Community > Posts By > look4you

look4you's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:45 PM

The costume is rather tasteless. I am not offended by it one way or the other but if it offends people then they need to pull it.

UGH....never thought that I would say this BUT I kinda agree with you :(
It is tasteless bc I can see it being very offensive BUT, IF I can find that for my halloween party I'm sure as hell gonna buy it!
laugh

look4you's photo
Fri 10/16/09 02:00 PM

just because there were 99 posts prior to you, doesnt mean someone else didnt post while you were typing your answer. I suggest you go back and manually count each response, only then will you know for certain without doubt that yu were the one hundredth post. drinker

[I'm done with explaining how wrong that you are. I just wanted to be the 100th response on this thread ;)
LOL...devil

sorry but you are wrong, you're not the 100th you are the 101st biggrin to post on this thread

Who taught you how to count?
I'm #100
:P

here's a quick math class smarty pants
20 posts per page
5 complete pages of posts = 20 x 5 = 100 posts
your post is #1 on page 6
duh = 101 tongue2

When your little finger clicks onto the topic page you will notice a number that is representing the # of post on each thread. When I posted the 100th it was at 99. Therefore,I am #100 :)
Just look back at the # and subtract...this is why our school system stinks so much bc of ppl like YOU!
laugh

I agree but thats just too much work to prove that I'm #100 ;)

Just to put this to bed, the 'my topics' does not count the first post as a 'reply'. However the 'recent posts' counts them all, including the original post. If you were to say you were the 100th 'reply', you'd be more correct. But you were the 101st post on the thread.

I can see that. So, I agree 100(no pun intented)%
lol ;)

look4you's photo
Fri 10/16/09 01:52 PM

just because there were 99 posts prior to you, doesnt mean someone else didnt post while you were typing your answer. I suggest you go back and manually count each response, only then will you know for certain without doubt that yu were the one hundredth post. drinker

[I'm done with explaining how wrong that you are. I just wanted to be the 100th response on this thread ;)
LOL...devil

sorry but you are wrong, you're not the 100th you are the 101st biggrin to post on this thread

I'm #100

20 posts per page
duh = 101 tongue2

When your little finger clicks onto the topic page you will notice a number that is representing the # of post on each thread. When I posted the 100th it was at 99. Therefore,I am #100 :)
Just look back at the # and subtract...this is why our school system stinks so much bc of ppl like YOU!
laugh

I agree but thats just too much work to prove that I'm #100 ;)

look4you's photo
Fri 10/16/09 01:47 PM

LOL...devil

I'm #100

20 posts per page
duh = 101 tongue2

laugh

look4you's photo
Fri 10/16/09 01:35 PM

LOL...devil

I'm #100

look4you's photo
Fri 10/16/09 01:25 PM

Four boys ages 9, 10, 13 and 14 lured an 8-year-old neighbor into a shed at a Phoenix apartment complex, then sexually assaulted her, police say.

The crime happened last Thursday evening, and police were called to the scene after reports of a young girl running out of the shed, half-nude and screaming. Numerous witnesses helped police identify the boy suspects.

All the children involved are refugees from the West African nation of Liberia who live in the complex near Thomas Road and 43rd Avenue. The 14-year-old, Steven Tuopeh (pictured above in police mug shot) is being charged as an adult.

They all should be tried! And I don't give a damn that they are from Africa either.

What in the world is wrong with people (yes children included) nowadays?????

regardless where these kids were from I too agree they should all be tried and treated as adults, the punishment should fit the crime :angry:

I'm done with explaining how wrong that you are. I just wanted to be the 100th response on this thread ;)
LOL...devil

look4you's photo
Fri 10/16/09 09:25 AM

There are kids who are 11 and 12 or older who still do not understand the concept of death and it's full ramifications.

You cannot tell me a child should be charged as an adult no matter the heinousness of the crimes. They just do not know what they do.

flowerforyou

Oh Dragoness, I can and do stand by my position.

Read pedalac's daughters response, granted she's only one child but one child more than anyone else has posted on here and she's 9.

An 11 and a 12 yr old do know whats right and wrong. As parents we may want to protect our kids and shield them from harm, but lets also be real.

So I can tell you and it's my opinion that the punishment should fit the crime. If they can take a life, what exactly is it that you believe they don't know... how to get away with murder???

Thank you fran.flowerforyou

People do not give kids enough credit. Unless someone has completely sheltered their kids from all media, any shows that show killing or simply just talked to their kids, well then I could believe it, but until I hear that, I will believe that kids know.

Yes, my daughter is only one of many, and she is one of many that do know right from wrong.

To say an 11 and 12 yr old do not know that killing someone is right and wrong is utterly ridiculous. That's like saying my 12 yr old nephew has no idea that killing someone is wrong. Oh my gosh!! These kids are NOT stupid.

Nobody is saying that kids don't know right from wrong but a child that happens to be 8 or 9 is exactly what it is...a child. They do not know or understand fully whats the consequences of their actions will be. They know that they will get in trouble but trouble in a child's mind (9yrs) is standing in the corner. So, when your child knows that killing is bad and wrong does she honestly ynderstand everything else that comes with it? I doubt it...

scroll up and see for yourself, she did in fact ask her 9 yr old daughter if she knew the differences and if she understood the consequences, and lo and behold the child did... tongue2

LOL...As if I could ever believe that one. No child realizes everything that could happen. No more x-mas, no more birthday parties, can't see your friends anymore, cant watch t.v or color...etc. Kids DO NOT UNDERSTAND period....
;)

do adults have those same concerns? no

also you're wrong, there will always be more xmases, birthdays, etc., the location just changes :wink:

Kids do UNDERSTAND, you just want to believe they don't tongue2

frustrated Again..."bc I can't do this all day" (quoted from Sham WOW!)
Children can not understand FULLY what their immediate actions will do in the long term. Ask a 9yr old what are their plans for the future and I bet they will say I want to be a teacher,doctor,lawyer,obama..etc. They will not mention a home,family,a good income and a great 401k...
get the point now...thanks waving

look4you's photo
Fri 10/16/09 09:16 AM

1 and 3

thanks - may ask why you feel that way?

Your post never said ....why? It just mentioned which one do you think and he answered so leave the guy be ;)

look4you's photo
Fri 10/16/09 09:15 AM

There are kids who are 11 and 12 or older who still do not understand the concept of death and it's full ramifications.

You cannot tell me a child should be charged as an adult no matter the heinousness of the crimes. They just do not know what they do.

flowerforyou

Read pedalac's daughters response, granted she's only one child but one child more than anyone else has posted on here and she's 9.

An 11 and a 12 yr old do know whats right and wrong. As parents we may want to protect our kids and shield them from harm, but lets also be real.

So I can tell you and it's my opinion that the punishment should fit the crime. If they can take a life, what exactly is it that you believe they don't know... how to get away with murder???

People do not give kids enough credit. Unless someone has completely sheltered their kids from all media, any shows that show killing or simply just talked to their kids, well then I could believe it, but until I hear that, I will believe that kids know.

Yes, my daughter is only one of many, and she is one of many that do know right from wrong.

To say an 11 and 12 yr old do not know that killing someone is right and wrong is utterly ridiculous. That's like saying my 12 yr old nephew has no idea that killing someone is wrong. Oh my gosh!! These kids are NOT stupid.

Nobody is saying that kids don't know right from wrong but a child that happens to be 8 or 9 is exactly what it is...a child. They do not know or understand fully whats the consequences of their actions will be. They know that they will get in trouble but trouble in a child's mind (9yrs) is standing in the corner. So, when your child knows that killing is bad and wrong does she honestly ynderstand everything else that comes with it? I doubt it...

scroll up and see for yourself, she did in fact ask her 9 yr old daughter if she knew the differences and if she understood the consequences, and lo and behold the child did... tongue2

LOL...As if I could ever believe that one. No child realizes everything that could happen. No more x-mas, no more birthday parties, can't see your friends anymore, cant watch t.v or color...etc. Kids DO NOT UNDERSTAND period....
;)

look4you's photo
Fri 10/16/09 09:11 AM

We are talking about conservative right winger Hutcherson aren't we? It's no suprise he might like Rush for his own purposes they share some of the same political views. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Hutcherson

In fact many right wing evangelical christians can't stand Obama for obvious reasons. Doesn't say anything About Rush at all to me, just that they share the same views.

boo I understand you don't like Rush but does that make it right for some to spread lies about him?

What lies? Black NFL players said that they wouldn't play for a team owned by him. The NFL said that his comments don't reflect accurately on the NFL and their players. My Mayor and Aldermen (some are black) didn't want him to own the Rams either. All of these people think that he is a racist. Are these black NFL players wrong? They can see it better then we can.

LMAO!!!! Oh I forgot...Black people can't be racist!
Are you kidding me with your statement? Not 1 NFL player would turn down a contract bc of Rush owning a team...lol
"I have principles...so I will not accept the millions that I am being offered bc you Mr.Rush own the team!"
LMAO!!!

look4you's photo
Fri 10/16/09 09:05 AM

I say #2, kids being charged as adults is just wrong. I know that some of these "kids" act like animals and need a beating and severe punishment but overall they are still just children. Kids dont have the mentality as an adult to consider the consequences. Although I feel the range for being considered a adult should be changed from (not sure exactly what it is now) 18yrs to 17yrs.

I can only guess your kids haven't been hurt by the jr thugs . I see no reason that people have to go threw life being hurt and robbed by the same repeat offenders . give life to nice ones and death to the hard core . and make the judges and prosecutors libel for any crimes they may do in the future if given a lite sentence s

What do you consider to be a "nice" crime and what would qualify as a "bad" one?
I also dont see a reason for ppl getting hurt but you cant just throw the key at someone over peer presure or a child like reaction to something...can you?

look4you's photo
Fri 10/16/09 09:01 AM

flowerforyou

look4you's photo
Thu 10/15/09 02:32 PM

they're showin a pic of something falling from the balloon:cry:

Really??? I haven't seen that yet, just heard rumors of something :(
Christ, I don't want to know to be honest...

look4you's photo
Thu 10/15/09 02:30 PM

Fran is good with the tough questions laugh

all I will say is that it depends on many factors

On what factors???
What makes it ok to put a child in jail?
What makes it ok not to have the child go to jail?
What factors do you speak of???

now, now, lookee here, she said I was good with the tough questions :laughing: what are you trying to do, steal my limelight laugh laugh

LOL..sorry :(
I'll take a step back ;)

:banana: be careful backing that thing up :laughing:

I'm only kidding, you asked some good questions too flowerforyou

suck up laugh

Hey let her be flowerforyou

look4you's photo
Thu 10/15/09 12:49 PM

On what factors???

now, now, lookee here, she said I was good with the tough questions :laughing: what are you trying to do, steal my limelight laugh laugh

LOL..sorry :(
I'll take a step back ;)

look4you's photo
Thu 10/15/09 12:44 PM

yeah--there's another thread on this right now with folks making some real fun comments...grrr...hope the kid is safe, bc that's all that matters right now...

No kid in balloon sooo no story ;)

look4you's photo
Thu 10/15/09 12:43 PM

On what factors???

look4you's photo
Thu 10/15/09 12:42 PM

Haha yes she is!

Also yes a 9 yr old KNOWS that a gun would kill someone. I have a 9 yr old and she knows good and well. I just asked her if you got mad at someone and shot them with a gun, would it just hurt them or kill them. She said it would kill them. I told her that some don't believe that a 9 yr old would know that a gun could kill. Her jaw dropped and her response was.........

"I'm 9 yrs old and I know that a gun can kill people".

Kids are not given enough credit for what they do know.

The only way I could take a life is in self defense.

LOL...very cute but I'm sure that she doesnt realize all the factors that go behind pulling a trigger. You can say that she knows that it would kill someone but does she know what the word "kill" actually means. I'm not suggesting thats she doesnt know but, the after effect of doing that. Also, girls are smarter than boys.......at that age only ;)

look4you's photo
Thu 10/15/09 12:37 PM

It's too bad that Rush can't cry like Glenn Beck. :cry:
Now that would be funny. laugh

Crying doesn't work for enough people, so I doubt he would even adopt that tactic like Beck. Rush's audience prefers his self righteous anger and sarcasm. I think they might find it painfully embarrassing if he start the weeping thing that Beck does.

With 25 plus million listeners I'm sur ethat the NFL is worried as heck about what he will start saying. If anything else it will make for good radio ;)

My Mayor and city hall didn't want him to buy our football team. The NFL players didn't want him to either. Why? He's racist and the NFL is 75% black. In 2003, he was even dropped from ESPN after his comments.

You said he could sue. On what grounds could he sue?
Thats why the city is hurting...for having a mayor like that. Rush's name alone would create revenue with promotions,jerseys sales, ticket sales..etc. How is he racist? The comments that he made about D.M werent racist and some people like myself happen to agree with him on that statement. ESPN was trying to be the P.C police thats the only reason for his drop. And he lose potential money (millions)with not being allowed to pursue the football team and slander on his name for things that were NEVER said or even true. That will cost those people alot of money and headache in the near future.

My city isn't hurting. The fifth new house is being built on my street right now. They've already been sold. We're having a new highway built. Many good things are happening here. I just read yesterday that our employment is going up too. I don't have a clue as to why you said that my city is hurting.

We know Rush here. He grew up 2 hours from me.

Btw, I'm glad that my Mayor and City Hall have some integrity on this issue.:thumbsup:

I know my Mayor. I like him. I've voted for him twice. He's done good things for my city.

Didn't you read these racist comments that I posted?

* "Look, let me put it to you this way: The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."
* "We need segregated buses. ... This is Obama's America."
* "President Obama is black. And I think he's got a chip on his shoulder."
* Democrats are interested in Darfur to secure black "voting bloc."
* "Minorities never do anything for which they have to apologize."
* Obama's nomination for president "goes back to the fact that nobody had the guts to stand up and say no to a black guy."
* Obama is a "halfrican-American."

WHOA!!! 5 houses!!! Look out the economy has made a turn...LOL
I just came back from St.Louie and it could use some help from the NFL or Rush. And for the mayor to turn his back on them is just sad

look4you's photo
Thu 10/15/09 11:22 AM

Yeah, I agree that the 8yr old would know that the "little gun" with the "little bullets" could hurt someone BUT I doubt that he would know if he could kill somebody. Did he realize that IF or when caught that he wouldnt see mommy again or it was probably bc his dad said that you cant watch t.v after dinner and he got mad. Really, the mentality is totally different...

I too doubt he'd know if he could kill someone, but fact is that he did. Hell I question myself, would I be able to take a life and I'm grown?

Do adults have to think that far ahead when they commit crimes, if or when they get caught would they see family members?

Granted I agree children and adults have different mentalities, but should that excuse/forgive the heinous crime?

Yes, there should be a punishment but what it should be is the real question. To throw the key away for life or for even 20-25yrs...I think not. The child needs help and jail or J.V isnt the answer for someone that is 8 or 9yrs old.
But, adults usually think things thru unless they are drunk or drugged up but even at that point they should know the consequences of their actions opposed to a child state of mind.

What do you think is the proper punishment for this child?

Adults dont think things through all the time, most actions are spontaneous or in the heat of the moment, and yes some are rationalized, methodically thought out and premeditated.

Honestly...IDK :(
It's a tough question to put out there so I would say that there isn't a right answer or at least a good enough one that everyone will agree with :)