Community > Posts By > Gustava

Gustava's photo
Tue 12/04/07 10:55 AM
It's fine to have religious beliefs, however, believing does not make fact. You cannot base your argument on belief---this is a logical fallacy called "Appeal to Belief," and immediately invalidates the argument.

Gustava's photo
Tue 12/04/07 10:49 AM

i posted this topic hopeing we would leave santa ,,the easter bunny,tooth fairy,,and the concept of a "god" of of it..i dont beleive in a "god" pray in one hand poop in the other see what hand fills up quicker

just a thought

I agree. I hate trying to have a discussion/debate with someone who uses myth as factual evidence.

Gustava's photo
Tue 12/04/07 10:44 AM
Of course (for the most part) gay folks were born that way. Ask yourselves this, when did I decide/choose to be straight?

And as for the fellow that claims that "god" didn't make "man to date man," did "god" make woman to date woman? Did "god" make certain percentages of all other animals "gay"* yet chose to make humans strictly straight?

*scientists who study such things have found that almost all animals have documented cases of strictly homosexual behaviour.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/02/07 02:15 PM

....If someone's happy with the way they are they don't complain, it's the ones who really aren't but say they are cause they don't want to put in hours at the gym. hey, I'm not great, I'm just me, but I'd rather be me with hard abs and the v-shape torso and I can't get that by complaining.

mmmm, love the V-shaped torso...

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/02/07 02:00 PM

Look. I have my preferences. If I am not mistaken, we all listed what we were looking for in a match? Right? If choose to not to want to date someone who is "BIG" then that is my preference. Actually, I don't like ultra thin women. Never have, and that is just a preference of mine. If someone likes only thin people, then that is what they like. No reason to be hating on someone for that.

See, that's what I don't understand---if one states he/she prefers a thinner mate, everyone becomes incensed, yet if one states he/she prefers a larger/fat mate, everyone thinks it's the greatest thing going.... the hypocrisy is annoying.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/02/07 01:49 PM
Question: why is it okay for a man (or a woman for that matter) to prefer fat women but not okay for a man to prefer thin women?

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/02/07 01:46 PM
Edited by Gustava on Sun 12/02/07 01:50 PM

seriously people should date you for who you are, not what you look like or weigh

That's fine and dandy but the fact remains that, like all animals, humans have had thousands of years---300,000 to 400,000--of evolutionary programming. Humans, again like other animals, have natural preferences for attractive and healthy mates (which historically and biologically meant not-too-fat and not-too-thin). Faulting folks for this is stupid.

That said, humans do have the ability to deny the basic physical preferences and look at other factors when choosing mates.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/02/07 01:25 PM

...If someone doesn't want to be fat they should stop complaining about everyone else and get some more exercise. If you're okay with the way you are, then fine, feel good about yourself and QwitcherBytchin and stop blaming other people for having preferences.

I completely agree.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/02/07 01:23 PM
I'm shallow about weight---the men I am sexually attracted to are almost universally thin. That said, I myself am not a shoestring. I am not "naturally" thin but I work my behind off (literally) to try to maintain a certain level of thinness. The way I figure, I'm not asking a man to be anything more than what I ask of myself.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/02/07 08:38 AM
You could just ask. Works for me.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/02/07 08:35 AM
There is no such thing as Mr./Ms. Right. To believe in perfection is not fair to you or your potential mate(s) and only serves to set you up for failure and disillusionment.

The great Will Shakespeare says, "...Roses have thorns, and silver fountains mud;/Clouds and eclipses stain both moon and sun,/
And loathsome canker lives in sweetest bud...."

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/02/07 06:31 AM

...cause most of us single moms have LESS than when we were married, and that's also a statistic.

Although, as I have previously stated, I am not yet divorced, my children and I are so far (financially) from where we were it isn't even funny. Divorce would make the situation much worse.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/02/07 06:26 AM

SROUNGE UP THE MONEY TO PAY AN ATTORNEY, THEN GET A DIVORCE, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.........THEN POST IT....WHY INVOLVE AN INNOCENT PERSON IN YOUR ISSUES ? COMMON SENSE SAYS LEAVE IT ALONE !!!!!!!!

It's not that simple. I've been separated for years and haven't done the divorce (though the process has been started) mainly because of the financial hardship it would place both my spouse and me in. I don't really see the point of divorce at this point as neither of us are planning to re-marry anytime soon or ever. Being legally married but not "together" affords me and my children more protection than divorce would.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/01/07 03:41 AM
it was 1986 and i was Punk.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/01/07 12:53 AM
The "once a cheater..." statement is nonsense. There are differing degrees. And different circumstances. This crazy hard-line is stupid and disallows any sort of understanding.

Gustava's photo
Fri 11/30/07 10:44 PM

negative.. once a cheater always a cheater!

Agreed,

Not agreed.

Gustava's photo
Fri 11/30/07 10:36 PM
Having been in this situation---albeit many many years ago when we were first married and I was still a kid---I took him back. Or Rather, forgave him. We were married another 14 years.

I believe that forgiveness and "taking back" can only be decided on a case by case basis.

Gustava's photo
Thu 11/29/07 10:08 PM
Trust me, even as a teenager---and therefore expected to be ridiculously sappy---I never regarded "being in love" as "two hearts beating as one," "soul mates," and all that other romance pulp-fiction crap.

And actually, I wasn't jilted, was the jiltee after 15 years of marriage.

Gustava's photo
Thu 11/29/07 09:59 PM
Frankly, the Hallmark sentimentality makes me nauseated.

Gustava's photo
Thu 11/29/07 09:52 PM
blech....