Community > Posts By > t22learner

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/01/08 06:22 PM
lol... You could be right. The expectations are so low for her, that anything short of an huge gaffe will be considered a huge success... Long, rambling, disjointed answers won't go over well though...

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/01/08 06:08 PM
Baloney. They both get the same questions. If her debate performance is anything like her interviews, it's going to be a train wreck.

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/01/08 05:59 PM

SARAH PALIN has an 85% APPROVAL rating...

Something you can't spin...

She's awash in oil tax revenues and returned some to taxpayers. That's the basis of her approval rating.

your point is

If you don't get the point, I can't help you.

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/01/08 05:53 PM
I'm really feeling bad for Sarah Palin... I mean, seriously, other then stuff from school like the Dred Scott case or Plessy v. Ferguson, I can't name a Supreme Court case... However... Exxon Shipping Co. v. Baker was an Alaska case decided in June and Gov. Palin spoke out against the decision. I guess she forgot...

Katie Couric asked which decisions, other than Roe v. Wade, she disagreed with:

PALIN: Well, let's see. There's --of course --in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings, there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American. And there are -- those issues, again, like Roe v Wade where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So you know -- going through the history of America, there would be others but--"

COURIC: Can you think of any?

PALIN: Well, I could think of -- of any again, that could be best dealt with on a more local level. Maybe I would take issue with. But you know, as mayor, and then as governor and even as a Vice President, if I'm so privileged to serve, wouldn't be in a position of changing those things but in supporting the law of the land as it reads today."

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/01/08 05:29 PM
I think "lying" may be a little strong. Imo, a person can have faith in a god without believing in every literal story of a holy book.

I look forward to seeing Maher's film.

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/01/08 05:13 PM
Smart is good.

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/01/08 04:54 PM
The Washington Times is a newspaper owned by Reverend Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church.

Let's discuss when this hits a reputable news source.

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/01/08 04:48 PM
I'm sure she'd prefer Sean Hannity tossing her softballs. I guess we'll just have to see if Ms. Ifill is fair. Unless of course the McCain campaign uses this as an excuse to pull her out of the debate. That wouldn't surprise me.

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/01/08 04:44 PM

SARAH PALIN has an 85% APPROVAL rating...

Something you can't spin...

She's awash in oil tax revenues and returned some to taxpayers. That's the basis of her approval rating.

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/01/08 04:35 PM

It's people who are too partisan

You don't say...

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/01/08 03:38 AM
It seems you're blaming Barack Obama for this mess. Wow. Considering the magnitude of the crisis, it seems the guy you constantly berate for being an "empty suit" has actually been quite influential.

Hack.

t22learner's photo
Tue 09/30/08 06:01 PM
Edited by t22learner on Tue 09/30/08 06:02 PM
This fits part of the thread title...

"Katie Couric asked what newspapers and magazines she reads, Palin - a journalism major in college - could not name one publication."

"I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media," she said at first. Couric responded, "What, specifically?"

"Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years."

"Can you name a few?"

"I have a vast variety of source where we get our news."

Wow.

t22learner's photo
Tue 09/30/08 05:17 PM

and absolutly no support from the parties in power.

I was going to ask War, but AB, chime in... Why does the Republican establishment spurn Paul?

t22learner's photo
Tue 09/30/08 05:07 PM
Edited by t22learner on Tue 09/30/08 05:08 PM
Hey welcome back, Woody. How was Elba?

Edit: My bad... Still in exile.

t22learner's photo
Tue 09/30/08 04:46 PM
ARod has hurt Yankee chemistry, they are old, and their pitching needs to be overhauled. My team, the defending World Series Champion Boston Red Sox have won their championships with pitching, the same way the Yankees did last century.

Hope this helps.

t22learner's photo
Tue 09/30/08 04:41 PM
Don't forget, you Republicans have till the 10th. :wink:

t22learner's photo
Tue 09/30/08 04:39 PM

My real point is these orgs are so partisan & political

Hmmm... Well you should run one so it will be non-partisan and non-political... You know, in your image.

t22learner's photo
Tue 09/30/08 04:34 PM

im black from the waiste downbigsmile

Whoa. Really? That pool must have been really cold.

t22learner's photo
Tue 09/30/08 04:30 PM
Yawn.

t22learner's photo
Tue 09/30/08 04:27 PM
Delusions of Grandpa.