Community > Posts By > Marie55

Marie55's photo
Thu 01/21/10 06:06 PM
They work for many people, I hope they do for you as well.
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Thu 01/14/10 06:42 PM
Spend as much time as you can with her and talk to her as they said above. You may be able to help her pull through this.

I am so sorry this happened. So sad for you and for the children involved. Hopefully she will come out of this. Keeping you, your auntie, and her family in my thoughts and prayers. flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou: :heart: flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Thu 01/14/10 06:39 PM
Hope you get back to work or find a new and better soon. Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Thu 01/14/10 06:38 PM
Praying for a speedy recovery. One good thing about the young ones, they bounce back much quicker than us adults do. The leg cast must be driving her crazy though. Take care. flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sat 01/09/10 05:43 PM
That would break "the mood."

Another person called in to tell about his dog eating a fist size
hole out of the crotch of his girlfriends jeans, hmmmmm.noway

Marie55's photo
Sat 01/09/10 05:40 PM
I heard some really good "dog stories" on the radio the other morning. People called in to tell what their dogs had done. Maybe you have some stories to share. -------

1. One person said there German Shepherd had eaten a bumper off
their neighbor's Audi.noway

2. Another guy called and said he was mowing the lawn when he saw a bunch of pink fluff out of the corner of his eye -- the dog was eating his girlfriend's pink thong. laugh

3. The same guy (#2) called and said he had bought his girlfriend some really expensive diamond earrings and she said she couldn't find one of them. They searched the house and couldn't find it anywhere. So then they wondered if it was possible if the dog had eaten it -- so then he had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours out in the yard "examing" piles of "poo" -- and "yes he did find the earring." sick laugh

Marie55's photo
Sat 01/09/10 05:35 PM

Well, munching on M&M's could be.........
Nevermind....
I'll be good now......

Hmmmm, you MUST be on "good behavior" -- and Santa Claus won't be
back for another year. Holding out for a really good present next
year are ya????? :wink: laugh bigsmile

Marie55's photo
Sat 01/09/10 02:44 PM
You know, I have seen the M&Ms do that on TV, hmmmmm, good thought.grumble :wink: laugh slaphead

Marie55's photo
Sat 01/09/10 02:40 PM
Communication is key. I am new at this myself, have never had a good relationship until now, at least it seems good so far.

We are actually different in many ways. I guess it also comes down to what you are willing to put up with. For example, his ex is dying of cancer and she calls him a lot to talk, that doesn't bother me, I understand their connection and her need to talk to him and his need to be there for her.

We both are willing to work on the relationship though, and I guess that is key. If one partner doesn't want to work on it, then it can't work.

Marie55's photo
Sat 01/09/10 02:33 PM
Okay, so I am not a selfish person, and I share what I have, but gee whiz!! I bought some trail mix, and it was a good brand, and I left it by the computer to "share" -- my friend "loves" chocolate. I hadn't gotten into it for a couple of days and I opened it up last night and son of a gun, ALL the M&Ms were gone, the butthead ate all the M&Ms!!!! noway He could have at least saved a few for me, geeezzz!!!!frustrated

Well, I guess I got the last laugh though, it was "sugar free" -- he didn't know that. So there!!!!bigsmile

Marie55's photo
Sat 01/09/10 02:29 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you. Who knows why they messed it up, clerical error I suspect, likely the hospital staff member didn't follow through on completing the form??? Who knows. At this point, you can choose to spell your first name the way you want, and file it on the birth certificate it how you want.

I know someone who is going through an issue right now too, he is trying to get a passport, but since the hospital waited a full year to file his birth certificate with the county, they are hasseling him, and he doesn't know if he can get a passport now. Who knows what he will have to do to fix this. Again, not his problem, the hospital didn't file his birth certificate for a full year, who knows why, but it is now going to mess up his life.

Take care.

Marie55's photo
Sat 01/09/10 01:58 PM
Hey Deb, It could have been worse.

My dad knew a man who had his name misspelled on his birth certificate. They NEVER EVER fixed it, well back then, he must
have been born in the 20's when my dad was, I guess.

But his folks named him "Fred" and the hospital staff member spelled it "Ferd" on his birth certificate so that poor guy spent his whole life being called "FERD" --- now that would SUCK!!!!!!

Marie55's photo
Sat 01/09/10 01:53 PM
Geez Roy, sorry they are doing this to you. Now they are forcing those poor elderly ladies to wear bras now too??? Heck, they are old and have medical disabilities, shucks, if they want to hang loose, let them hang, geezz. They should be entitled to a little freedom in their life, don't you think??? Bras are uncomfortable and if they have bad backs and are confined to beds or wheelchairs, it just makes it worse and more uncomfortable. I feel sorry for them, wish they could leave the ladies in peace and not harass them.

Good to see you again.

I haven't been on much. Have been busy working and just laying low in general.

I hope everyone is doing well. Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Tue 01/05/10 10:24 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. He is still in the testing process, but it doesn't look good. He is losing weight, and has a lot of the other "symptoms." He has 3 kids, the oldest is 12, and my grandkids see him as their "substitute dad" since their real dad turned his back on them. I keep hoping for the best, but am really worried.

Thank you for keeping Russ in your prayers, I hope it turns out to be something else.

Take care. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Tue 01/05/10 08:35 PM
Thank you all for your wonderful wishes. I have made some wonderful friends on Mingle (JSH)over the past 3+ years and I cherish all my friends. I wish you all the best and a new year filled with happiness and good health.

I haven't been on much, some of you know, but I have become involved with someone, I met him on another site. We will have been together for 14 weeks next Friday -- amazing, geezz, if I can meet someone, (and at my age, too) anyone can!!!!! Things are going well so far, so we will see.

Take care, best wishes to you all. Thanks again, Terry, for the wonderful post, and the rest of you for all your kind thoughts. flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sat 01/02/10 07:39 PM
Thank you Terry for the beautiful tribute. Geezz, did it take you a week to type it??:wink: laugh noway

You have been a very good friend to me over these years and I appreciate your friendship. Thanks so much for caring. I wish you the best in the new year. Take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Fri 01/01/10 07:16 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. I really appreciate your support.flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Fri 01/01/10 02:43 PM
Thank you wonderful ladies for your kind thoughts.
He needs all the help he can get right now. Take care.
flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou :heart:flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Fri 01/01/10 02:27 PM
My daughter's boyfriend may have lung cancer. He is in the testing phase, but it is looking bad.

I would appreciate it if you would keep him in your thoughts and prayers -- his name is Russ, he just turned 48. My grandkids love him like their real dad (who has turned his back on them) and he also has 3 kids of his own. He is a good person, would appreciate your support.

Thanks much, take care. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sat 12/26/09 04:20 PM
Sherrie - I am so sorry you are going through this now, especially at this time of the year. Please draw strength from all your friends on this site. Your mother is lucky to have you with her.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25