Community > Posts By > SheNerd

SheNerd's photo
Tue 09/18/07 09:03 AM
Dear Diary,

Hormones are good for you, unless they've been swiped froom horny midgets... bigsmile

SheNerd's photo
Tue 09/18/07 09:01 AM
Thanks, I hope, too. The monkey just read your words and he's off sulking. Maybe this time he'll jump in the pond and really pull the handle down all the way... bigsmile

SheNerd's photo
Tue 09/18/07 03:34 AM
Awwwwwwww, once again I'm wiping tears off of my monitor and keyboard. Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much to all my friends for being here for me in the good times and the bad ones.

As for the wedding, it's going to be in the Spring, either March or April, we're not exactly sure which date yet, probably whenever our families can get together, as we want a BIG wedding (at least I do!) laugh and both of our families are from elsewhere (mine are from NY, while his are from CT) so it will be a long distance trveling expedition for both sides. We want to make sure we have as many of our relations here as possible, to help us celebrate the big day.

For right now, we're both just very, very happy being HeNerd and SheNerd together in private and even in public, (yes, we're one of those annoying middle aged PDA couples). Oh and I love wearing my brand new engagement ring to work and showing it off, (I never thought I'd get the chance to do that either). One of the gals I work with knows my sweetie and said she didn't think he'd ever get married again, so I guess that just goes to prove if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. :)

OK, you may start barfing now, (passes barf bags all around)... bigsmile

SheNerd's photo
Mon 09/17/07 07:48 PM
Not over age 30.

SheNerd's photo
Mon 09/17/07 07:45 PM
Honesty, intelligence and great sense of humor. Oh, and the ability to play a mean accordion... :)

SheNerd's photo
Mon 09/17/07 07:41 PM
Yep, you were right on the money with that. happy

OK, now that I'm no longer the Doughgirl, I figured it was about time I took my real face out of the closet. Don't scream too loudly please... bigsmile

SheNerd's photo
Mon 09/17/07 07:14 PM
Aw, thanks, I am soooooooooo happy!!! :heart: I never ever in a million years thought anyone would want this worn out old bag, but I was dead wrong about that. He even tells me I'm beautiful all the time, (and nobody except for my immediate family has ever said anything like that to me before).

So, there really IS someone out there for everyone, just hang in there and don't lose hope, and I swear it will happen when you least expect it. I've waited almost 40 years for my Prince Charming, but I have to say it was definitely worth the wait. :)

Now to figure out how to play some wedding marches on the old accordion. Where's Weird Al when I need him??? bigsmile

SheNerd's photo
Mon 09/17/07 06:27 PM
He's actually a few years older than I am, 42 to my 39, but close enough for jazz, as they say.

No, not R, T (but his middle initial is R) and we met online, we started chatting and realized we lived near each other, so we did meet at the gas station the first time so we'd have a point of reference. Our schedules aren't completely compatible (he teaches nights, I work days), but since we live so close we do see each other most days. As soon as my lease expires in December, I'm moving in with him. It will be nice to live in a real house for a change, instead of this ratty college student apt.. :)

Bonny, the R guy is sooooooooooooooo history. He still IMs and wants to know why I won't see him. I told him because you can't give me what Tim will, full time love and affection, the wedding ring and the house with the white picket fence, (OK, there's no fence, yet, but we'll work on that one). :)

This nerd may be giving up the single life, but I haven't given up the accordion. The monkey may be another story, though, if he doesn't quit jumping in bed with us and wanting stories... bigsmile

SheNerd's photo
Mon 09/17/07 05:57 PM
Thanks, he's a total nerd from head to toe (pocket protector and all, well, not really, but he does wear those cute suitjackets with the corduroy elbow patches and smokes a pipe, very professorial), and I couldn't be happier. His ex's loss is my gain... :)

SheNerd's photo
Mon 09/17/07 05:52 PM
Aw, you guys are too much.

The monkey is still around, and is threatening to come on the honeymoon. I think he neds a good kick in the horny chair.

Nerds converging makes for a very colorful and interesting universe. :)

SheNerd's photo
Mon 09/17/07 04:47 PM
Awwwwwwwwww, thanks, I'm really touched, although I'd better stop crying or I'll melt my shortening. :)

Snuggles, that doesn't make any sense about the e mails, let me check my e mail settings, I thought I had it set so everyone could e mail me. But I noticed that since I haven't been on in a while, they deleted most of my e mails... :(

He is such a sweet guy, we're only two years apart in age, he's divorced, no kids, and doesn't want any, (neither do I), so we have that in common, as well as being fellow eggheads, (since I finished my old contract I've been working at a local college and he works there, too, he's a geology prof.. Two old nerds together, it's truly a match made in heaven). :)

Hugs from shenerd :)

SheNerd's photo
Mon 09/17/07 04:36 PM
Just dropped by to let all my old friends know that I met the GREATEST guy online a few months ago, (and it turns out he lived only a few blocks away from me all this time, talk about coincidence), and that we are now engaged. We hope to be married within the next 6 months or so.

So, yes, keep your hopes up and your eyes open, because if someone as old as I am can find true love and happiness for the first time ever, then there's hope for everyone out there.

Hugs to everyone from shenerd :)

SheNerd's photo
Wed 08/22/07 04:53 AM
Why get married when you could be kneaded??? laugh

SheNerd's photo
Sat 08/18/07 05:49 PM
Upfront here (and back as well)... :)

SheNerd's photo
Wed 08/15/07 03:01 AM
No, that would be me. Cancelled my date, just not up for the pressure, not the high pressure type. Give me an average Joe in blue jeans anyday of the week.

SheNerd's photo
Tue 08/14/07 02:49 PM
No recent dates per se, but I do have one coming up on Thursday, a very formal occasion, (which means I'll have to wear something besides jeans, argh!) It's a blind date, but we've spoken already, so I think it will go well. If not, I'll just stuff his swonnicles full of dough and be off, got to have my fun somehow... :)

SheNerd's photo
Tue 08/14/07 02:33 PM
Cloudy, thanks for the recipe. I'm going to pop into my oven for a bit and I'll need something sweet to keep me company. :)

SheNerd's photo
Tue 08/14/07 02:31 PM
If you delete me from your friends list there will be no more apple filled swonnicles for you... :)

SheNerd's photo
Sun 08/12/07 12:48 AM
Why stop with the head??? bigsmile

SheNerd's photo
Sun 08/12/07 12:46 AM
Men are dogs
Dogs are fun
Woof, woof!!!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25