Community > Posts By > Marie55

Marie55's photo
Fri 12/18/09 01:11 PM
Hang in there - you will find someone. Heck, if I can meet someone, believe me, there is HOPE!!!!!!:wink: laugh

Marie55's photo
Sat 12/12/09 02:43 PM
So sorry for your friend. I know of someone battling ovarian cancer right now, but appears she is losing her fight. I will keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers that she has a good and speedy recovery. Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Thu 12/10/09 10:29 PM
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you feel better soon. Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Thu 12/10/09 10:28 PM
Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. flowerforyou Expect to see you back on here reeking havoc very soon!! :wink: Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sun 12/06/09 04:06 PM
Snowed here last night, totally unexpected. Melted most of it today.

Marie55's photo
Sun 12/06/09 04:03 PM
The background on the shooter is unreal -- was out of Arkansas. Had been SENTENCED to 108 years as a youth but Governor Huckabee commuted his sentence due to his youth or some reason some years back. Then he came up here, apparently because he had relatives here. He was arrested in Tacoma for Assault, and Rape of a Child 2nd and was on bail, if you can believe that!!!!!

Now they are rounding up all who helped him, 4 friends/family drove his getaway care. His 2 sisters bandaged up his gunshot wound he received in the shootout. I suspect they are going to be sorry they became involved with the jerk and his murderous scheme.

Marie55's photo
Sat 12/05/09 10:34 PM
Thank you all for your kind prayers. Such a horrible loss.

Marie55's photo
Sat 12/05/09 03:41 PM
Washington State has lost 5 police officers since 10/31 in senseless ambush style killings. One on 10/31 while he was sitting in his patrol car, and four officers on 11/29 while they were sitting in a coffee shop doing their paperwork preparing for the day. There were 4 men and 1 woman officer, all were fathers or a mother, husbands and a wife, sons and a daughter.

The coffee shop attack was a complete ambush, the gunman walked in an opened fire on them. The shooter has since been shot and killed himself when he was approaching another police officer.

Please remember these police officers families and children in your prayers. Thank you for your time and thoughts. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sun 11/15/09 06:02 PM
There is the obvious placing things high and out of his reach. But for things that you can't put up, you will just have to be consistent and tell him he cannot have them or get into them. Distraction can help too, have something that he likes close by and offer him that to get him away from what he isn't supposed to be around.

But just repetition and consistency, he will learn, he is a smart little guy, but I didn't say it wouldn't make you "slightly" crazy for awhile. laugh

My ex smoked and my daughter would make a straight line for his ashtray or cigarettes every time he left the room. She would put a handful of cigarette butts in her mouth or tear up his cigarettes -- that really made him happy -- NOT!!! I kept his things put up high so she couldn't reach them, but no matter how bad the cigarette butts tasted, she would repeatedly do this. I couldn't only keep them out of her reach or keep telling her no and that they would make her sick.

Marie55's photo
Sun 11/15/09 01:22 PM
Hope you are feeling better soon Lee. Take care of yourself. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sun 11/08/09 01:24 PM
My grandpa - he was an incredible man. He will always be my hero, died 1 week short of his 97th birthday. He taught me about kindness, patience and love, qualities I didn't get anywhere else in my life.flowerforyou

I know this probably isn't what you meant -- I grew up in the "Mickey Mouse Club" era, not too many super heroes back then, unless you count Goofy, Mickey, Minnie and the rest. :wink: laugh

Marie55's photo
Fri 10/30/09 12:46 PM
Happy Birthday, have a great day and wonderful year.

Marie55's photo
Fri 10/30/09 12:45 PM
Happy Birthday, hope you have a fun birthday and great year.
(It is my daughter's birthday too.)

Marie55's photo
Wed 10/28/09 10:12 PM
Happy Birthday, glad you had a great one. Take care.

Marie55's photo
Wed 10/28/09 10:10 PM
They are pretty much assuming influenza A is H1N1 now and not bothering to test anymore. If caught in the first 48 hours, it can be treated with Tamiflu or another antiviral which can help cut down the severity of the symptoms and help you get over it faster. But the flu can last 10-14 days. If you miss the 48 hour window for Tamiflu treatment though, you have to ride it out and just treat the symptoms like you would a regular flu.

My granddaughter is 9 and grandson is 5, their school in Oregon has 578 students, 3 weeks ago (On Monday) they had 258 students out sick with the flu and teachers were sick and they ran out of substitute teachers and started to close down schools. Teachers were taking kids temperatures in the classrooms and sending them to the office to have parents called to pick them up if they had a fever.

The doctors in their town told the families they did NOT want to see the kids UNLESS they had a fever above 104, had had a fever for more than 5 days or were dehydrated, otherwise said to keep the kids home.

Marie55's photo
Tue 10/27/09 10:42 PM
A few really close friends on here.
A couple in real life.

Marie55's photo
Wed 10/21/09 11:54 PM
Happy Birthday!! Hope your birthday was great. Wishing you a great year filled with happiness. Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Wed 10/21/09 11:51 PM
Good luck with your testing, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep positive thoughts. Take care.flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Wed 10/21/09 11:50 PM
Happy Birthday, wishing you a great birthday and a year full of happiness. Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Wed 10/21/09 11:49 PM
Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great birthday and this year brings you much happiness. Take care. flowerforyou

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25