Community > Posts By > Nubby

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 01:06 PM

It takes faith to be an atheist.

No it really doesn't. Because as an atheist, I can be wrong. As an atheist, I can accept scientific fact, and people who are different from me, because I don't have a book that tells me that science is wrong, or that those people are sinners.

As an atheist, you can't show proof that God doesn't exist. Therefore you are relying on faith.
So does it take faith to not accept that a flying spaghetti monster lives and created the universe. Does it take faith to not accept that pink invisible flying space unicorns exist and poop on you while you sleep?

Does it take faith to not accept that heroin is really pudding and eating it make you smart?

You guys are ridiculous.

Only positive assertions require justification. That this is not understandable clearly highlight a lack of capability to reason in any rational sense.

Um atheism makes a positive assertion.

This is how nubby argues,

Nahuh!

Billy am I right that atheism affirm the positive.
No, you are not.

Asexual, whats that mean?

Atemporal, whats that mean?

a anything means without. It is really simple to undertand, only theist make is hard.

Go to the greek. This is a little different. Its been around for a while. This is why new definitions are around.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 01:02 PM

No it really doesn't. Because as an atheist, I can be wrong. As an atheist, I can accept scientific fact, and people who are different from me, because I don't have a book that tells me that science is wrong, or that those people are sinners.

As an atheist, you can't show proof that God doesn't exist. Therefore you are relying on faith.
So does it take faith to not accept that a flying spaghetti monster lives and created the universe. Does it take faith to not accept that pink invisible flying space unicorns exist and poop on you while you sleep?

Does it take faith to not accept that heroin is really pudding and eating it make you smart?

You guys are ridiculous.

Only positive assertions require justification. That this is not understandable clearly highlight a lack of capability to reason in any rational sense.

Nahuh!

Bahahahahahahahhahhha

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 01:01 PM
Edited by Nubby on Fri 01/23/09 01:03 PM

You guys are ridiculous.

Nahuh!

Billy am I right that atheism affirms the positive?

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 12:57 PM

Are you sure that isnt a junior college nubby? :tongue:

I am working on my second degree. I understand you like to put others down. I see this often.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 12:46 PM
Um, yes it does.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 12:45 PM
Edited by Nubby on Fri 01/23/09 12:56 PM
Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 12:39 PM

You guys are ridiculous.

God does not exist.

How is that a positive assertion?

A=negative, Theism=God -----No God. It does not mean, I dont believe in God. It affirms the negative.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 12:26 PM

You guys are ridiculous.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 12:23 PM

so I guess you're not going to answer the "why you need faith question" ..

but anyway

so "Nubby" are you saying that you love Jesus and that you know that Jesus loves you?

So I guess you're not going to answer his question? Or mine?

Yes

Whenever he can’t over a rebuttal, he just ignores the question and denies it ever being submitted in the first place. That has been his modus operandi.

I went to Western Michigan also, and Calvin is not a junior college. Its a very good college. But I understand you like to be rude.

It isnt rude. Calvin is a Christian school. I thought it was a junior college. That is not rude.

I am sure you did.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 12:11 PM

No one has even said a word about my 4 "facts" concerning Jesus.

Again, yes people have said things about your "facts", but you choose to turn away and ignore what people have said, so that you can hold onto your delusion.

Really what?

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 11:33 AM
No one has even said a word about my 4 facts concerning Jesus.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 11:27 AM

so I guess you're not going to answer the "why you need faith question" ..

but anyway

so "Nubby" are you saying that you love Jesus and that you know that Jesus loves you?

So I guess you're not going to answer his question? Or mine?

Yes

Whenever he can’t over a rebuttal, he just ignores the question and denies it ever being submitted in the first place. That has been his modus operandi.

I went to Western Michigan also, and Calvin is not a junior college. Its a very good college. But I understand you like to be rude.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 11:25 AM

Yes its a fact Jesus existed. I believe Jesus is who his biographies claim him to be. So yes, I believe He loves me. As far as faith goes, with out faith it is impossible to please God. It is important to the christian.

"Nubby" that you "believe" that Jesus existed means you don't "know" if he in fact did exist

to believe is to doubt...funches 3:16

to believe as "truth" that someone 2000 years ago loves you and that you only "believe" they existed ....is ..er..how can I put this nicely.....delusional

Try telling that to the majority of modern scholarship. Its a fact.

I went to Western Michigan also and Calvin is not a junior college. Its a very good college. But I understand you like to be rude.

Modern Christian scholars that is. You need to look outside of the walls of Calvin Christian Junior College, that’s for sure. There is a world out there son.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 11:22 AM

Jesus did laugh at times, but he was also somber. I mean he KNEW he would have to die

And what was Budda? A big, fat, laughing statue that noway ever Knew sacrifice

IF jesus knew he would have to die, then why did he say "father father, why hast thou forsaken me"?

clearly, IT WAS NOT WHAT HE EXPECTED, and making him something other than JUST A PERSON, cloud the eyes from seeing the true greater meaning of the story, THAT IF IT IS SEEN, set any human FREE of thinking there is SOME HOLY THING TO DO, to be a good person?

if it was written, ALL THINGS ARE FOR TEACHING, then to make ALL ACTIONS as either right or wrong, ONLY DO WHAT JESUS HIMSELF FOUGHT AGAINST, AND WHAT MURDERED HIM, because he would not CONDEM ALONG WITH THE "PIOUS HOLY ONES" THAT SAID TO THE PEOPLE "what the law of getting to heaven was"?

to follow a LAW of good, only take to hell, only said to be emotional distress unto emotional death, lol......

text say he was HUMAN, with the saying, I HAVE FELT IN ALL WAYS AS ALL MAN?

then his mind worked NO DIFFERENT than ALL HUMANS?

all minds whisper WHAT MIGHT OR COULD HAPPEN BAD TO SELF, but even so, if christ "died for the "sins" of man, THEN WHAT "SINS" KILLED HIM?

WHO KILLED HIM

SO what was the HOLY LEADERS doin THAT WAS SIN?

WHAT "SINNIN" KILLED JESUS?

Because for the first time in eternity, God as it were, turned away as Jesus bore the full weight of sin. Never had this happened and it will never happen again.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 11:19 AM
God promised He would never leave you nor forsake you.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 11:16 AM

How weird is it really? I mean is not ual (or is it) it is someone hoping for your classic grandfatherly love (without the yelling screaming and hitting)

"TBrich" ...using the word weird was being nice ...Jesus is never depicted as being a grandfatherly figure ..Jesus is always depicted as being a young guy or this half-nude guy nailed to the cross...if Christianity preach against gays ...then guys confessing their love for a long dead guy dressed in a toga seems contradictory to that cause

noway Come on now Funches. Jesus on the cross, yes half naked, and people loving him have NOTHING to do with homosexuality.

Fine, take the whole cross thing out of the equation. . .
in this day and age, if you knew a guy who hung out with 12 other guys, ALL the time, you'd call him gay. . .

and believers will swear up and down that Jesus never had sex with Mary Madelene ....

Was the Da vinci code good?

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 11:10 AM

Yes its a fact Jesus existed. I believe Jesus is who his biographies claim him to be. So yes, I believe He loves me. As far as faith goes, with out faith it is impossible to please God. It is important to the christian.

"Nubby" that you "believe" that Jesus existed means you don't "know" if he in fact did exist

to believe as "truth" that someone 2000 years ago loves you and that you only "believe" they existed ....is ..er..how can I put this nicely.....delusional

Modern Christian scholars that is. You need to look outside of the walls of Calvin Christian Junior College, that’s for sure. There is a world out there son.

Even the far far left Jesus seminar would never deny Christ existence.

Yet, other then a book, there is nothing to say he did exist. . .

and a book, does not a strong case make.

"Flavius Josephus is the most famous Jewish historian. In his Antiquities he refers to James, “the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ.” There is a controversial verse (18:3) that says, "Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man. For he was one who wrought surprising feats. . . . He was [the] Christ . . . he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him." One version reads, "At this time there was a wise man named Jesus. His conduct was good and [he] was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. But those who became his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion, and that he was alive; accordingly he was perhaps the Messiah, concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders."

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 10:58 AM

Actually if you read the famous logist Havelock Ellis, the amount of scatology in the Xian church is enough to keep the weirdos happy until, until, until...Christ's second coming!

He does not exist, your delusional.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 10:56 AM

You put your faith in the idea there is no God. In fact there is not a shred of evidence that God does not exist.

Nubby's photo
Fri 01/23/09 10:53 AM

Even the far far left Jesus seminar would never deny Christ existence.