Community > Posts By > daniel48706

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/03/09 08:59 AM
In regards to the employer having the right to make policies to prevent (or try to) possible confusion, etc, that means they have the right to tell you that you can not wear the color red, because the color red is possibly going to cause someone to "see red" and go postal.

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/03/09 08:58 AM
I agree that if you do not agree with the policies you have the rigfht to not work there. HOWEVER, that is not the question. The question is whether or not an employer has the right to take your legal right to choose your own partner away from you.

Regardless what one thinks it is the right of and employer to maintain working conditions and their polices to what ever they desire that will keep as much confusion out as needed.

If one does not like the polices that are in place when they hire on they have the choice at that time to not work there or follow the polices that are in place.....

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/03/09 08:56 AM
ok, so far we have two people who state that work and relationships absolutely with no qualifications or exceptions, do not work out.

I can introduce you to people in the military that are married to other soldiers, and I garuntee you there is no higher stress job in the world than the military. They have been married since they first joined the military and are still very much strong and mature in their relationship 15 years later.

I know there are other "success stories" regarding working marriages and relationships outside the military, so your opinion is flawed in regards to 100% do not work out.

I believe you are intending to say that they NORMALLY do not work out. But as I stated above, there is no evidence to suggest that having a relationship with someone you work with is any likelier to work out or fail just because you work together. And an employer should not have the legal right to tell you who you can and can not see (so long as it is consentual, and no improper promises, favors are performed).

If something improper does happen then yes the employer has the right to fire you, and possibly even file charges (in the case of sexual harassment). But they do NOT have the right to tell you that you can not see whomever you want. THAT decision is up to you and your potential partner.

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/03/09 08:50 AM
lol

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/03/09 08:49 AM
there is no evidence that work and relationships are less likely to work out than relationships with people you do not work with. Working at the same place as your significant other does not increase or decrease the likelihood of the relationship working out. What DOES increase/decrease this likelihood is the maturity levels and the willingness of both people to be adults and mature, which means if it doesn't work out, you accept the fact and move on.

Work and Relationships do not work.........noway noway

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/03/09 08:46 AM
it boils down to the issue of whether or not the employees are adult and mature. As an adult you have the right to see anyone you want to know matter who says what (except the potential partner of course laugh)

In regards to sexual harassment charges, those are going to be around forever whether company policy "allows" relationships or not. I am not referring to whether someone should be allowed to proposition somebody at work with the promises of favors, that is definitely wrong and illegal. But in regards to actual relationships, it should be up to the individuals concerned to decide whether or not they can handle it. And of course if they can not handle it, THEN it becomes a company issue and the company has the right to fire you for disrupting flow of business, or whatever.

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/03/09 08:29 AM
While I agree that some policies a company has the right to make, I do not agree that it should be legal for someones boss to be able to dictate to them who they can and can not have a relationship with. I mean, who the hell is the employer to tell you that you can not date, or marry, etc a fellow co-worker?

No smoking on company grounds, no alcohol on company grounds, no sex on company grounds, yes those are all valid policies. But as an adult you have the right to see who you want to when not at work, and have a relationship with whomever you want to. That right should nt be able to be denied to you by your boss.

Who agrees, or disagrees?

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/03/09 08:24 AM
I don't know, now that I stop to think of it.

I mean, can a child be considered a violent offender if he gets so hyped up on sugar that he drives his parents insane? laugh

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/03/09 08:21 AM
has anyone seen though whether or not any of it was actually wrong, such as his offering to help them out in their carreers in return for sex, or if it was a simple case of job-site fling? Also, I have not found anything yet that says whether or not any of this happened while he was already married, or even seeing his, now wife.

If he did not promise favors in return for favors, and did not cheat on his girl friend at the time (or if he did not bypass company policies regarding relationships between employees, which personally a company should not be able to legally do anyway), then he did nothing illegal or even immoral.

BUT, if he DID do any of those things, then yes he should get the same treatment he gave others, and that others received.

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/03/09 05:39 AM
you would be surprised at how many people not only do it, but think you are wrong for not doing it. I have had caseworkers at social services try and berate me for not giving my boys a piece of candy when both would not sit down and either read a book or play with toys that we had brought to keep them occupied.

Who does that? Their throwing a tantrum so you give them candy????

WTF?

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/03/09 04:33 AM
Edited by daniel48706 on Sat 10/03/09 04:34 AM

That was pretty much my first thought. I would think it is far more likely that kids who were eating chips and soda for breakfast (to cite one example) probably had pretty lax oversight and discipline, which IMO is far more likely to lead to bad behavior as adults.

Thank you. I was trying to figure out a way to say darn near the very same thing, when I saw your response

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/03/09 04:26 AM
During taping of the October 1st show, David Letterman admits to having prior sexual relations with co-workers.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/david-letterman-admits-sexual-affairs-staffers-details-extortion/story?id=8728424

daniel48706's photo
Fri 10/02/09 03:53 PM
I tried to message you and say "hello, how was your day today?" but your settings wont let me for another 4 months sad

daniel48706's photo
Fri 10/02/09 03:51 PM
except a civil war would be non-existent if going by popular consensus in the forums here. From what I have seen here most people are dead against draft or conscription, and in the case of a civil war, that is exactly what would happen is everyone of a certain age, men at the least, would be drafted by their state.

Well, at least a big, fat, Civil War would create jobs... anything is better than the current citywide Detroit unemployment rate of 28.9%

http://www.epi.org/analysis_and_opinion/entry/the_role_of_government_in_hard_times/

daniel48706's photo
Fri 10/02/09 03:49 PM
In a poll of 1,209 respondents conducted by Zogby International last year, 22 percent said they believed that "any state or region" has the right to secede and become an independent republic, and 18 percent said they would support a secessionist movement in their state

Now take into account that there are approximately 307,604,127 people living in the United States (http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html).

Now, even before I show the math results, it is fairly obvious that that does not even begin to represent the peoples real opinion. But here we go anyway.

out of 1,209 which is %3.9 of the American Citizens, 266 Americans, or %22 stated they believe states or regions should have the right to succeed. This equals %8.64 of the actual American population.

217 people, or %7.07 of the American People, say they would support a secessionist movement in their state.

Now, this article does not claim that these .umbers come from one specific state, and in fact suggests several states, so I used the National Census, not he state census. However, even in the tiniest state of the United States, Wyoming, with a population of approximately 532,668 people, these numbers are very small indeed.

So once again, I show you that you can spout off numbers all day long if you like, but in the end, polls mean not a darned thing.

daniel48706's photo
Thu 10/01/09 11:49 AM

awww snow.. bless.

I love the snow. I dont mind the cold at all..

Ive lived in cold places, and tropical places..

But the rain is my favorite. :heart:

I love the saying were are all like snowflakes, each one different,unique, and beautiful in their own way..

Allthough.. ive met some snowflakes that didnt seem so beautiful. :tongue:

But we HAVEN'T met yet, Earthy, how can you say that?! sad

daniel48706's photo
Wed 09/30/09 06:10 PM
absolute and pure utter hogwash

daniel48706's photo
Wed 09/30/09 06:05 PM
Is it an open casket affair, or closed? rofl

daniel48706's photo
Wed 09/30/09 01:19 PM
if called into social services as a concern for childrens safety, then the identity of the person calling is not available to be released without a court order for the protection of the person calling. This is for in cases of REAL child abuse/neglect where the caller could be afraid of repercussions from the parent being investigated.

Been there, done that, got the judges order to release.

i think they should go after the neighbor for any and everything they can think of

and if they wont defuldge the accuser they are breaking the bill of rights

oh yeah they do not follow that very well any longer

daniel48706's photo
Wed 09/30/09 01:14 PM
I am not going to get into this disagreement again. certainpeople want to claim I make suggestioins and whatnot that I did not make, then they can stay here with themselves and whoever wants to keep them company. I am tired of the outright lies and twisting of words. I said at 18 teenagers should be given a choice between education (used the word college) and military. Never once did I say anything laong the lines of telling people who they can marry, what they can spend their money on, etc etc etc. And there is absolutely no relation between the topic I broached, and taking peoples right to choose their own lives away from them.

Ciao

And why do you have to take my words and change them all out of proportion to what I said? I made a suggestion. I willingly state that it needs working on, and that if in the end society does not agree with it then I can accept that.

Why do you have to sit there and claim that my proposal of making people step to the bat and choose to do something for the better of the community has anything at all to do with telling them how to spend their money, how many children to have, etc etc etc.

I ask now that you step aside and stop twisting my words and trying to claim I am saying something that I am not.

now, now Daniel, this is not gracious behavior. laugh

She is not taking nor twisting your words, she is responding to them, offering another point of view, which just so happens not to agree with your suggestions.

Why would you ask anyone to step aside??? laugh are you saying she's in your way?? laugh