's my kid one day...

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 10:53 AM

i'm thinking that i hate working in tech support.

and that people should be required to take a basic iq test before using a Computer.

Fine... I'll take your damn IQ test if you MoFos stop putting me on hold mad

I'll stop putting you on hold when you stop calling because you can't login to hotmail!!!

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 10:26 AM
you forgot to mention that most of them are skanks.

gotta love that...

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 10:23 AM
tampa here too

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 10:22 AM
Tampa also

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 10:00 AM

all browsers allow 3r party cookies

FALSE!

Almost all browsers can be configured to block 3rd party cookies.

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 09:58 AM
Opera is MORE secure than ff, but FF is faster, and better at rendering...
And, FF has an opensource variant...

FF, is is more secure than IE, and if locked down properly, and used along with safe browsing habits, can be truely secure.

It's always up to the individual user.

Also, a safe browser does one little good with an insecure OS.

Linux - ftw
;]

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 09:54 AM
switch to linux, use xfs, ext4, or some other amazing filesystem not supported by Windows/OS X ;]

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 09:51 AM

maybe it's because VISTA SUCKS!!!!
[/quote

Windows Sucks

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 09:37 AM
Google's evils have been known for a long time, them, yahoo, microsoft, and others are all equally bad. Most of them have deals with the chinese government as far as releasing users' information, search history, etc...

These days, you have to go for the smaller companies, the ones who still care about users before income, not vice versa.

There are several articles which mention the chinese issue, and like one poster mentioned, the FBI issues as well.

It's not paranoia anymore, the internet is unsafe.

It's even less safe using an insecure OS like Windows on top of it ;]

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 09:33 AM

Could be, perhaps.

Although, I watch zombie movies a lot and CSI. Play a lot of baseball games, even Skate 1-2, and blog. Love History Channel, Science Channel, Discovery Channel, well, really, anything related to Discovery. Love some anime, and still watch cartoons.

You have some catching up to do.smokin

Dang, if watching zombie movies qualifies you as a geek, I must be geek royalty, not only do I watch zombie movies, but I love zombie flicks like Redneck Zombies and I Was A Teenage Zombie.

I want to be this kind of geek:

Yes, my fried, you are in fact a geek. Both you and me take zombie movies from just simple like/dislike, to a complete fascination...we are obsessed, we are geeks.smokin

zombie survival guide - ftw
xD

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 09:30 AM

I didn't follow the links but why not just start from debian.org and build your own super-awesome OS?
No offense. I'm just sayin...

the part that says "NEW: Based on Ubuntu 10.10" essentially means "full of bloat,
and a Piece of Crap!"

Along those same lines - switch to Arch and Build a sleek, and ever more super awesome OS ;]

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 09:27 AM
Arch Linux xD

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 09:21 AM
i'm thinking that i hate working in tech support.

and that people should be required to take a basic iq test before using a Computer.

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 09:06 AM
rock on.

pikles's photo
Mon 11/01/10 09:03 AM
my smokes and my laptop xD

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next