Community > Posts By > oldkid46

oldkid46's photo
Tue 12/12/23 04:29 PM
Are there other members who are also winter Texans?
Gets too cold up here in the north country!

oldkid46's photo
Tue 12/12/23 04:25 PM
If your honest, yes. The dishonest ones are never going to accept some real location anyway.

oldkid46's photo
Sun 10/15/23 09:26 AM
Could be fun but I doubt anyone wants to see a senior without much clothes on!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 10/15/23 09:12 AM
Just seeing 1 picture of someone makes likes a crap shoot with the expected results.

oldkid46's photo
Tue 09/19/23 12:00 PM
Several local. small bars and clubs I frequent have a sign that says they won't accept credit or debit cards. The arrow on the sign points the way to the ATM where the customer can get cash at their expense to pay the business.

oldkid46's photo
Sun 09/17/23 08:31 AM
Most adult men are not looking for just that 1 night unless they are not available for a longer term. If you have found a sexually compatible partner, why would you not enjoy night 2 or night 102? A few men believe they can find a sex partner anytime they want and a few can. The rest of us are not that popular nor socially adept that finding a new partner is easy.

oldkid46's photo
Mon 09/04/23 07:48 PM
The charge isn't to the consumer but to the merchant who accepts the card. Some merchants here in the US are adding in a "convenience fee" to the purchaser for using the card.

oldkid46's photo
Wed 08/03/22 07:36 PM

I really have no idea what anybody is talking about these "coins", but I will say there are far too many people complaining about this "free" web site. I suppose they figure why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? How much is premium service? Like $6 a month? If everybody had to pay that many of the scammers would go away, and if you can't afford $6 a month you probably shouldn't be looking for a date, or you should go out and get a job and make better use of your free time. Nothing is keeping you here so if POF or another site gives you what you need you are not trapped here. There is no such thing as a "free lunch", I'd really like to help you out, which way did you come in?
I would have no problem with paying a membership fee for a useful site that actually had members that chatted or dated. Those who are here 0nly for the social function should join facebook.

oldkid46's photo
Wed 08/03/22 07:31 PM
POF is the same waste as Mingle. Nothing of value other than some BS.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 07/21/22 08:50 AM
You and your wife need to really talk about what you both need from your marriage. If you or her can't meet the others needs, then you both have a decision to make: either you both accept an open marriage or decide to get divorced. There are no other options if you want to have a fulfilling future!!

oldkid46's photo
Thu 07/21/22 08:42 AM
Mingle is good for some humor and a few interesting topics in the forums. It is useless as a dating site!!

oldkid46's photo
Mon 07/18/22 03:50 PM
Rocker here, especially metal and hair bands!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 07/09/22 08:19 PM
It's called "being on a river" such as the Mississippi.

oldkid46's photo
Tue 07/05/22 10:44 AM
If you are looking for a long term, serious relationship, you probably want a narrower age range. This should be expanded as we get older when health issues effect their lifestyle. If you are looking for a casual friendship/relationship, then the age range is less important as each may provide what the other is looking for at the moment.

oldkid46's photo
Sat 07/02/22 08:09 AM
There is a section in the forums dedicated to each state, you might want to visit or post in the one for Iowa.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 06/30/22 03:59 PM
Marriage was created centuries ago in an attempt by the church to force men to support their offspring and their mother.

oldkid46's photo
Tue 06/28/22 08:15 PM
I just did a search on here for ladies 50-70 within 25 miles. I got 5 returns but only 1 has been on here in the last month. When I open up the age group to include 30 and above, I find many more ladies on Mingle. I doubt most 30 and 40 yer olds have much of an honest interest in someone twice their age! Geographic area and population have a lot to do with who is out there.

oldkid46's photo
Sun 06/26/22 09:36 AM
Statistically, men die before women as we all age. That means there are more women than men as we get into older age groups. Where do all these older women disappear to as you don't find them on dating sites and you don't generally find them out socializing?? Do they just stay at home and let the world pass them by? Are they just anti-social as they age?

oldkid46's photo
Sun 06/12/22 07:59 AM

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61772039
Thousands of protesters are gathering across the US to call for stricter gun laws in the wake of last month's mass shooting in Texas.

Gun safety group March For Our Lives - founded by survivors of the 2018 Parkland school shooting - said some 450 rallies were planned for Saturday.

It said it would not let politicians "sit back" as people continue to die.

US President Joe Biden backed the protests, calling on Congress to "pass common sense gun safety legislation".

Nineteen children and two adults were killed in the 24 May shooting at Robb Elementary in Uvalde, Texas.

That attack, and another days earlier in Buffalo, New York, in which 10 people were killed, has led to renewed calls for action on gun control in the US.

Girls at March For Our Lives demonstration in Washington

March For Our Lives (MFOL) said political leaders' inaction was killing Americans.

"We will no longer allow you to sit back while people continue to die," Trevon Bosley, a MFOL board member, said in a statement.

Speaking to protesters in Washington DC, one of the survivors of the Parkland shooting, David Hogg, said the killings of children in Uvalde "should fill us with rage and demands for change, not endless debate, but demands for change, now."

Garnell Whitfield, whose 86-year-old mother was killed in the racially-motivated shooting in Buffalo, New York on 14 May, told crowds in Washington: "We are here to demand justice.

"We are here to stand with those who are bold enough to demand sensible gun legislation."

Among other policies, MFOL has called for an assault weapons ban, universal background checks for those trying to purchase guns and a national licensing system, which would register gun owners.

Rallies are being held in cities including Washington, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.

Your "sensible" gun rules are not sensible and should be discarded. When will the anti-guns be willing to engage in actual discussions with the opposing viewpoint?

oldkid46's photo
Sun 06/05/22 09:55 AM
Hi Bill, I too am in a similar situation. I guess my COPD isn't yet as bad as yours although I continue to have heart issues. Work closely with your medical providers and actively participate in your care. There are some drugs that can significantly improve your quality of life. I expect another 10-15 years living as best I can. It is far from hopeless!!! I also live alone and expect to spend the rest of my life alone other than friends and children.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25