Community > Posts By > Marie55

Marie55's photo
Tue 10/13/09 10:15 PM
Grandbabies are the best. You will fall instantly in love with him/her, won't want to give it back, until it starts crying for some time, that is, and an occasional smelly diaper change, too. :wink:

Just wait until they start to talk, even better. My grandson is my daughter's "mini me" - he is her little twin at that age (he is 5). Such a story teller, so funny. But guess I need to start saving my pennies, he told her the other day that when he got big and could drive, that his car would go faster than hers, because "Grandma was buying him a racecar!!" surprised slaphead frustrated :angel:

Marie55's photo
Tue 10/13/09 10:10 PM
Kind of off the wall and is a prescription med, but ask your doc for
Bentyl, is an antispasmodic used for irritable bowel, to stop the stomach spasming. I found out by accident that it worked on period cramps, after all, they are spasms. Won't help you now, but would be good to have around for next time or if you can get a script from your doc tomorrow and still having them tomorrow.

Otherwise, heating pads and ibuprofen, Aleve, (if you can take those meds) do help. Feel better.

Marie55's photo
Fri 10/09/09 01:42 AM
Meeting someone this weekend, sounds promising, who knows.huh noway

Marie55's photo
Fri 10/09/09 01:30 AM
That would tick me off. What a long day, sounds like they need a new mechanic. Sorry for your problems.

Have a good night. Take care.

Marie55's photo
Fri 10/09/09 01:27 AM
Clark, you have a lot of friends on here and I hope you can draw from their strength during your time of need. There is nothing we can do to heal your pain except offer our support. I am so, so sorry you are going through this, I can only imagine the pain you are feeling and your son must have been feeling.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourself. flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Wed 10/07/09 08:55 PM
Keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping for a speedy recovery. Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sun 10/04/09 09:29 PM

being stress free...few more days and hopefully back to normal(if the judge decides to believe me that is)

Good luck with the judge.

Marie55's photo
Sun 10/04/09 09:28 PM

I have made a few friends on Tagged, but it is crawling with "scammers" -- the worst of any site I have seen.

Dang..I must be lucky lol..I haven't had problems with the comp acting funny and no scammers lol...*knocking on wood now*!!

You are lucky then, I must get 1 e-mail a day from some idiot scammer, they are all about the same, think they must share the same "form letter." Good grief. I just ignore them and talk to my friends on there. Some of the scammer letters are good for a laugh at least. noway laugh

Marie55's photo
Sun 10/04/09 09:27 PM
I miss my grandkids, blasted daughter moved them 9 hours away about 3 years ago. Still need to wring her neck for that one. frustrated frustrated frustrated

Marie55's photo
Sun 10/04/09 09:26 PM
I have made a few friends on Tagged, but it is crawling with "scammers" -- the worst of any site I have seen.

Marie55's photo
Sun 10/04/09 12:55 AM
I heard on the radio that Lexus and Toyota (I think) were doing a massive recall of cars due to this issue, the accelerator sticking and causing wrecks. Talking about millions of cars being recalled. I heard it was the carpeting too, likely this officer's family's crash had something to do with the investigation and recall, I would imagine.

He was going 120 because he couldn't slow the car down as the accelerator stuck.

Maybe the time was too short when it happened, maybe if he had had more freeway before it ended and the curve had not come up so quickly, he would have had time to respond. Maybe he didn't have time to do the procedures you mentioned, maybe he panicked, we will never know, but what a horrible tragedy for his family.

Marie55's photo
Sat 10/03/09 10:13 PM
I have heard people plant garlic around their rose bushes to keep the aphids off their rose bushes. Other than that, I am no help, sorry.

Marie55's photo
Sat 10/03/09 01:48 AM
As far as drug resistance, it is scary. There are drug resistant strains of TB, some hepatitis strains, and others that are becoming "super bugs" from years and years of overexposure to antibiotics when not necessary and they have mutated. offtopic

Marie55's photo
Sat 10/03/09 01:46 AM

calm down people. the swine flu won't kill you.

Not true. It will kill some. Maybe a few more than the regular strain of flu.

i thought it would only be considered dangerous to the very young, the very elderly, and people with immune system complications....which I'm assuming isn't the majority of this forum. Although I really don't know how bad this flu season will be. huh

Although it will effect those groups more seriously than others, Swine Flu still has the potential to kill people outside of those groups as well.

The last I heard, they were not going to vaccinate the people over 65 years old against the swine flu as there aren't many in that age range getting it and they believe that they may have been exposed years ago, in their youth, and built up some natural antibodies against it.

Marie55's photo
Fri 10/02/09 09:27 PM
From some of what I have heard, the people who are dying were hit by pneumonia after getting the flu, so it was the secondary infection that actually caused their death.

They have disinfectants and wipes and masks all over the hospital and clinics. We had a person die in the town 30 miles from here. They are really pushing hygiene, handwashing and covering your coughs and sneezes more than anything else to stop the spread. And to stay home if you are sick.

If you have a flu-like illness and it starts to move into your lungs, I would get to a doctor for treatment. I do believe it is hitting the immune-compromised people the hardest, otherwise is like a regular flu. I understand it can last 10 - 15 days though.

Marie55's photo
Fri 10/02/09 04:15 PM
Happy Birthday - hope you have a great birthday. Wishing you all the best in the coming year.flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Fri 10/02/09 12:09 AM

but can you list some benefits of not being in a relationship?

My dog doesn't try to tell me what to do. lol

No, but the damn cat does!!! Think the dog and cat have a power struggle going on to see who rules the roost. noway grumble :angry:

Let's see -- being alone, I don't have to worry about him getting drunk and wrecking the car, writing hot checks we can't cover, running up bar bills all over town. Don't have to worry about him bringing home his "stray" drunk friends to live with us for indefinite periods of time. Don't have to worry about his temper and him breaking things. frustrated frustrated

Yeah, being alone isn't so bad. bigsmile

Marie55's photo
Thu 10/01/09 11:57 PM
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers Eileen. Hope things get better soon. Take care. flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Thu 10/01/09 11:56 PM
Happy Birthday, hope you have a great birthday. Best wishes for a great year. Take care. flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Thu 10/01/09 11:55 PM
Happy Birthday, hope you had a great birthday. Best wishes for a great year. flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25