Community > Posts By > ladywolf9653

ladywolf9653's photo
Thu 07/09/09 06:40 PM
Don't take it personally. Just like anywhere else, you're going to have to sort through the bad ones. Just shrug it off and try again :-)

ladywolf9653's photo
Sat 06/27/09 07:53 PM

Just make the most of it and I hope the kidddos will enjoy the Cave city

Thanks! Going to try, lol, but I'm from da nort', & any temp above 80 makes me cringe. Am trying to convince them that they REALLY want to check out the caves at least one of the days we're there, but so far I'm striking out.

ladywolf9653's photo
Sat 06/27/09 07:48 PM
Friends & I are taking the kiddos to Cave City, KY for the holiday. Am a bit worried, because they've been in the triple digits as far as temps go, bleh. But, three days of no work and plenty of entertainment should hopefully make up for that :)

ladywolf9653's photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:22 AM

This can also correlate to independence, as I don't see getting a tramp stamp to be anything but following the trend.

I know people who have had them for years who are now considering getting them covered/removed because they *have* become a trend. It's right up there with getting a wall tattoo, IMO.

ladywolf9653's photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:15 AM

i know i know but its too late now and at least i can hide it with a t-shirt his one of me is on his wrist laugh

Never too late! Back when I was newly married, I got my husband's navy mascot tattooed on my back. After the divorce, I had it covered with another tattoo that meant something to me and me alone. *shrug*

And again, not suggesting that you do so, just saying there are options outside of laser surgery to remove.

ladywolf9653's photo
Fri 05/22/09 08:54 AM

Never in a million years would I ever get a SO/BF/Husband's name tatted on my body. However I do make the exception for my children an my parents. I don't feel it's bad juju then. shades

Good point. I should have clarified :) I've always used symbols rather than names, but it's a personal preference of mine. I know what they mean, those close to me know what they mean, and no one else has a clue, lol.

ladywolf9653's photo
Fri 05/22/09 08:53 AM
I think the only rule should be what feels right for the two of you. Sometimes there's instant chemistry, and if you choose to meet in a public place to see if it is the same in person, who is to judge?

ladywolf9653's photo
Fri 05/22/09 08:49 AM

i've a small one on my arm with my estranged husbands name, does that make me stupid? laugh

Not stupid, but I've always believed that getting names tattooed = bad juju :) My personal opinion, though, and not to be taken as a general rule!

ladywolf9653's photo
Fri 05/22/09 08:32 AM

I'm not surprised either... As lovely, caring, and kind Miss LadyWolf is (I snooped on her page) dude wants the hottest looking fake boobs, fake personality ex-stripper that money can buy...!

Good for him!

LOL I appreciate the compliment, but to clarify, I wasn't emailing him to initiate conversation. I simply shared something from my experience and said that a wheelchair wouldn't limit those who were truly open minded.

ladywolf9653's photo
Fri 05/22/09 08:17 AM

Just curious...did you get a response back, Lady?

Nope, not at all. I wasn't expecting one, though, so it's all good :)

ladywolf9653's photo
Fri 05/22/09 08:09 AM
I am most likely going to get flamed for this, but I'm going to say it anyway. If you don't want women to know about your money, why mention it in the post? This is not an accusation or an attack, merely an observation.

When I read your first thread on the subject, I responded with an email to you sharing some experiences from my past. After it was sent, however, I see this thread and now I'm wondering if the posts weren't calculated to gain views/emails from women stating that they were open-minded, etc.

ladywolf9653's photo
Fri 05/22/09 06:01 AM
Hello and welcome :)

ladywolf9653's photo
Fri 05/22/09 05:59 AM
I am a manager, and I don't view legitimate issues as "whining". The thing is, if someone is being petty and childish and affecting the work environment of others, it has to be addressed. It shouldn't fall to Fear to "suck it up" or any of the other "stiff upper lip" bs that people are used to hearing. If it's not addressed, it could escalate.

IMO, the best way to approach this is with facts. Document the issue in a straightforward manner, including how it's affecting your work, and outline the solution YOU feel would fix the issue. It's not being presumptuous, it's showing that you're not just "whining" & you're actively looking for ways to solve the problem.

If that doesn't work, escalate. You'll have documented your attempt to work out a reasonable solution & follow chain of command, and you'll be closer to getting a resolution. Life is stressful enough without having to deal with immature idiots :)

ladywolf9653's photo
Fri 05/22/09 05:35 AM
All jewelry comes off when I go to bed, since I switch it daily depending on what I'm wearing. On the weekends, rarely wear any at all.

ladywolf9653's photo
Fri 05/22/09 05:33 AM
I don't have strong feelings on the subject either way....if I'm attracted to the man, his body is sexy to me regardless. Doesn't mean I'm actively seeking a date with Chewbacca, however :)

ladywolf9653's photo
Thu 05/21/09 09:41 AM

ladywolf9653's photo
Thu 05/21/09 09:15 AM

ladywolf9653's photo
Thu 05/21/09 09:14 AM
This is a really easy dessert that went over huge at our bbq last weekend. Takes 10 min to prepare, and it's inexpensive too :)

Strawberry Pound Cake Trifle

2 8oz pckg cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tubs whipped topping
2 small pound cakes
1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
1 16 oz pckg strawberry glaze

Crumble one pound cake into bottom of trifle bowl (or large bowl). In a bowl, beat cream cheese & sugar until light & fluffy. Fold in 1 tub of whipped topping. Spread over pound cake. In another bowl, mix strawberries & glaze, & spread over cream cheese. Repeat the steps with the remaining pound cake, cream cheese & strawberries. Top with other tub of whipped topping & garnish with sliced, unglazed strawberries. Chill until time to serve.

ladywolf9653's photo
Thu 05/21/09 08:45 AM

I am really contemplating that this whole brutal honesty thing that I practice is a blockade that limits my possibilities...

No, brutal honesty is a huge plus, or should be.

Would you really want to compromise who you are in order to attract someone that will not appreciate it once you reveal it?

ladywolf9653's photo
Thu 05/21/09 08:14 AM
I've gotten to the point where the first red flag = my walking away. My huge issue is honesty, and the slightest hint of him being anything but honest sends me flying in the opposite direction. My logic is that if the person will lie about something dumb/petty, they'll definitely lie about the important stuff.

Just walked away from someone I felt had real promise because he lied outright about something so stupid it was almost laughable. *shrug*

So, don't blame you for being what you term "judgmental". There are thresholds for everyone, and if someone crosses the tolerance level, boot 'em.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25