Community > Posts By > AdventureBegins

AdventureBegins's photo
Fri 09/18/15 03:29 AM
Coffee. Breakfast. Dawn. A good day. In that order.

AdventureBegins's photo
Thu 09/17/15 08:13 PM
Forums. (why I checked your profile). You say intriguing things.

AdventureBegins's photo
Thu 09/17/15 07:51 PM
Full.

AdventureBegins's photo
Thu 09/17/15 07:47 PM

well satkarjit fortunately your profile does not require reading skills:wink:

lol... No answer, no answer, no narrative, no answer.

Yep. You have the right of it.

AdventureBegins's photo
Thu 09/17/15 07:43 PM
The last Chilean quake shifted our axis a bit. I wonder if this one did also.

AdventureBegins's photo
Thu 09/17/15 05:40 PM

Flaws are the beauty if u ask me

You have the right of it. It is the flaws in the mountain that the river turns into a beautiful valley.

AdventureBegins's photo
Thu 09/17/15 05:06 PM

Just saying.

When I was with an older woman I told her that what I liked about her was that she was a strong woman and I meant it. I even said the sorts of things that are in the OP here to her. The problem though is that only saying nice things about someone is flattery and she kept calling BS on me because we both knew that she wasn't all sweetness and light. It just doesn't give the full picture and it's not much better than just saying that they're pretty. A woman would have to be pretty full of herself to think that a guy that only says nice things about her really knows and understands her.

Even the most beautiful diamond has its flaw... Life be like that.
(does the flaw make it more or less beautiful?)

AdventureBegins's photo
Thu 09/17/15 05:02 PM
Dinner.

AdventureBegins's photo
Wed 09/16/15 09:27 PM

It's tough if you're a single guy in your forties because most of the good women your age are taken or are "I don't need a man" spinsters. A man that has sworn off women is a rare beast and an oddity but older women that can't be doing with men are ten a penny. They don't need a man and they don't want to be needed.

What's left that an older woman can do that a younger one can't? Well, they can maybe remember where they were when Kennedy was assasinated and be a no nonsense battleaxe with "opinions". They can have an argument with you about literally anything, even if they're completely ignorant about the topic. They have to because they're "strong women". They take the moral high ground by trying to say that brains are sexy, as if anyone under forty is obviously a moron. I've got a degree in philosophy. I've never yet got a woman hot for me by talking about it. It's a turn off. It's worse than politics.

feel better now?

AdventureBegins's photo
Wed 09/16/15 08:54 PM

Vividly penned & picturesque.

Thank you.

:) You have a few of those on here yourself. (vividly penned).
Thanks.

AdventureBegins's photo
Wed 09/16/15 06:51 PM
Right at this moment I feel just like me.

AdventureBegins's photo
Wed 09/16/15 06:25 PM
"Wide is the difference between fancy and fact, between truth and the phantom thereof"...

AdventureBegins's photo
Wed 09/16/15 08:27 AM
As long as the race is human.

AdventureBegins's photo
Wed 09/16/15 08:17 AM

I don't quite understand what ure saying here adventure
Are u saying youth isn't beauty?
And what do u define as beauty?
And what do u mean by tempered with life?
Or is it simply mean ure looking for a more matured person?

Yes.

AdventureBegins's photo
Tue 09/15/15 10:04 PM
Fog wraps in growing tendrils round the lights that wreath the bay.
Hiding in its billows the shadows of the Fae.

Creeping slowly onward, where the mother hides the fawn,
in desperation goes the fog to escape the coming dawn.

Yet again, as ever, the mountains bar the way.
Fog becomes a blanket and fades into the day.

AdventureBegins's photo
Tue 09/15/15 09:18 PM

While I appreciate being looked upon by youthful beauty it is a waste of your time to expect anything from me but a thank you.

I am looking for real beauty. That only comes when youth has been tempered by life...

Am I the only one that feels this?

No; a lot of us feel this and not all of us have to be all that old before we grasp the concept.

True...

AdventureBegins's photo
Tue 09/15/15 09:18 PM

While I appreciate being looked upon by youthful beauty it is a waste of your time to expect anything from me but a thank you.

I am looking for real beauty. That only comes when youth has been tempered by life...

It isn't necessary that real beauty only comes when youth is tempered by life, actually it is psychological process. Real beauty has nothing to do with materialism, as I think....

Reality has a tendency to rub away the materialism leaving but the beauty.

AdventureBegins's photo
Tue 09/15/15 08:18 PM

Another dead give away is most of them (the men scammers) their wife died. Their raising a child my them self.

That's not quite fair. My lady passed away. I most definitely am not a scammer...:smile:

AdventureBegins's photo
Tue 09/15/15 08:08 PM

Actually I think in our youth we look for the outer beauty more than we do the inner, as we age we begin to realize the outer is going to go at some point in time and well we had better have been working in the inner.

You have the right of it I reckon. In my youth I had not yet been tempered by life either.

AdventureBegins's photo
Tue 09/15/15 07:59 PM
Edited by AdventureBegins on Tue 09/15/15 08:00 PM

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25