Community > Posts By > deke

deke's photo
Fri 01/02/09 06:25 AM

is it society?
is it tv?
where do you find it?

for me it's easy (GOD SAY'S)

So god says its wrong to work on Sunday, do you agree?

What about blended fabric? So do you eat pork?

What does the bible say about ethics like the ethics of slavery?

You are wrong you do not get your understanding of right and wrong from god, you get it from your programmers (mom and dad, and everyone you interact with as you grow and develop a sense of understanding of your environment)

there are alot of things in this world that is wrong
the 10 commandments are the basis of all right and wrong then JESUS added love peace and respect.
if not this would be a if it feels good do it society(whinch most do anyway)
to start: not working on sunday's was for the people of isreal so that they would be a sign to all for GOD'S people
i'm swedish doesn't apply to me.fabric's ? pork?where does it say you cann't eat meat in the bible?

don't take what others have said and try to apply it research some for yourself
thanks for the reply

deke's photo
Fri 01/02/09 06:15 AM

is it society?
is it tv?
where do you find it?

for me it's easy (GOD SAY'S)

None of the above.....

What feels appropriate to ME is right for me... what is inappropriate for ME is wrong for me....

the rest is just ego judgemental crap..
so if you felt like killing someone that would make it right?

deke's photo
Fri 01/02/09 06:04 AM

what does it matter if GOD created us why cann't we just be thankful for life

"Deke" ...thankful to who
GOD what or whoever that may be

which means it does matter ...so aren't you contradicting yourself by saying that it doesn't matter
it matters greatly to me because that is what i put my faith in.don't see how you'd see what i wrote as a contridiction.but i do agree with you about GOD filling a void in our life.spiritual seperation left me filling empty and JESUS(GOD) filled that void and now i feel complete.
just because i don't have proof doesn't mean i cann't have faith

krimsa it took more than just mamma to create me .oh and man is the only beings that have a spirit not animals or trees.if you have never known GOD then you cann't possibly miss (fill empty) what you don't know

deke's photo
Wed 12/31/08 07:15 PM

"Deke" ...thankful to who
GOD what or whoever that may be

deke's photo
Wed 12/31/08 07:09 PM
it's your opinion that's GOD is man made
i happen to believe that GOD made man

and yes i thank my mother all the time she taught me right from wrong with GOD'S word

not some foolish notion that if it feels good do it or i the free thinkers thought that we are our god

deke's photo
Wed 12/31/08 07:05 PM

Maybe by what your decisions produce...

If this is in response to what you should be judge on, I disagree.

You should be and are judge everyday by you intentions, and effort to do good for and by people.

You do not need ancient stories to be able to understand this.

Uh...not really since the best intentions are paved in hell. Since laws came from God & not mankind I would think your assumptions are all together wrong.

It's always best to stick with God...He has our best interests at heart, not secular mankind or govt.
As long as you assume that these old cliches are always right, and that the bible is infallible you will always fail to see logic.

If someone intends something to be good, works at it and fails to have a good outcome, then it is a matter of ignorance NOT evil.

Education helps ignorance. But not if you stick you head in the sand, or the bible .. . same thing IMNSHO

ions. s how Most laws are summed up in the 10 commandments. That'barbaristic peoples were tamed & nations made civilized. To deny that is a foolish thing.

Those laws that are other than ..well we can see how bad those nations are doing. For example, slavery in the sudan is one. No one here has any cause against our nation when there is famine hunger & slavery not to mention persecutions of all sorts in the third world nat

Go tell it to someone who doesn't know better. It's just too easy to bash the very God & nation who blessed you. Like it or not, believe it or not billie boy...it's only because of God's mercy that YOU are not consumed.

Well said flowerforyou
i agree great going

deke's photo
Wed 12/31/08 06:58 PM

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 04:32 PM
i know the men and women who serve are what makes this country great

WAY TO GO PEOPLE

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 04:29 PM

I wasn't trying to be a smarta$$. I've never heard of a 20 yr. old not knowing about sex and drugs. It would be sad if they didn't.

Are you saying that it's a shame that I heard about sex and drugs before I was 20?

You say it would be great if people didn't know before 20? I don't see how we can get around it. The hormones start calling way before then. I would be happy if kids didn't have to think about those things before they got out of elementary school.
it would be great if they didn't know and there is a big difference between being curious and knowing the facts i KNOW that is the problem kids know to much.i blame parents for this because kids are exposed to a great many things that their minds shouldn't even have to consider
thanks for that reply i respect that

I made sure that my child wasn't exposed to things until the age appropriate time.

With what you are saying: I knew about sex years before I acted upon it. Just because I knew about it didn't mean that I did it.

The questions do start when the children learn about their bodies, btw.
you are an exception from most i've seen as far as age appropriate time.but i'd rather my kids talk about with me rather than some teachers opinion.and yes i do know kids talk about it with each other that's how i first learned until i got the nerve up to ask my dad.
i think about that and want my kids to feel comfortable enough to ask me also.
kids just see so much that sex,drugs,murder..etc doesn't faze them at all

My child's school has a health class. They learn about the human body then. They don't teach sex ed. It is not a public school.

I do make sure that my child does not see sex, drugs, murder, etc. It's the Disney channel only. They don't even watch the news. They are asleep then.
i applaud you for that
GREAT GOING should be more people like you

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 04:14 PM

I wasn't trying to be a smarta$$. I've never heard of a 20 yr. old not knowing about sex and drugs. It would be sad if they didn't.

Are you saying that it's a shame that I heard about sex and drugs before I was 20?

You say it would be great if people didn't know before 20? I don't see how we can get around it. The hormones start calling way before then. I would be happy if kids didn't have to think about those things before they got out of elementary school.
it would be great if they didn't know and there is a big difference between being curious and knowing the facts i KNOW that is the problem kids know to much.i blame parents for this because kids are exposed to a great many things that their minds shouldn't even have to consider

I made sure that my child wasn't exposed to things until the age appropriate time.

With what you are saying: I knew about sex years before I acted upon it. Just because I knew about it didn't mean that I did it.

The questions do start when the children learn about their bodies, btw.
you are an exception from most i've seen as far as age appropriate time.but i'd rather my kids talk about with me rather than some teachers opinion.and yes i do know kids talk about it with each other that's how i first learned until i got the nerve up to ask my dad.
i think about that and want my kids to feel comfortable enough to ask me also.
kids just see so much that sex,drugs,murder..etc doesn't faze them at all

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 04:01 PM

i have a 13yr old daughter who i asked this very question and her reply was that it makes kids think more about having sex than it does if it's not mentioned.
she said that it makes it sound alright as long as you use protection.

i think it's sad that we as a society have become so open to everything that our kids know more about sex and drugs by 13yrs old than we did at 20

they pass out condoms and drug pamplets in middle schools.when did it become the schools job to educate our kids on these subjects

oh yeah the lack of stability in our homes

LOOK WHERE ALL THIS FREEDOM HAS LEAD US

I have a child too. I don't think ignorance is the answer.

I believe that they should be given all of the information so they are able to make better choices.

Btw, I sure hope you were educated about sex and drugs by the age of 20.
i never said ignorance was the answer i just believe it's a parents job to inform their kids and not the schools.
it would be a great world if people didn't know about sex and drugs before 20.oh yeah btw
i guess an well rounded woman as yourself was more than familiar with these things (isn't that ashame)please don't be a smartass i was trying to make a point so if you don't want me to then please contain yourself or i promise you'll definatly not like my next one

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 03:46 PM

i have a 13yr old daughter who i asked this very question and her reply was that it makes kids think more about having sex than it does if it's not mentioned.

i think it's sad that we as a society have become so open to everything that our kids know more about sex and drugs by 13yrs old than we did at 20

they pass out condoms and drug pamplets in middle schools.when did it become the schools job to educate our kids on these subjects

I have a child too. I don't think ignorance is the answer.

I believe that they should be given all of the information so they are able to make better choices.

Btw, I sure hope you were educated about sex and drugs by the age of 20.
i never said ignorance was the answer i just believe it's a parents job to inform their kids and not the schools.
it would be a great world if people didn't know about sex and drugs before 20.oh yeah btw
i guess an well rounded woman as yourself was more than familiar with these things (isn't that ashame)please don't be a smartass i was trying to make a point so if you don't want me to then please contain yourself or i promise you'll definatly not like my next one

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 01:18 PM

what about air?
put it in a jar and paint it red for me

How many incarnations did you have thus far?

How many more chances are you going to take?
do you even know what your talking about?
instead of talking about your stupid cat what about sharing your views with us, since you seem to be all knowing.
oh i'm sorry it's a member of your family right

guess how about 9:banana:

ignorance is bliss isn't it

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 01:16 PM

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 01:05 PM

what about air?

instead of talking about your stupid cat what about sharing your views with us, since you seem to be all knowing.

guess how about 9:banana:

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 01:00 PM

what about air?

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 12:56 PM

YES I HAVE.i'll be forgive for mine!!
do you have kids i don't care who you are you'd fight to death to protect your kids

With your behavior on, here, if you are right and there is a god, then I shall see you in hell, because your judgment has condemned you. If I am right, then you have nothing to worry about.
I currently do not have children. But at least I know not to brainwash them.
is it brainwashing your kids to tell them to do the right thing. i just happen to get my morals from the bible

Which ones would those be? Since the bible is full of contradictions. . .
name one

Well, I'm going to assume that you're gonna say that the bible is good. . .

Judges 19:23-4 "Nay, my brethren, may I pray you you, do not so wickedly; seeing that this man is come into mine house do not this folly. Behold, here is my daughter, a maiden, and his concubine, them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you; but unto this man do not so vile a thing"

But that passage has rape, sodomy,and endorses the BS theory that women are nothing more than objects.
don't assume anything(hope you know what that means)
again what contridiction is there

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 12:53 PM
what about air?

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 09:10 AM

ANY GOD YOU LIKE HE TO BE
OPPS SPELLING

deke's photo
Tue 12/30/08 09:09 AM
ANY GOD YOU LIKE HE TO BE