Community > Posts By > Gustava

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 06:40 PM
Edited by Gustava on Wed 12/12/07 06:43 PM
Talk to us when you are 40 and your husband decides to trade you in for a younger model. After all, any man who gets involved in this nonsense will regard you as nothing more than an object or a commodity.

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 06:38 PM

I'm a sweet, smart, loving girl....

You've got one thing right, you are a "girl" (as opposed to a woman) but "smart"? Don't think so....

What's not smart about wanting a suitable marriage and family partner?

You don't want a "suitable marriage and family partner," you want to use someone to get what you want. Frankly, your laziness and materialism would scare the sh it out of me if I were a man.

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 06:36 PM
Prostitution wrapped in the cloak of "stability" and family.

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 06:32 PM

I'm a sweet, smart, loving girl....

You've got one thing right, you are a "girl" (as opposed to a woman) but "smart"? Don't think so....

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 05:57 PM

never met anybody off here and probably never will. girls around here wont give you the time of day if your not loaded and look like a model...

I don't believe the "loaded" thing. Most women can take care of themselves financially. Anyway, how does one tell online whether or not someone has money?

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 05:55 PM
Call me old-fashioned, but I still prefer to meet men at bars.

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 05:10 PM

bars and clubs
bookstores and cafes
yoga classes
shopping centers and malls
streets of downtown
parks and other recreational areas

To all you single females: if i left out any places where you normally go where other people are present, speak up!

REI (Recreational Equipment Inc.,) is a great place to meet both men and women. Not only are most of the folks in decent shape but there are many opportunities to make conversation (ie: "I've been thinking about taking up rock climbing, could you help me pick out a few basic items?")

I've heard that going to a hardware store on Friday and Saturday evenings is also a great way to meet singles.

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 05:03 PM
I like to ogle, objectify, and screw around with younger men (18-33) but as far as a "real" relationship goes, the man must be within a few years of my age (36).

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 04:56 PM
I hate being single but not for some quixotic need.

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 04:25 PM
Yeah, it's funny, I used to love long-haired men but the older I get, the more unattractive it becomes.

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 04:23 PM

Mmmm Hhmmmflowerforyou

Gustava has lost hope. That is a terrible thing to settle.

No, haven't lost hope. I just think I'm more likely to meet someone off-line (which I much prefer). I don't like emailing and chatting and all of that other online dating stuff. Give me a short, dark-haired, thin, gorgeous, slightly punk man in a bar any day over a photograph on a website....

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 04:04 PM

All women like men with long hair. If they say they don't, they're lying.drinker smokin

I no longer like men with long hair.

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 04:02 PM

Of course a great deal of men want virgins. It reflects the idea of women as property.
there is much more to it than that

I said, "...a great deal of men...," not all.

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 04:00 PM

Secondly, I think a lot depends on what it is you're looking for. One thing I've noticed about JSH is that most of the people who are "looking," are "looking" for something more along the lines of the mainstream and traditional. I think you've got a much better chance if you fall into that category; whereas someone like myself, who has as much use for "mainstream and traditional" as I have for an electric napkin, is unlikely to find anyone who meets my particular standards.

Yes, this is true. Personally, I don't expect to develop any sort of relationship off of here---I'm far too picky and much too bent---and I'm content to merely engage in forum arguments.

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 03:51 PM
Of course a great deal of men want virgins. It reflects the idea of women as property.

Gustava's photo
Wed 12/12/07 03:22 PM

I say waiting is a very cool thing... However, why are you gals so down and saying I wish I had waited!

Waited for what? Like it would have been better to wait for marriage first? In those situations generally you are trying to enjoy life and explore. It's okay to have had sex.

People made a big deal about sex for years. There are all kinds of people getting married before sex... Doesn't mean it works. ...

I completely agree and as I stated a few pages back, I don't understand what the big deal is about virginity. It's not a "gift," it's not a virtue. Being a virgin simply means, for whatever reason, one hasn't had sex.

Gustava's photo
Mon 12/10/07 02:30 PM

It's a choice, and there's certainly nothing wrong with making that choice, if that's what you want to do.

It wouldn't work for me, though -- I've been married, and -- barring amnesia, lobotomy or some really good hypnotism -- I would never do that again.

So for me to get involved with someone saving themselves for marriage, that would basically mean ain't nothing EVER going to happen....!

I'm sure plenty of other people would be fine with it, though....

I completely agree. Also, although I know this is not going to be a popular opinion, I don't see what the big deal is about virginity---for a man or a woman.

Gustava's photo
Mon 12/10/07 12:33 PM
Why does this question get asked over and over? Harping on the subject is not going to change a damn thing.

Gustava's photo
Mon 12/10/07 12:22 PM

GUYS ARE VISUALLY STIMULATED AND GIRLS ARE MENTALLY STIMULATED. ITS THAT SIMPLE

Bullcrap. Women (not "girls") are just as visually stimulated. The difference is, women have been historically conditioned to not admit it.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/09/07 07:42 PM

Yes, men are generally more muscular (i.e. your very weak sports and military argument), however, muscles do not equal intellect and drive (and if you really want to base an argument on this, I can counter that physiologically, women have been scientifically proven to have more stamina than men and are able to withstand greater physical stress). Women are more than capable and have---when not conditioned by society---just as much ambition to succeed as do men.

Your entire argument is fundamentally flawed in that you assume that it is a woman's only goal in life to make some neandertal man happy.

It's strange to agree with a point, by re-stating it, and then call it weak. Appearently, you agree that men are more physically strong than women. OK... but you missed the point. Everything else you said is off topic.

However, you've once again missed the point. This post is not about men vs. women, who's stronger, whos' weaker, etc.

This post has a narrow focus, which I will repeat again for everyone who still hasn't heard it:

1.) Men do not find career minded women, who bring their competetion with men, home with them, and attempt to complete at home, attractive.
2.) Men do not find women who are excessively into manly things attractive.

Please try adding something to conversation that is on topic, instead a personal men vs. women rant.

You are the one who initially brought up muscular differences. Furthermore, I did stick to "topic" as I argued that women have more to do in life than to be attractive to men.

You seem to have a basic reading comprehensive problem as every argument a woman makes against your thesis is met with an admonition.

Personally, I am done here. There are a few things I don't like to waste my time on, one of them is arguing with morons. I hope you find a nice Barbie or Real Doll that doesn't challenge your obviously shaky sense of self.