Community > Posts By > look4you

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 09:33 AM

Granted I am aging myself, but I remember using payphones, receiving calls on pay phones and those without the phone numbers on it, dialing a code and getting the number to that phone :wink:

Were the phone phones rotary?
And only cost a dime...
hehehehe

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 09:11 AM

here's something else they should get - jobs

what and give up all those benefits?
Yeah because those on public assistance are living in the lap of luxury. *rolls eyes*

Actually some are and you know that. Whether if it's section 8 and having a boyfriend live with them bc you and I both know that scaming the system requires one to be siingle.And have WIC or whatever it is nowadys. So as they parking their BMW in front of the project/home and take the free food/cigs/beer that we paid for out of the truck to put in their refridge in the place where they don't pay much if nothing for so that they can feed their kids that are currently at the free daycare that we also pay and call up their Boo to see where the next party is gonna be at.
Does that sound about right to you Kitty?
waving

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 09:06 AM

here's something else they should get - jobs
Which the cell phones can assist with since they give potential employers a means to communicate with the potential employee.

Oh please woman. Dont defend the people that dont want to help themselves. I can also guarantee you that most with the phone do not use it for jobs but more for calling up theie friends or "certain" people for more public assistance ;)

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 09:04 AM

What a bunch of selfish people. You think that poor people do not work? I work my arse off and still live paycheck to paycheck. ALL of my money goes for bills, diapers, gas, daycare, clothes and food for my son etc. I do not live a life in luxury. I have not bought myself a new pair of shoes in years. And I have one of these phones. I pay to add more minutes to it every month, but the extra that I get really helps out since my son has special needs.

Until you walk in someone elses shoes, you have no room to complain about what other people are doing. And frankly it's not your business. If you don't like where your taxes are going, then I suggest you quit paying them or move out of the country. Get over yourselves.

I knew that there was a SCAM!!!!! Damn, I'm good :D

Nah, I didnt miss that part at all but she keeps bitching about the low paying job that she currently has. So, my answer to that is get a job. Or for better understand for the likes of you...get a better job.
Does that help any and are you gonna add anything what so ever insightful or just try to throw in 1 liners where it doesnt fit?
Just thought that I ask...

"And I have one of these phones. I pay to add more minutes to it every month"[/]

And if I don't like it? LMAO!!! Are you kidding? My taxes are being paid so that you can have a damn cell phone on my dime? Please many ppl have walked ur shoes and probably alot of ppl in here and you don't realize it bc you are so unhappy at ur own life and too busy trying to defend why you deserve to be helped and held by ur hand to get food, shelter, daycare, etc.
My answer for ur situation is....either move somewhere far away like Europe, marry the next guy that you see, or even marry an illegal for 13k or try this one. It's a rare one....GET A JOB!!!!!

Did you happen to miss the part where she says she works?

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 09:02 AM

Ok, I have only 1 real question (for now) but let's just "make believe" that I was cool with this handing the cell phones to the poor or as someone may have said earlier the "working poor" Why in the world would they need this....?????

"It includes texting, voicemail, call waiting and caller ID."

Caller ID...are you kidding me??????
Texting what the hell for??????
voicemail...ok, I can see that one
and call waiting...uh...not too sure??????

Aren't caller ID and call waiting generally included for most cell phones?

You could have it set on the off position...

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 07:50 AM

all this racist talk

Mexican is not a race. It's a nationality

blah..blah
Semantics ;)

not at all just a recognition of dishonesty

if there were millions of Canadians pouring across the border every year and soomeone said that should stop would you call them racist?

Those damn Canadians!!
Sure why not..

Honestly not sure where the race thing came from. Did I post something suggesting anything of the sort?

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 07:28 AM
So what are you saying?????
First I paid 24k for someone to recieve the rebate for "cash for clunkers" and you you saying that I also paid 8k to 4yr olds to receive the housing credit as well?
OR are you suggesting that I paid all of this money and got nothing in return but a bill?
lol...

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 07:25 AM

What is the actual number of illegal immigrants in this country, or is it not possible to get an actual count or approximate count?

What will happen to the majority of these illegal immigrants? Will they just get a fine and then become legal? Will they be sent back to their home country paid by the government?

or does nothing happen.

What do you think should happen?

Ok, I see that this thread has somewhat belong serious (without any help be me,lol) so I will give you a serious reply then.
Illegals provide NOTHING to this country except for draining us dry. They beat the system at every turn...for ppl that cant read or write or fulling comprehend our society they definitely know how to work the system. They use our medical and run to the E.R bc they know that they can not be refuse...leaving us the American citizen the tab. They use our housing, start gangs, take jobs away, cause the salary of ppl to be lower, have a child here ONLY so that they can not be refused citizenship. They cheat and steal and are no good in gerneal as a whole. If INS could only do their job we wouldn't have the problem that we have today. It got to the point that they are even accepted that the government wants to grant these ppl Amnesty?!

My daughters father is British,,he was denied entry though she was born here. It makes her a citizen but not him. We went through a three year immigration process to get that denial by the way and Im sure that wait will be longer the more work the INS gets sorting through ILLEGAL entries. Apply the laws fairly and equally and dont reward those who break them while punishing those who dont.

Oh by the way..Good Luck with your situation.

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 07:25 AM

all this racist talk

Mexican is not a race. It's a nationality

blah..blah
Semantics ;)

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 07:23 AM

There is not one person who is well to do that did not receive help from someone and the government even if it was just school grants and tax breaks.

It seems they forget they recieve help when it comes to the poor in the country getting help.

Let me make this 100% clear for all (not directed toward you Drangoness specifically)

I have NO problem when it comes to helping people out or get over their feet. Yes, we all had a bad time in our life whether if the help came from government or thru relatives or friends. It's one thing to receive help for 1 time situation and it's another when you are dependant on the government or that person for help all the time. Those people need to get off there *** and help themselves. If they don't like the place/situation that they are currently in stop bitching about it and do something to change.
Just a thought :)

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 07:14 AM
Edited by look4you on Thu 10/29/09 07:15 AM

What a bunch of selfish people. You think that poor people do not work? I work my arse off and still live paycheck to paycheck. ALL of my money goes for bills, diapers, gas, daycare, clothes and food for my son etc. I do not live a life in luxury. I have not bought myself a new pair of shoes in years. And I have one of these phones. I pay to add more minutes to it every month, but the extra that I get really helps out since my son has special needs.

Until you walk in someone elses shoes, you have no room to complain about what other people are doing. And frankly it's not your business. If you don't like where your taxes are going, then I suggest you quit paying them or move out of the country. Get over yourselves.

I knew that there was a SCAM!!!!! Damn, I'm good :D

"And I have one of these phones. I pay to add more minutes to it every month"[/]

And if I don't like it? LMAO!!! Are you kidding? My taxes are being paid so that you can have a damn cell phone on my dime? Please many ppl have walked ur shoes and probably alot of ppl in here and you don't realize it bc you are so unhappy at ur own life and too busy trying to defend why you deserve to be helped and held by ur hand to get food, shelter, daycare, etc.
My answer for ur situation is....either move somewhere far away like Europe, marry the next guy that you see, or even marry an illegal for 13k or try this one. It's a rare one....GET A JOB!!!!!

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 07:06 AM

less then 25% of the money has been spent..

why are they hoarding it???

I thought that 60% was spent already. Then I figured let me do some reserch and guess what??? Nobody knows how much has been exactly spent yet!!! That's scarey on it's own...CHRIST the corruption in this country.

And I check under his mattress ;)

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 07:01 AM

What is the actual number of illegal immigrants in this country, or is it not possible to get an actual count or approximate count?

What will happen to the majority of these illegal immigrants? Will they just get a fine and then become legal? Will they be sent back to their home country paid by the government?

or does nothing happen.

Ok, I see that this thread has somewhat belong serious (without any help be me,lol) so I will give you a serious reply then.
Illegals provide NOTHING to this country except for draining us dry. They beat the system at every turn...for ppl that cant read or write or fulling comprehend our society they definitely know how to work the system. They use our medical and run to the E.R bc they know that they can not be refuse...leaving us the American citizen the tab. They use our housing, start gangs, take jobs away, cause the salary of ppl to be lower, have a child here ONLY so that they can not be refused citizenship. They cheat and steal and are no good in gerneal as a whole. If INS could only do their job we wouldn't have the problem that we have today. It got to the point that they are even accepted that the government wants to grant these ppl Amnesty?!

My daughters father is British,,he was denied entry though she was born here. It makes her a citizen but not him. We went through a three year immigration process to get that denial by the way and Im sure that wait will be longer the more work the INS gets sorting through ILLEGAL entries. Apply the laws fairly and equally and dont reward those who break them while punishing those who dont.

Believe it or not...I kinda went through that same thing with a "ex" girlfriend of mine. At first it was to get her in and become a citizen meanwhile het father was here already. Long story short after paying over thousands of dollars for the fingerprinting and required paperwork they tell "oh she is a citizen already bc she was at the right age before 84'" I was like "WTF?!" So did i get my money bak? LMAO...No they said. The system sucks here I know bc we we're also trying to get her mother here and that's been going on for over 8yrs and counting.
So, yes I agree that the laws suck big time for the ppl that want to go about it the right way so in a weird way I could understand doing it illegally.
But, only in a weird way ;)

look4you's photo
Thu 10/29/09 06:41 AM

or does nothing happen.

look4you's photo
Wed 10/28/09 01:49 PM
Edited by look4you on Wed 10/28/09 01:50 PM

Nobody knows but estimated at around 30 million and growing everyday.

I don't know where that estimate came from, but I think it's more along the lines of 12 - 15 million.

look4you's photo
Wed 10/28/09 07:21 AM

look4you's photo
Wed 10/28/09 07:08 AM

Ok, I have only 1 real question (for now) but let's just "make believe" that I was cool with this handing the cell phones to the poor or as someone may have said earlier the "working poor" Why in the world would they need this....?????

I remember a time when I worked more than one job, still could not afford a land line in my home, know what I did, I went out and used a public phone. Granted they are becoming more and more obsolete but I worked around it.

I can see giving them phones for emergency calls (for medical purposes and calling 911 only) but minutes to talk, and free texting. Why should they get these things for free when the rest of us have to pay for same service. jmo

Thank you.....only emergency services numbers should be allowed to work on such phones.

I do know of various women who have received aid from AVDA, receive cell phones during their transition but the only numbers that could be dialed were 911 and AVDA. Implement same rules here, jmo

jmo...jmo...jmo...
Bite Me!!!
Bring some FACTS to the table!!!
:tongue: flowerforyou

look4you's photo
Wed 10/28/09 07:07 AM

I remember a time when I worked more than one job, still could not afford a land line in my home, know what I did, I went out and used a public phone. Granted they are becoming more and more obsolete but I worked around it.

I can see giving them phones for emergency calls (for medical purposes and calling 911 only) but minutes to talk, and free texting. Why should they get these things for free when the rest of us have to pay for same service. jmo

Well, it might be a scam too! Think about it...who in the world can ONLY use 68 minutes a month???? An hr and 8 mins. They probably use that in 1 convo. So, after they go over their mins maybe there is an offer of some kind to purchase a couple of more?
just saying...

But who is getting scammed, the govt giving away the phones, the person receiving the phones? Most cell phone companies offer free nights and weekends, free cell to cell service, etc.

IDK...remember at the end of my statement "just saying"
maybe the receiver of the phone. Or it could be the conspiracy of tracking ppl ;)

look4you's photo
Wed 10/28/09 07:05 AM

Thank you.....only emergency services numbers should be allowed to work on such phones.

From what I uderstand is that every cell phone, no matter what...if the bill isnt paid, etc. the "911" option is always available.

look4you's photo
Wed 10/28/09 07:02 AM

Well, it might be a scam too! Think about it...who in the world can ONLY use 68 minutes a month???? An hr and 8 mins. They probably use that in 1 convo. So, after they go over their mins maybe there is an offer of some kind to purchase a couple of more?
just saying...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11