Community > Posts By > oldkid46

oldkid46's photo
Fri 12/27/19 07:38 AM

That is not an issue of her being female so much as her being sounding board for Trump.

As usual Ms. Harmony, you make a sweeping statement that makes further argument fruitless so allow me to put up a hypothetical situation.

Let's say in 2024 elections the Republicans nominate this lady and assume that the Democrat nominee is a man.

Carly Fiona is a soft spoken, highly respected lady but is through and through a Conservative that makes Trump look like a school boy carrying his back pack of books.

Would you vote for her - if she were the only woman candidate?

And Gentlemen, the reason I enjoy posting pictures of these ladies is because it's rare to find such women of unusual caliber - excluding our few Mingle ladies of course.

I was responding to a sweeping statement that democrats would have hated a female.

And no, I don't vote for genders, I vote for candidates. I would vote for her IF I thought she was the best candidate, and I would not if I did not.

Other black candidates ran before Obama. He was the first one I voted for because I thought he was the best candidate.

Other females ran besides Hilary in my lifetime, and she is the first I voted for because I thought SHE was the best candidate.

The best candidates, for me,

1, have experience working within the THREE branches of Government to understand the authority and limitations of their position and branch and a demonstrable understanding and knowledge of the constitution

2, have experience working in the non profit or public sector showing actual interest in helping people and/or military leadership that shows understanding of the duties of a CIC

3, and a character of maturity, respectability, diplomacy and integrity so they represent us well when interacting on the global stage with other leaders.

Democrats have so far put a female and a minority candidate up for their presidential nominations, so again, I question why there would be any concern as to gender or race in how democrats align with candidates?

While those characteristics form the basis for a candidate you would support they form the basis for me of a candidate I would not consider supporting. There lies the difference between a democrat progressive and a fiscal conservative or libertarian.

What is 'progressive' about wanting to fill a position with someone that has experience, knowledge, integrity and respectability?

Are those negatives for 'fiscal conservatives'?

No, they are not negatives but your definition of what they mean is. Experience: operating and managing a very large national or international enterprise. Knowledge: both formal education and real life education. Integrity: being who you say you are. Respectability: earned by the things you have accomplished in life and how you treat other people.

In my opinion, most politicians fall far short in many of those areas. I know there are people who would make an excellent President but they are too intelligent to even consider getting into the political quagmire!

oldkid46's photo
Thu 12/26/19 09:10 PM

Please explain the "90 hours"?

If your date lasts one hour per week, then after 90 weeks
If it lasts two hours per week, after 45 weeks

If it lasts ten hours per day... after 9 days! bigsmile
So if we spend a week of vacation together, sex should happen on day 4??? Or is that when we can start discussing the topic? Sorry but I don't have that much time to throw away to find out IF you have any desire to be sexually active. At an hour per week and 90 weeks, another 5 or 6 women and I'll probably be dead or no longer have any interest in a sex life.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 12/26/19 08:59 PM

That is not an issue of her being female so much as her being sounding board for Trump.

As usual Ms. Harmony, you make a sweeping statement that makes further argument fruitless so allow me to put up a hypothetical situation.

Let's say in 2024 elections the Republicans nominate this lady and assume that the Democrat nominee is a man.

Carly Fiona is a soft spoken, highly respected lady but is through and through a Conservative that makes Trump look like a school boy carrying his back pack of books.

Would you vote for her - if she were the only woman candidate?

And Gentlemen, the reason I enjoy posting pictures of these ladies is because it's rare to find such women of unusual caliber - excluding our few Mingle ladies of course.

I was responding to a sweeping statement that democrats would have hated a female.

And no, I don't vote for genders, I vote for candidates. I would vote for her IF I thought she was the best candidate, and I would not if I did not.

Other black candidates ran before Obama. He was the first one I voted for because I thought he was the best candidate.

Other females ran besides Hilary in my lifetime, and she is the first I voted for because I thought SHE was the best candidate.

The best candidates, for me,

1, have experience working within the THREE branches of Government to understand the authority and limitations of their position and branch and a demonstrable understanding and knowledge of the constitution

2, have experience working in the non profit or public sector showing actual interest in helping people and/or military leadership that shows understanding of the duties of a CIC

3, and a character of maturity, respectability, diplomacy and integrity so they represent us well when interacting on the global stage with other leaders.

Democrats have so far put a female and a minority candidate up for their presidential nominations, so again, I question why there would be any concern as to gender or race in how democrats align with candidates?

While those characteristics form the basis for a candidate you would support they form the basis for me of a candidate I would not consider supporting. There lies the difference between a democrat progressive and a fiscal conservative or libertarian.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 12/26/19 08:44 PM
While it is possible, I don't think it is practical for most people. Their morality and their self image will not allow them to accept any type situation outside of monogamy. For those few who can embrace a polyamory lifestyle, it probably is an almost perfect loving, supportive relationship.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 12/26/19 08:03 AM

Really? Men who message inquiring about sex are just desperate ho's who don't have any self esteem and that's their way of picking the easy ones out of the herd . I mean who in there right mind is going to have sex with someone they don't even know? 90 hours is a good time to at least find enough out about that person, if they a psycho, a retard, or just wanting sex.
Please explain the "90 hours"?

oldkid46's photo
Tue 12/24/19 10:48 AM
What a poor game to watch. Vikings chocked and had their butts kicked for it. Neither one of them is going anyplace in the playoffs!

oldkid46's photo
Tue 12/24/19 07:23 AM
Yes, shocking!!!! Why would someone think others would be interested in talking about sex? Terribly unpleasant conversation topic. Worse than religion or politics!!! All should be banned from the internet!!!!!!!rant explode

oldkid46's photo
Tue 12/24/19 07:07 AM
Force yourself to be out in public most days. Start to build a social life for yourself. So many ways to do this from being a volunteer for something, to taking some type of class, visiting a mid morning coffee shop, to doing a happy hour several times a week. Find what is a "fit" for you; try different things until you get there!

oldkid46's photo
Mon 12/23/19 07:52 AM
This is simple!

NO drugs
Limited gambling
Limited shopping
May not smoke in my presence

Most things from there we can deal with.

oldkid46's photo
Fri 12/20/19 07:39 AM

1. the House votes on Articles of impeachment (2 charges)
2. the leaders of House & Senate agree on rules of trial
3. AFTER agreement on rules the trial commences
4. the Senate acting as jurors take an oath to be fair and unbiased
5. the evidence is provided according to the rules of agreement
6. the jurors decision is limited to remove/or not remove the president...

that is it, nothing else---if the Senate votes to remove the president
he now is considered no more than any other citizen and can be prosecuted
for any criminal charges brought against him...

if they vote not to remove he will remain and business of the government
will go forth as usual...

Trump HAS been IMPEACHED, that will never change
it is still unknown if he will remain...

at present we are on step number 2

Thank you for the concise explanation.happy
There was an op-ed this morning by a law professor stating that there was no impeachment until the articles of impeachment were delivered to the Senate for trial.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 12/19/19 08:01 AM

It is becoming more obvious that it is all about politics. The vote totals reflect that and now Pelosi is talking about not forwarding the articles of impeachment to the Senate. That will give the democrats the ability to claim Trump has been impeached during the 2020 election. They only have to stretch this whole political mess out 11 months!! It will also free up the democrat senators running for president to continue with their campaigns. It is almost the same as you being arrested, charged with a crime and have it on the front page of your newspaper but never having a trial to prove your guilt or innocence.

I heard that. In the news conference, however, which happened the same day as the vote to impeach, all I actually HEARD her say was that they were not making a choice about that YET, which sounds reasonably like they are actually going to make an INFORMED choice instead of just appeasing press with quick soundbytes.
Time will show the intent but the House should not have the option to not send it to the Senate. Possibly another squabble the Judicial Branch will need to resolve.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 12/19/19 07:57 AM

Things like giving military secrets to our enemies. Ordering our military or others to attack our citizens. Taking taxpayer money for personal use. Taking away some group's constitutional rights. Giving taxpayer money away to others.

how about withholding taxpayer money from others in return for personal favors?
The "for personal favors" is the underlying question. That was the twist put on his conversations. I believe he asked for an investigation of Burisma and any relationship between Ukraine and the 2016 election interference. Just because these investigations might lead to some connection to the DNC or Bidens is not relevant.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 12/19/19 06:42 AM
Are you talking about the laws passed in 2018? I'm not aware of any new legislation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Enabling_Sex_Traffickers_Act

oldkid46's photo
Thu 12/19/19 06:37 AM
It is becoming more obvious that it is all about politics. The vote totals reflect that and now Pelosi is talking about not forwarding the articles of impeachment to the Senate. That will give the democrats the ability to claim Trump has been impeached during the 2020 election. They only have to stretch this whole political mess out 11 months!! It will also free up the democrat senators running for president to continue with their campaigns. It is almost the same as you being arrested, charged with a crime and have it on the front page of your newspaper but never having a trial to prove your guilt or innocence.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 12/19/19 06:27 AM
Things like giving military secrets to our enemies. Ordering our military or others to attack our citizens. Taking taxpayer money for personal use. Taking away some group's constitutional rights. Giving taxpayer money away to others.

oldkid46's photo
Wed 12/18/19 08:19 PM
I know there are a few in Minnesota. I think I would consider 1 of my brothers a real cowboy. He lives on a small ranch; he trains and shows horses. He use to do some of the rodeo stuff. His camper is a 4 place horse trailer with a small RV in the front. Yes he wears those silly boots and hat along with playing the guitar. He is also very taken!!

oldkid46's photo
Wed 12/18/19 07:42 PM
I believe a party would vote to remove a President via impeachment if there was really something to it. Something like lying to Congress or obstruction isn't it. Both Clinton and Trump should never have had impeachment voted on them.

oldkid46's photo
Tue 12/17/19 08:22 PM

rights and responsibilities go hand in hand, imho. There is no absolute right that applies always and no matter what. Details matter. Where one person's rights end and another begins is not so black and white. Expecting some responsibility within those rights is, imho, what makes us 'civilized'.

this reminds me of something my father used to say....

"you have the right to swing your fist around as wildly and as much
as you want, but that right ends at the tip of my nose"

i don't know if he got it from somewhere else or not, but i learned it from him...
anyway for what it's worth, I pass it on here...

A simple way to explain the truth and limitations of rights. You have the right to do most anything until it interferes with mine, then they end.

oldkid46's photo
Tue 12/17/19 07:51 AM
It is about family! When he wants to get acquainted with yours and he wants you to join him when he visits his family. Then he is thinking of you in the long term and how you will interact with his family.

oldkid46's photo
Mon 12/16/19 08:03 PM

yes winter driving can be difficult. makes me wonder why I complain about the weather in the summer
heat, humidity, thunderstorms, and tornadoes.