Community > Posts By > Britty

Britty's photo
Wed 12/17/08 10:13 AM

Thank you Debs. Life is good. God is good, no, He is awesome!

This is not a bible study but it is a thought for the young and not so young Christian men.

If you read my profile, and state that in an email, I expect a decently written one.

My profile clearly states that I am engaged and not here looking for a relationship, so if you claim to be 'christian', I will hold you accountable as such.

Britty's photo
Wed 12/17/08 10:04 AM

Thank you very much for sharing that smiles.

I did not elaborate on my thoughts too much because I did not want you or anyone else to be offended. I often wondered as an 'idealistic' teenager how a woman would be able to tolerate her husband being a part of that, and be able to allow her young sons to be part of that regime.

As I have learnt over the years, life is not that simple, and I am sure many did what they felt they had to in order to survive. We cannot judge them for that until we have walked in their shoes.

"Today regardless of what you think of Germans, I am proud of my nationality. We have great philosophers, musicians, inventors, scholars, and we are considered the third strongest economy in the world. Not only do we have universal health care and education, we have a system that takes care of the people. We believe Health and Education is not a privilige, but a must for everyone in the country to have. College and University doesn't cost a cent, except for books and is equivalent to an American Degree. We have a health care system that the world envies. I can get a heart transplant without worrying about how much money I have to pay for this operation. I can get a education with a degree without leaving in a great debt of payments. I can go on and on about the greatness of Germany today, but I will leave it at that"

You should be rightly proud of your country!

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 12/17/08 09:01 AM
I find out of this discussion, the important thing for me is that I think most can agree that Hitler was an evil individual unfortunately as is the case with most dictators, he had the power to influence people and blind them to his real intent.

It is not so hard to imagine how people could be decieved by such a person. After surviving one world war, overpopulation, financial hardships, people are likely to accept anything that gives them hope. People will also refuse to see what they do not agree with in order to survive. It is human nature, it is not pleasant, but it happens.

Hitler had his own version of the bible, it is clear that his intent was to replace the bible with that, in effect people would be following him not Jesus. That does not represent Christianity to me, not in any shape or form.

To say Jesus is Aryan is ridiculous. That race is merely a theory. One cannot change who Jesus was and is, and still claim to be a real Christian.

Whatever man does, or does not do in the name of religion, it does not change who God is for a person of faith.

For those who do not have faith, that is their right and it is not my intent to debate that.

Britty's photo
Wed 12/17/08 08:45 AM

I still have an old movie of when Saint Niklaus visited our house in Germany!!! flowerforyou

He is such a grand fellow isn't helaugh

Thank you for sharing your christmas memories.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 12/17/08 05:08 AM

I am so through on this topic.You have been debunked,out smarted,and proven wrong so many times that they only people that want to debate this with you is myself and I am through with you.There is two people on this planet that believe Hitler is a Christian.You and Abra.I don't think it would matter if I had a picture of Hitler throwing the pope in a fire.You would still deny it.We all know Hitler was only interested in his master race and his mater plan which didn't involve churches second guessing his orders nor did it involve churches having their own laws in his country in his governement.Your posts are nothing more than conspiracy theories and he said she said.You seem to have a serious problem admitting facts and denying truth.

There needs to be two rooms in General religion chat.

1.)Topics that are backed up with facts.

2.)Conspiracy theories with lies and half truths.

You would fit in the later.You are not interested in having a debate unless you are always right.I would rather debate with my dog then with you.

I never claimed that Hitler was a Christian.

All I said is that Hilter used Christianity in his speeches to convince the public. I know those are fact, I could go look it up again, but it's readly available information. Look it up yourself.

I said at the onset that Hitler's personal beliefs are moot. That doesn't change the fact that he used Christianity to support his goals.

The mere fact that the religion can be used to convince people to murder heathens should be disgusting enough.

The key word is "used".

There are other facts about him also. I believe you are aware of.

Britty's photo
Wed 12/17/08 03:33 AM

That is what I would say, and how would you describe that 'character'?
i was raised with the thought.
if you've lost your money, you've lost nothing......
if you lose your health, you have lost something!!!!
but if you lose your character you've lost it all!!!!

well you may not have described it explicity, but I like that.

Britty's photo
Wed 12/17/08 03:32 AM

How enthusiastic they are about being naked.....isn't that how everyone judges character?

sorry, the short answer to that is "NO"

Britty's photo
Wed 12/17/08 03:30 AM

A nice verse Wingman. There is so much in a few words there.

I am going to share a portion of a devotion from:

Encouragement for Today [Encouragement_for_Today@crosswalkmail.com]

Four Special Gifts
Tracie Miles

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 (NIV)

Devotion:

Our key verse today really wraps up the true meaning of Christmas. In this one little verse we are given four amazing gifts. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we got as excited about the gifts of God, as we do the gifts under our tree?

The first of these gifts is love. God loves us more than we can imagine - more than we can love our children, our spouses, or our family. He loves us with a measure of love we cannot understand. For some, the holidays are a difficult time. They may bring feelings of loneliness and being unloved more than any other time of the year. Through this verse, we learn the magnitude of God's love.

The second gift is His son; His only begotten son Jesus Christ. God not only gave Jesus in birth to live as man, but to die as man as well. He gave the gift of Jesus' life as our example, and the gift of payment for our sins through His death. He paid the ultimate penalty so that our slates are wiped clean in heaven.

The third is the gift of faith. We can believe in Him -- for life, for love, and for the power to overcome. Power to overcome even death. This gift requires trust, and helps us get through every day, every circumstance, and every period of trouble. It is a gift that offers a holy hand to hold and a holy shoulder to cry on. A gift that holds the answers of hope and joy.

The fourth and most precious gift is the gift of eternal life. This gift promises a secure future: a life after death, free of pain and suffering. It is a gift we do not deserve, can never repay, and will not fully understand or appreciate until we are face to face with Jesus for eternity.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 12/17/08 03:27 AM

Yes Crystal it does.

I see you are both relatively new, so welcome here. I hope you both make some great friends.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 12/17/08 03:25 AM

It took me a few minutes to grasp what was being said.

QS, I think Daniel is referring to things that
are outside of the bible and not in agreement with it.

I do believe a person may be given a word of
prophecy for a specific purpose, but as for a prophecy about end times, unless it was in agreement with the bible I would tend to ignore it.

Perhaps he might explain to us a little further.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 12/17/08 03:20 AM

some great songs listed there Bry, and
Rainbow that's such a joyful tune.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 12/17/08 03:17 AM

Thank you TM. I am glad that you and others are able to do that.

I am sure the books are a source of revenue for
the school, but they should also think about providing an online source for the students to obtain their course materials. Perhaps they do already. I have been doing my coursework online for sometime now, so I am not current with what they do on campus.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 12/16/08 09:33 PM

Hi Laura, we are hoping for February 14th.
I really like Chris tomlin's music.

Here is another lovely video and the lyrics and a devotional below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24spuXYeFKY&feature=related

How Deep the Father’s Love

Devotional based on the lyrics

"How Deep The Father's Love For Us" by Stuart Townend is an incredibly powerful presentation of the gospel (the good news) that Christ died for us with our guilt and sin "upon His shoulders".

Every verse of this song speaks volumes about God's work on the cross to bring us to Himself in spite of our sinful condition "that He would give His only Son to make a wretch His treasure"

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us,
in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us"
Rom 5:8 (NKJV)

Read through the words of the song and let its power and truths penetrate your heart. Reflect on God's love.

How deep the fathers love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give his only son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon the cross
My sin upon His shoulder
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out amoung the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts no power no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

http://www.christian-music-lyrics-for-daily-devotions.com/how-deep-the-fathers-love-for-us.html

Britty's photo
Tue 12/16/08 07:20 PM

I love that song, beauty
and Daybrightener - I shall have to listen
to that one "In Your Presence"

One of my favorite hymns (to me it's a
worship song).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GIMvnHlyNs&feature=related

"Be Thou My Vision"

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 12/16/08 05:55 PM

Britty's photo
Tue 12/16/08 05:43 PM
Edited by Britty on Tue 12/16/08 05:45 PM

I agree Britty, lots of great songs!

I like all of Casting Crowns as well.

I really like the words of that song How Beautiful. Who sings it?

Laura,
I had not found the original composer of the song, until I came across this. I think you will enjoy it:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MINTcQU1XvI

I am considering having this song at my wedding in 2009.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 12/16/08 05:16 PM

Uh oh......Sounds serious tonight...I will do everyone a favor and abstain from any religious topics...(You're welcome)

Kids in cars...I was given a jalopy and after I ran that beautiful lil '68 Royce Rambler into the ground...I had to buy my other beaters at auctions then help my dad restore them in his paint and body shop....still have my '34 Frazier Nash convertable Roadster...I love that accursed little thing.

Rare...age and numbers are completely meaningless...it is the quality of the person that counts bro.

Next question...for a really good mental tattoo..would you prefer a quiet and genuinely meaningful time that sticks with you forever. Or a wild and outrageously fun good time that sticks with you forever?

I would enjoy both, but if it comes down to a preference then I would choose the former.

If age and numbers are meaningless, how would you define the quality of a person?

Britty's photo
Tue 12/16/08 03:13 PM

Well, I will keep them in prayer.

flowerforyou

May I ask however, why don't they pay those funds
directly into a bank account?

Britty's photo
Tue 12/16/08 02:58 PM

I like "bowling ball" by Superchic[k]! but i love casting crowns, mercy me, disciple, and so many more! how can you have a favorite!

how true, I confess I have lots of favorites.
:smile:

welcome here Crystal.
waving

Britty's photo
Tue 12/16/08 04:59 AM

A very good choice of verse.

Welcome here Davison.

Blessings.

flowerforyou

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25