Community > Posts By > Gustava

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/09/07 01:23 PM

Jamie i have a close knit family also and I'm sure your mother would not be pleased if you put yourself thru what she had to go thru when she raised you and your sis,then your nephew.Also how would mom feel if you contracted a disease and she had the potential to lose her last remaining daughter.How would your nephew feel if he lost his auntie?
Your comments about non protection raised all our maternal instincts .I find your attitude appalling.

The idea of disease is something I think alot of people overlook.

Dying from an STD is not the main concern, what many women overlook is that many STD's can cause sterility.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/09/07 01:05 PM

I'm sorry if you feel we are judging you. You started this thread seeking advice on how to handle your friend who suspected you are pregnant. What shocked us was the fact that you chose not to use protection against STD and pregnancy.

I think many of our comments are becoming more and more harsh because we feel you "just don't get it". You come across and knowing everything but your comments tell us otherwise.

Many of us would like you to hear what we are saying in hopes you have a better future than some who have taken the same path.

Agreed, though I have no problem with judgment. It seems like kids have gotten completely self-centered; it's all "me, me, me" and damn the consequences because as long as I feel good, everything is A-okay. I believe it stems from this crazy notion (that sprang up in the 1990's) that every kid is a winner and must be made to feel good, at all costs, about themselves.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/09/07 12:59 PM
If you have to rely on mommy and auntie to help raise your child, you have no business having one.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/09/07 12:53 PM
If you put your nonsense in a public forum, you are asking to be judged. Stop acting like a child.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/09/07 12:49 PM
Re: Promiscuity.
Personally, I think a woman can sleep with as many people she wants to, whenever she wants to. I don't consider "promiscuity" a bad thing. However, if one is going to have sex, one should have the maturity and forethought to use a damn condom, every time.

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/09/07 12:46 PM

...I was told a LONG time ago that I CAN'T HAVE KIDS!!! ...

If I had a dollar for every young woman I've heard say this very thing and later gotten pregnant, I'd be freakin' RICH!

Gustava's photo
Sun 12/09/07 11:41 AM
HIV is the least of your worries. Hep C and HPV* are more prevalent and just as deadly---or more so.

*HPV is the number one cause of cervical cancer, a notoriously deadly form of cancer.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 03:41 PM
And if you don't want to be judged, keep your mouth and your "problems" to yourself. This IS a public forum, you know.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 03:39 PM

I dont' see having a child as a game either, thank you very much. You're welcome to stop judging me any time now, I really am kinda sick if you.

Having a child period is selfish, I know this. No matter WHO you are, or WHAT you say your reasons are, its never anything but. Even YOU. Wanting to bring a child into this world is selfish, but every new life is a chance at a better future.

And I am sick of childish women who can't get their brains out of their crotches for two seconds.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 03:36 PM

If this was a friends with benefits thing, how come there was no protection used????? That is my question??????noway OH Well, guess I am too square or somethin huh????noway

Yeah, I'm turning into an old L7 myself...

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 03:34 PM

Just because there are "tons" of women doing it, doesn't make it right, good, or mature. In fact, I think women who pursue this action are simply selfish people who don't give a damn about anyone except themselves.

And that is your, rather judgmental, opinion. I feel differently. I would not EVER deny my child their father. If 2 people can come to a mature agreement on how to raise a child, and can get along... thats alot more healthy than living in a house where mom and dad are married and hit and fight and practically hate one another.

Of course it's judgmental. I don't apologise. It seems that younger folks these days have gotten increasingly self-centered and are unwilling to look beyond their own selfish wants. Having a child is not a game. It's not something to do lightly. And I resent the attitude that having a child is like buying a puppy or whatever.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 03:16 PM
Edited by Gustava on Sat 12/08/07 03:17 PM

Gustava, in an ideal world, yes.

There are plenty of 'impregnators' out there, too.

Plenty of "delinquent dads, and delinquent mums".

Plenty of abandoned kids, by one parent or the other.

I was married to my children's father, that didn't guarantee two parents...healthy, balanced, or otherwise.

I have raised them alone, for the past eight years, four, two of each gender, with no contact whatsoever by their dad, no support, financial emotional or physical....a child needs a healthy parent, two is better, but one is sufficient.... I know this as fact....mine aren't crazy...laugh :wink:

Yes, obviously. I too am a single mother. The difference is, you don't just go out and purposely create a child willy-nilly. You try to give the child the best you can possibly give him---which is two parents.

PS. I CAN'T believe I'm arguing on this side of the equation....

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 03:12 PM
Edited by Gustava on Sat 12/08/07 03:14 PM

I may be a raving Feminazi but I have to admit to being uncomfortable with women purposely having children without being married to the father first. Children need both parents and it is a huge blinding neon sign of immaturity to actively deny a potential child this birthright.

There are TONS of women, whole communities online, who CHOSE to be single mothers. I would never deny my child their father if I were going to have a baby.

Just because there are "tons" of women doing it, doesn't make it right, good, or mature. In fact, I think women who pursue this action are simply selfish people who don't give a damn about anyone except themselves.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 03:09 PM
I may be a raving Feminazi but I have to admit to being uncomfortable with women purposely having children without being married to the father first. Children need both parents and it is a huge blinding neon sign of immaturity to actively deny a potential child this birthright.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 03:04 PM

...Its more like I'm wanting to give him something, lol, he keeps asking when I'm going to have a baby for him to play with. I guess I'm just ready to have another baby in the house, I am a good parent. I miss having diapers to change and bottles to warm, I lived for it when he was a baby. I like feeling needed, is that so bad?

Well, those are GREAT reasons to bring a child into the world!

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 02:54 PM
Edited by Gustava on Sat 12/08/07 02:55 PM

Ooooohhhh did someone say crystal ball? Can I have a peeky?

It only works when you're young and still know everything.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 02:20 PM

....To some people sex is not that big of a deal, I take kissing as being more intimate than sex. ....

And this is exactly why there are so many unintended pregnancies, single-mother homes*, and a frighteningly high incidence of STD's.

*I'm not referring to cases of divorce, death, etc.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 02:04 PM
I'm appalled at how casually folks treat sex and the possibility of pregnancy. It's not a game, you are dealing with a potential life.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 01:56 PM

B. Not taking the necessary precautions to prevent pregnancy (as well as STD's) yourself.

Not your business on that one....

It may not be my business, but it IS immature behaviour to not use birth control---unless of course you are trying to have a child.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/08/07 01:53 PM

sorry gustava didnt see your post but as for the guy going along with the agenda ,he should have made sure percautions were taken before dipping his wick.

From the tone of her posts, it seems that Jayme wants to get pregnant. This is what I mean by "agenda". However, any man with a scintilla of sense would used a condom.