Community > Posts By > oldkid46

oldkid46's photo
Tue 02/11/20 07:04 AM

Personally ...I do not care what you think about my facts ...
I believe them and thats all that matters ...

if Polios was childish for ripping up the papers ...

what was he when he did not shake her hand ...
I call that defiance from him in the beginning ...

the only thing he has done is play to the wealthy with the tax breaks...

now if you are that wealthy ...you will believe his lies ...
but others are not... and are and still being hurt by his decisions ...

again...they are in court and trying to over turn ... preexisting conditions...

an is trying to over turn ROW vs Wade ... and make it unsafe for women ...

now the wealthy will have all of these rights... becouse they are wealthy enough ...

but by taking this away ...is not just abortions... it is the pills contraceptives...+ the support for women ... that is not all they stand for is abortions ... again no i do not believe in late term abortions ... but having support... they can be told about adoptions ... it is less scary for a girl or women to have to go through this alone ...

believe me I am not blaming just one person here ... just the corruptions that... go through our systems to not make our vote count...

I stand for a lot of things ... I believe in having clean waters ... I believe in our country helping those get food and shelter as needed...

I believe in good jobs ...

did you know that some of the imaginations here today ... that are given a tax code to pay our government taxes for the work they do here...

I do not have to look up my fact ... I just listen to knowledgeable people who do not work for our government or have their hands in it ...
with stations that can tell the truth about what goes on ...

when there is so much more ... that would blow your minds ...

I have felt for the people for a long time ... ever since they took away healthcare if you went to another job ... and how they don't want the co. to have to give healthcare anymore ... becouse they will give you less hrs that does not approve healthcare ... sure some are making great $ in the energy's...but they don't last ... this is not permanent work... cost are rising on medications ...

we have co . that pollute our water ...to the ground we walk on and even take peoples land for their own profits ... and even deny climate change ...

I know all of this from listening to people... who like telling the truth ...

I do not want to be that mushroom ...that lives in the dark ...

I have always said take what you want to believe an leave the rest ... but when it happens to you ... bring your story's back ...so others may know ... ... in this time of disarray ... and that is putting it mildly ...

he came back with I am only cutting food stamp ... OMG the food pantries are going to need more food for people ... the churches might start helping ...

any food donations you give to the food pantry's ... will be a big help to them ... sad2
_________________________________________________________________________*

then there was a fake video going around where pelosi tore up the papers from his speak at the beginning ... the Dems wanted it taken down ... the GOP said let it go on ... which of course they live for lies ...

Where do you get this sh+t????

Food Stamps: requiring able bodied single people to have a part time job to have benefits.

Manipulated video of Pelosi: It was a bought ad on Facebook that Facebook refused to take down along with many other distorted political ads. Facebook has a policy of allowing those types of political ads; they call it political freedom of speech!!

oldkid46's photo
Mon 02/10/20 08:39 AM
I don't think it works very well for several reasons. We have a harder time picking through what people say and finding the truth. We are also more set in our ways and carry a lot of baggage. We are unwilling to take the risks required to be successful with internet dating; we are unwilling to just take the chance of meeting new people and see how it goes.

oldkid46's photo
Mon 02/10/20 08:32 AM
MsH: I think we both know we are on opposite sides of the political spectrum yet here we are sending the same message. I believe we both carefully read what the other posts; I do respect your opinion even if I don't totally agree with your point of view. I have to believe our country would be much stronger and able to make progress if our politicians were able to approach issues as we are able to do. Thank you!

oldkid46's photo
Mon 02/10/20 08:07 AM
Obviously several of you have not gone through a divorce where the courts took a large share of what you worked most of your life for and gave it to someone who contributed nearly nothing! Add in the rip off lawyers and it all leaves a very bitter aftertaste. If there are financial resources within a marriage irregardless of who contributed them, the courts (state) want to make sure the least capable has a substantial portion of the assets so the state will never have to support them. A part of the social welfare system!!!!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 02/09/20 05:51 PM
A couple of things for the recent posters:
There are still mostly honest, unbiased news sources. Start with the major 4 networks including FOX. Absolutely NOT their "news" programming by the pundits but their actual news normally shown in my part of the country at 5:30pm. Also there is some excellent programming on Sunday morning reflecting the national news.

When I and several others refer to the uneducated electorate, it has nothing to do with your agreeing with us! It is your ability to comprehend the written and spoken word. Also the ability to know when something is being reported with a bias or the facts being manipulated. It is commonly referred to as "drinking the kool aid" or being a sheeple!! Basically you swallow whatever line of BS is being given by the political pundits who support your point of view!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 02/09/20 12:42 PM
"Element two: that unfortunately contributed heavily to the conviction that science should be blindly applied to industry and business as well. America rapidly moved from idealizing people with good ideas, to idealizing the ones who managed to profit the most from how the ideas were MARKETED. It took about a decade or so for the leaders of American business to be replaced by Business Science leaders, but once they were in control, maximum profit alone, became the judge of whether a product was good or not. "

Along this line, I found a very good, in depth article on this: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/opinion-how-mckinsey-destroyed-the-middle-class/ar-BBZBcE2?li=BBnbfcN

oldkid46's photo
Sun 02/09/20 08:49 AM
I doubt most people will find the ability to read and understand what I'm writing. These opinions have come from many years of following the news and politics of our country; most younger people have not lived long enough to even grasp part of my message.

There have been many changes over the years that have gotten us to where we are now. There was a time when the news was reported by a few news services or TV news organizations. Basically everyone got the same news and it was reported without the interjection of opinion. Now it is very difficult to even find the news without opinion. It is a race for ratings and marketed to a particular demographic group through newspapers, cable news networks, or internet websites and all targeted toward a particular audience.

There was a time when political ads were aimed at showing what a political party and candidate believed in. There were no ads about how bad the opposing candidate was only contrasting what the opponent or his/her party believed in that was different. Now how often do you see a political ad that is based on the qualities of the candidate paying for the ad? We have seen more and more distortion of the facts both by the candidates and the news organizations backing those particular candidates.

We have also seen the changes in our electorate. People have developed shorter attention spans so anything you want to tell them must be boiled down to a few words in a sound byte. Add in the smart phones that many people use for their news and political content and everything must be in a few words or a short video clip; the 15 second ad. Often times it seems like people only get the headline and not the substance or nuance of what is presented. We can thank ourselves and our failing education system for this!

Enter in someone running for political office! That person now has to overcome the impediments to getting out their message. They have to do or say something that attracts the news cycle and that the electorate will remember. We can see this well with Trump being the very brash, condescending person and controlling the news cycle. We see just the opposite with Biden where very little of what he says ever makes the news cycle. The media is part of the key to the whole to the whole mess with their lousy, opinionated news cycle. It is all about the "spin" put on a comment by a politician. For example, Trump made a comment about looking at entitlements during has 2nd term when he was at the Davos forum. Some news organizations reported this with some information on possible ways to deal with the entitlement problem while others reported Trump wants to cut Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. Many people don't even seem to know what the term "entitlements" means in government jargon!!!

We, the people have brought on this whole sordid mess and political polarization with the help of the media and only we can fix it. I doubt if it will get better only worse until it effectively destroys our nation. Maybe when it is just about to explode, enough people will recognize the risks and demand change. I'm sorry but most great societies in history have been destroyed from within and we are on our way there today!!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 02/09/20 07:53 AM
In this many years I still have not found a place to fit in that I am happy with. Time to move on and make some changes and see if I find something more satisfying in life. Probably still be looking when I finally die!!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 02/09/20 07:45 AM

Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.

Lol, Men die later, live longer,when married. That says so much :smiley::heart:
Probably because married men are not out wasting their time looking for someone and therefore lead a less risky life. Now if only the quality of life were better being married!!frustrated

oldkid46's photo
Sat 02/08/20 12:57 PM

Most marriages are not successful!!

According to what evidence?

Marriage & divorce
Marriage & divorce

Marriage and divorce are both common experiences. In Western cultures, more than 90 percent of people marry by age 50. Healthy marriages are good for couples’ mental and physical health. They are also good for children; growing up in a happy home protects children from mental, physical, educational and social problems. However, about 40 to 50 percent of married couples in the United States divorce. The divorce rate for subsequent marriages is even higher.

Adapted from the Encyclopedia of Psychology

"According to the CDC, the divorce rate in the United States is 3.2 per 1,000 people." I think this is per year.

oldkid46's photo
Sat 02/08/20 11:19 AM

The meaning of marriage has shifted tremendous.
In the past people had little choice, once in you were in for life, even if it got seriously bad.
In those days its meaning was mostly societal and religiously based.
Now... we have free choice!
And with that comes a learning curve since we have not had that free choice and free will for thousands of years. So it's in its infancy, we are in 'relationship & marriage infancy'. It means we now have to find out how we want relationships and marriage to be, and we can shape that now without church & societal pressure.
Great! And sad most don't see or understand just how great that is. We are free, but it's almost like most prefer the be back in the shackles because then they think they have more security and control.
What we can have now is LOVE. Choosing to stay with someone every single day because we love them and choose to be with them.
Basically with this we can go back to pre-Christian and pre-patriarchal times and make bonds and connections from love and respect and free choice.
Now we have to learn to keep and make it great since we can no longer lean on the church and societal pillar of 'no way out' and thus not having to give a chit. If someone now bleeps up, it will fall apart.

So... to me marriage would be making a commitment from deep love and desire to spend my life with the man. And not because I have to but because I'd want to and choose to. Because I'd have this deep intense desire to be someone's wife and partner in every sense of the word, including being officially his wife.
I could agree with you IF the government stayed out of marriage but they won't and never will. They see it as their duty to protect incompetent people!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 02/08/20 10:49 AM

Does anyone know why Nancy Pelosi tore that paper up ...

becouse it was all lies ... he is in the courts now trying to get

preexisting conditions off health care ...

he is taking benefits away from the poor ...

cutting medicare & medicaid ...

and soon he will go after social security...

look I am not making this stuff up ...

sure do I like him H*ll No!

but the truth is he is pulling the wool over peoples eyes ...
and I do not understand why they believe him ...

my goodness he is not the chosen one as he says ...

if he was he would not be doing this to the people of the United states ...

just to pay the bills for their wars ...

he gave a raciest man... rush limbaugh the medal of freedom ...

when this person was past over ... one of our own military person ...
oh... there to give him just a mention... a mention ... big of the President ...

Administration officials last week had announced that Army veteran Tony Rankins would be among the featured guests and is expected to be mentioned by President Donald Trump in the prime-time event.

Rankins suffered post-traumatic stress disorder following his combat deployment to Afghanistan and became addicted to drugs, ending up in prison and subsequently homeless. The veteran turned his life around thanks to a job training program connected to opportunity zones in Cincinnati backed by administration programs

All this was a put together ...like he was running a game show ... I am surprised they did not have people with signs saying applause now ...

your biggest mistake this year ... will be to believe him ... but if you want the truth and facts of his action ... look them up ... or listen to stations that are not paid for by our military industrial projects ... free speech is a good one ... even RT America ... and so many more they are trying to remove the truth becouse they do not want you to know this ...

and they will try their damndist to remove votes and suppress votes ...

which they have already started ... and know we find its ok for other country's to corrupted and interfere with our voting system ...

when I get the time ...I want to put out ...how to make sure u get to vote ... so it is not suppress ... or just plain old thrown away ... if it is not what they want ...

Would you mind posting some references to your made up facts other than the democrats talking points?

oldkid46's photo
Sat 02/08/20 10:43 AM

It makes me sad that so many have a negative view of marriage.

As a widower I agree.
People complain about sour grapes because they themselves never had a successful marriage.
Most marriages are not successful!! Congratulations if you were one of the lucky ones!!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 02/08/20 10:39 AM
Can't even find an honest hooker anymore! All about ripping you off and giving nothing in return - just like on here!!!!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 02/08/20 07:29 AM
Only important if you are going to have children together.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 02/06/20 08:37 AM

I love the idea of a 3 party system. Keeping each other in check so we don't end up with a king or dictator.
Problem is, this only works if we can keep our leaders from becoming self serving and corrupt.

I do not care for the current administration as I see them not working for the people and not share my morals for the most part. No, I most certainly do not trust this president. Showing the country what he wants us to see, not what's really there. Can't even show us his taxes.

So I love my government, the idea is awesome, if we can keep it is the challenge.
We currently have a multiple party system. The problems are in getting enough support as the 2 major parties tend to take over their ideas if they get very strong. The other problems have to do with ballot access and the way Congress is set up to support the 2 party system. Lack of media coverage is also another issue.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 02/06/20 08:26 AM
Beaver, AR which is very near Busch, AR.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 02/06/20 08:20 AM

I don't want to live a non-white neighborhood whatsoever not even for free... I don't want to have nothing to do with them... I have never had a positive experience with blacks ever in my life... God knows I have tried. just stay away from him as far as possible.
That is your experience and depending on where you were raised and the quality of people of a specific race that lived there, you would develop such an attitude. I know others with similar experiences and attitudes. When your experience is with people of a different race who have similar social and economic beliefs as you, then you will see them not as an inferior person but someone who has the same values as yourself; then their race is no longer something you can use to predict who they actually are.

oldkid46's photo
Wed 02/05/20 06:52 AM
The government is only as trustworthy as the people in charge and those who work for them in government. Many of these have demonstrated their personal agendas or their incompetence at their jobs. Business gets the best and brightest while governments get the left overs with very little accountability. All you need to do is try and deal with someone in government and you will experience their ineptness! Latest example: the Iowa caucus fiasco with politicians in charge!

oldkid46's photo
Tue 02/04/20 08:10 PM
I'll put in a few things I learned going through marital problems. At 50 years of age you can afford to put another year or 2 into trying to get your marriage better while still being able to recover from a divorce. You need to start with a trip to a marriage counselor. If your wife won't go with you, you still need to go yourself. You will need to identify what is good about your marriage as well as what isn't working. You alluded to something that happened in the past, you need to be willing to talk about that with your councilor. Be honest or you will just be wasting your time. I hope your marriage is worth saving and you both are willing to put in the hard work it will take!

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25