Community > Posts By > Goatherding

Goatherding's photo
Tue 07/06/10 04:28 AM
In my youth it was long hair all the way.Now that I'm older I'm more concerned with what's going on under the hair than it's length.

Goatherding's photo
Mon 07/05/10 05:47 AM
After getting up to be at work before dawn for 30 years I guess I'm a morning person but I have been known to stay up late too.

Goatherding's photo
Fri 07/02/10 12:22 PM
Grammar school-"Butterball"-I was very heavy
Hippie time-"Cheesedog T. Fonebone"-I like cheese,Fonebone was a name Don Martin used in Mad magazine
RVD-Hippie
now-hey you!

Goatherding's photo
Mon 06/28/10 10:01 AM
I washed the floors.

Goatherding's photo
Sun 06/27/10 06:16 AM
I'm not a Ford guy per se but I've got an 06 Mustang that I like so much that I'd problably get another one.Although I'm a GM person the Camaro looks too bloated for me.

Goatherding's photo
Sun 06/27/10 06:11 AM
My bud & his wife had a place around the 78 mile marker that I went to 3 out of 4 weekends a month in the 80's but I haven't been there lately.

Goatherding's photo
Fri 06/25/10 04:54 PM
Part of being aware is realizing that everything in life is a two sided coin.There is good & not so good repercusions in all things.Age & wisdom guide us through our decisions & fate does the rest.

Goatherding's photo
Fri 06/25/10 07:48 AM

I have a goal of reaching the top of a 'mountain' that I've been working on. We call the top the 'sphinx' because that's what it looks like from the bottom. It's goes from a rocky trail to big, huge rocks that ya have to maneuver your body through...
About 3/4's of the way I get dizzy, my stomach turns and I can't go any further. It's really high up and as much as I want to get up there I'm thinking now maybe not. I can push my body to do it, I just get feeling sick and it's a long way down...if I were to fall.

So, kinda bummed..gonna try a few more times though.
It's more a goal than a dream, although the view from the top would be like a dream.

Sometimes the most expediant thing to do is to step back & use your cognescience & awareness to determine the best way to reach the top.If you think about it,you've already determined which paths don't work.Nothing good comes for free.

Goatherding's photo
Fri 06/25/10 07:41 AM
Giving someone the benefit of the doubt only goes so far.

Goatherding's photo
Sun 06/20/10 09:02 AM
I see some one who has been down a long road but still has a ways to go to get to the end of it.

Goatherding's photo
Thu 06/17/10 12:39 PM
I dated this woman who had 24 & 28 year old sons.The plan they had in mind was that the mother was supposed to work to support thier lazy butts while I supported her.The boys also thought that I should give them money on demand.Needless so say that arrangement didn't fly.

Goatherding's photo
Mon 06/14/10 01:31 PM
The neighbor 2 doors down had a huge Bing cherry tree.It was so big that the whole block came & got some cherries & he was happy the fruit didn't go to waste so it worked out well with all concerned.

Goatherding's photo
Tue 06/08/10 04:42 PM
I might have my reservations about someone or something but I play the hand out just in case I might be wrong in my thinking.

Goatherding's photo
Tue 06/08/10 04:30 AM
I thought that when I moved to Florida I would acclimate to the heat & humidity.After 30 years that didn't pan out.I'm good up until about 90.I handle the heat alot better than the cold.

Goatherding's photo
Tue 06/08/10 04:23 AM
There was a time when many people tried to shoot me.There were many very close calls.Most misses were just luck,a few were for other reasons.The bottom line is that it wasn't my time yet.

Goatherding's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:47 PM

Old A&W Root Beer Stands
hey lilblack, we have one right here in Dayton, Ohio!

This place is the bomb - the town that time has forgotten about I sometimes think

Oh ya? The real old A&w Root beer stands? Awesome!! Really miss the whistle dogs served in foil

THere's still a few A & W's around.Once a year in Port Huron,Michigan A car club invades the A & W there & then hits the only drive in movie in the area-it's a blast!My self,I miss cruising Woodward Ave. & hanging around Plum Street being hip(lol!).

Goatherding's photo
Sun 06/06/10 09:59 AM
I know what you mean-I miss those pastel sunsets in south Florida.

Goatherding's photo
Sun 06/06/10 09:55 AM
Tales like that is why I don't drink.

Goatherding's photo
Wed 06/02/10 04:35 PM
I never got kicked off a site but I got kicked out of few car shows for open headers & smoking the tires.

Goatherding's photo
Fri 05/28/10 10:41 AM
"you keep it up & you'll get a trip to the wood shed!"
"Don't poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick!"
"You keep it up & you'll get a she-lackin!"
"you better stop or I'll get out the strap!"
"sad,but true!"
"words truly spoken!"