Community > Posts By > Gustava

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 01:41 PM

adolescent behavior

???

How is wanting to be treated like a human being adolescent behavior? Again, you people don't see me in my daily life, you don't know me in the least bit. I'll admit my people skils leave a bit to be desired. I was just asking what other's would do with the way that he's been treating me when I'm not the one that brought up the pregnancy issue in the first place, HE WAS.

It IS adolescent behaviour to have sex with someone without:
A. Discussing the very real possibilities of an unintended pregnancy---are you both in agreeance on what you would do?
B. Not taking the necessary precautions to prevent pregnancy (as well as STD's) yourself.

Furthermore, it is adolescent behaviour to:
C. Act like a petulant child when the man involved doesn't go along with the agenda.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 12:53 AM

Yes, you are correct. However, the "ideal," as displayed by art, is an embracement of the construct of the artist's imagination by society rather than a true reflection of biological imperative.

Yes, but it does play a role in what people consider attractive. Similar to the popularity of certain fashions, so and so buys Louis Vuitton bags so all of the sudden females HAVE to have it.

But to the topic at hand, people find what they find attractive. It doesn't really matter if someone thinks it's right or wrong, that's the world we live in and people just have to deal with it.

It's funny, you never hear people with personality dysfunctions come out and say "oh why do people judge me on my personality, it's just wrong". Why is it okay to judge people on intellect, sense of humor, personality and not looks? I judge people based on the total package presented.

[Mission Control: we have found intelligent life]
It's lovely that you actually can converse intellectually.

Why thank you, I also quite good at waxing moronic laugh

Moron is my first language.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 08:17 PM
I didn't read through all the posts, so I'm sorry if I'm being redundant. The first thing that needs to be done is to get rid of "No Child Left Behind". It has been a catastrophic failure. Teachers are basically only able to teach what will be measured on the national tests. This is a real problem.

As for the original idea of a "problem solving" class (or classes), I think that is an excellent idea. I would also like to see a year, at least, of philosophy taught in high school. Philosophy teaches one how to think.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 07:44 PM
Or she can be a groupie.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 07:23 PM
Hey, we worked HARD to get here, don't just expect it to be handed to you on a plate!

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 07:19 PM
Edited by Gustava on Fri 12/07/07 07:20 PM

...damn guess i can no longer be trusted i'm 10 years to young

I'm sorry for your flaw. But don't despair, you too may someday be old and creepy.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 07:19 PM

but LuSt for no one OVER

Well of course!

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 07:07 PM
Edited by Gustava on Fri 12/07/07 07:07 PM
A Constitution is needed. I propose firstly that it be writ: trust no one under 35.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 06:53 PM
Edited by Gustava on Fri 12/07/07 06:55 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean---what with all these androids wandering around pretending to be men...

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 06:20 PM
Hi, my name is Gustava, I'm 36, and I am old and creepy (watch out all you 18 year-old boys!).

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 04:07 PM

Spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors drive me bat sh it. Not only does it make one look like a complete moron, it is indicative of a careless personality. Personally, I don't bother reading anything that I have to translate back into English.
Try a laxative...you sound anal retentive!!!

Not at all. I just don't like sounding like a moron.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 03:44 PM
Spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors drive me bat sh it. Not only does it make one look like a complete moron, it is indicative of a careless personality. Personally, I don't bother reading anything that I have to translate back into English.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 01:16 PM

i think its actually becoming normal these days to have to travel to see your boyfriend/girlfriend... (whom you met online). i do know that some people judge, but... hmmmm... oh well... flowerforyou

My former lover and I are 3000 miles apart (he in NY and I in San Francisco) and we did make the trips. However, as we are both starving writers, it was not really financially feasible. Had I felt it would be okay to move my children away from their father, I would have moved. Now, I refuse to "date" or become involved with anyone who is not in my local area---it's just too stressful and heartbreaking.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 12:33 PM

OMG!!!! NOT THE SPELLCHECK POLICE!!!!!!!!!! RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I apologize for a lot but I will NOT apologize for being a spelling Nazi. It's just how I am and I like it.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 12:30 PM

Plutonic could also refer to someone coming from the Roman gods' Underworld. I don't have any Roman Underworld friends though.

Yes, I forgot about that. I do have male friends from that particular location, so I would have to say, yes, it's possible.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 12:21 PM
"Plutonic"? As from the non-planet Pluto? No, I don't think it's possible as there are no lifeforms currently active on that particular chunk of space ice.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 12:11 PM

Respect.
Admiration.
Love.
Affection.
Honesty.

The same things a woman wants. We aren't aliens, we are people too.

You are correct. I hate all these redundant "what does a woman/man want?" People, as Depeche Mode like to sing, are people and the similarities between men and women are greater, by far, than any differences.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/07/07 12:06 PM
Edited by Gustava on Fri 12/07/07 12:07 PM
I met my last serious lover online, however not on a "dating" site (we met through our mutual websites) and I felt really weird about telling folks just exactly how we met. Whether we like it or not, meeting someone online IS different. There are different dynamics and a certain unrealistic expectation in such relationships. Had my last serious lover and I been able to overcome the physical distance between us and continued in the direction we were going---long-term and so-very-serious---I would have insisted on crafting an alternative "how we met" story.

Online "dating" is also notorious for not working out. It's gotten a bad rap (justifiably so).

Gustava's photo
Thu 12/06/07 10:51 PM

I wouldn't call it biological imparitive though. Throughout time and between cultures people have different ideas of beauty. You can see how the image of beauty has changed by looking at art and the models used for art. A lot of women who are considered hot now would have been too thin back in older times. I cited other examples somewhere else in this post.

Chinese people consider light skin and tiny feet to be attractive traits. These are both disadvantageous in that low melanin increases sun burn and tiny feet make you easier to push over lol.

It's part biology, but society and class systems play a large role as well.

Yes, you are correct. However, the "ideal," as displayed by art, is an embracement of the construct of the artist's imagination by society rather than a true reflection of biological imperative.

Yes, but it does play a role in what people consider attractive. Similar to the popularity of certain fashions, so and so buys Louis Vuitton bags so all of the sudden females HAVE to have it.

But to the topic at hand, people find what they find attractive. It doesn't really matter if someone thinks it's right or wrong, that's the world we live in and people just have to deal with it.

It's funny, you never hear people with personality dysfunctions come out and say "oh why do people judge me on my personality, it's just wrong". Why is it okay to judge people on intellect, sense of humor, personality and not looks? I judge people based on the total package presented.

[Mission Control: we have found intelligent life]
It's lovely that you actually can converse intellectually.

Gustava's photo
Thu 12/06/07 10:32 PM

Probly the same reason women go for BIG GUYS

You can't grab hold of personality laugh laugh

Don't like the big guys.