deepheartwaiting's photo
Sat 02/07/09 04:12 PM

Wow, a couple of new women come in here and Sage is all over them. Good thing Carol warned them.

Penny and deepheart, come over here, I'm the mature one.

I cannot vouch for him he is new too lol :)

keep 'em straight for us Carol

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sat 02/07/09 04:11 PM

no one else to take out the trash

Yeah. Life is tidier when alone.drinker

no its not because I keep waiting for someone else to take the trash out, do the dishes, put away the laundry...ANYTHING!!! BUt they never show up................

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sat 02/07/09 04:10 PM

Have heard lots of talk about 3somes, but here it could 2-20somes.
Does that make it an ORGY???
Have heard about those also.

Why do I ALWAYS just hear about these things????

Would I REALLY want to participate????????????????

OPINIONS

No threesomes for me. The intamacy part of a relationship hold far to much meaning to disrespect it like that.

After I looked up the word intimacy to make sure I remembered what it meant..ahem..lmao..I agree with wwrange.

Yeah the word "Intamacy" has kinda become a thing of the past. I think we need to add it to the endangered species list.

that's absolutely true - its all about "hooking up" and "getting some"....not about relationship and connection in the deepest ways

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sat 02/07/09 04:07 PM
no one else to take out the trash

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sat 02/07/09 04:05 PM
hey guys - I have no idea what happened to the last couple of weeks. Just have been SOOOOO tired when I come home at night!! Also I guess I get frustrated with not having REAL in person folks to talk to sometimes and start to think I am wacko for spending so much time talking to strangers

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sat 02/07/09 02:34 PM
boo!

flowerforyou

deepheartwaiting's photo
Tue 01/20/09 06:37 PM

Hey girlie get some rest good to see yah tonight :)

THanks Carol.........

deepheartwaiting's photo
Tue 01/20/09 06:36 PM

hey all - hopefully tomorrow night I'll get a chance to talk - I have been up since 4, amd exhausted and still have work to do. Hope you all are doing well.
you have a good evening, Deepheart

thanks - all is good - just way tired

deepheartwaiting's photo
Tue 01/20/09 06:31 PM
hey all - hopefully tomorrow night I'll get a chance to talk - I have been up since 4, amd exhausted and still have work to do. Hope you all are doing well.

deepheartwaiting's photo
Mon 01/19/09 05:07 PM
You made it! I tried to get in just before the flip

deepheartwaiting's photo
Mon 01/19/09 12:56 PM

Agreed, and I want to add one more dimension of respect, if you don't mind. This seems the appropriate place to add this comment.

Looking back over the past, I can honestly say that whenever a relationship was in the process of ending, a breakdown of respect was a huge component of bringing the tension that had been bubbling under the surface to a blister. If you don't respect the integrity of the other person, you can never get beyond even the surface, stylistic differences, never mind philosophical differences or differences in core values.

I can't date guys who are not an intellectual match for this reason; either I eventually lose respect for them because I am continually frustrated by the dumb things they do, or they become frustrated with me because they can't meet me on my level. It inevitably turns into a challenge: the dumb guy / crazy girl dichotomy, which I would hope we all know by now, is usually just a false dilemma.

Being a fairly highly educated woman is no easy thing these days. It's easy to date if all you want in life are presents and the occasional compliment. If all you care about is physical attraction and you're satisfied with that alone, then sure, it's going to be pretty easy for a month or so at a time. But if you're smart enough to recognize that isn't really enough to support an enduring relationship, then this kind of front-loaded approach to dating takes a lot of work in the initial stages. It's easier to assume, to walk away, than it is to really get to know someone else.

The challenges, the difficulties-- those are the moments in any relationship that really answer questions of integrity and illuminate who a person is; but hey, who wants to stick around to get answers when you can just jump to the next person in line and start the cycle all over again? It just wouldn't happen this way in the real world. It's just not the same as getting to know someone you met through a mutual friend-- because at least in that situation there is some underlying baseline of common values-- the friend. The whole thing just seems to be so contrived, shallow, and artificial.

Unless two people are truly committed to acknowledging and tackling the challenges imposed upon a relationship by the situation-- by the mechanism-- then really and truly this does not work. Inherent in the operational nature of online dating are serious obstacles that can and will interfere with the establishment of respect if you fail to recognize them, or, if you let them go unaddressed.

flowerforyou Very very good ...Excellent flowerforyou

drinker you are one smart & wise Lady drinker

& btw...happy

flowers a very hearty welcome to the Forums flowers

all very true!! :o)

deepheartwaiting's photo
Mon 01/19/09 12:54 PM
hey there! how is everybody? I have been having too many serious discussions and doing too many chores!

deepheartwaiting's photo
Mon 01/19/09 12:53 PM

Theory ?? for a computer course. Do they expect you to work out something from what you have been taught to date?ohwell

Well, one of the questions looks like this:

Which one of the following can result from reducing the size of a field in a table? [1 Mark]
a.  A decrease in the number of records in the table.
b.  An increase in the number of records in the table.
c.  Changes to reports which access the table.
d.  Loss or corruption of data in the table.

Though I have no difficulties working things out on the computer, like how to create forms, reports and queries, all things we didn't learn yet, theory questions, rightly answered will give me 7 marks out of 32. If I don't get them right I have no leeway whatsoever on the practical part, I can't make any mistakes there.

the answer is D I believe

deepheartwaiting's photo
Mon 01/19/09 08:56 AM

I personally didn’t denigrate one dam thing. I am a supporter of President Obama. I asked that even if you are some kind of right wing conservative type that you still acknowledge his presidency and the historic moment it is in our nation's history.

No you did not, but some others became very hateful. We ALL understand that this election is historic, especially those of us who grew up during the Civil Rights struggle. I have no problem with that.

I teach urban school children and also know how much farther we have to go, how much of Martin Luther King's dream has been realized, and how much has been forgotten by the current generation. My whole lesson for my music classes on Friday was on Martin Luther King, protest music, and the fact that they will have many presidents in their lifetime and it is up to them to make responsible informed choices.

Again, this piece was not about President-Elect Obama. It was about the man who is still President until tomorrow when we have the American miracle of a peaceful transition of power.

well said...drinker

Thanks Giocamo

deepheartwaiting's photo
Mon 01/19/09 08:29 AM

I personally didn’t denigrate one dam thing. I am a supporter of President Obama. I asked that even if you are some kind of right wing conservative type that you still acknowledge his presidency and the historic moment it is in our nation's history.

No you did not, but some others became very hateful. We ALL understand that this election is historic, especially those of us who grew up during the Civil Rights struggle. I have no problem with that.

I teach urban school children and also know how much farther we have to go, how much of Martin Luther King's dream has been realized, and how much has been forgotten by the current generation. My whole lesson for my music classes on Friday was on Martin Luther King, protest music, and the fact that they will have many presidents in their lifetime and it is up to them to make responsible informed choices.

Again, this piece was not about President-Elect Obama. It was about the man who is still President until tomorrow when we have the American miracle of a peaceful transition of power.

deepheartwaiting's photo
Mon 01/19/09 08:16 AM

Have fun bashing guys. I really did not put this up as a persuasion piece or as a debate. Simply as a thank you note. I'm sorry you cannot accept it as such and feel you have to denigrate my views.

best of luck to you

that's the way it is here. If you don't parrot their party line they will atack you and your posts

Well, I am not and will never be a parrot...so I guess the forums are stuck with me :o)

I am a beautiful songird though :o)

deepheartwaiting's photo
Mon 01/19/09 08:14 AM

Have fun bashing guys. I really did not put this up as a persuasion piece or as a debate. Simply as a thank you note. I'm sorry you cannot accept it as such and feel you have to denigrate my views.

best of luck to you

that's the way it is here. If you don't parrot their party line they will atack you and your posts

Well, I am not and will never be a parrot...so I guess the forums are stuck with me :o)

deepheartwaiting's photo
Mon 01/19/09 08:12 AM

She’s a
Solitary dancer
Her graceful
Steps echoing
Softly in an
Empty theatre
Designed
And built
For two

She never knew
She would be
Dancing solo
For so long with
Never a song
To be played
For a lovingly
Choreographed
Duet

She cries her tears
For the years
Lost and gone by
As she waited
To be led in the
Perfect dance
A new chance
With a partner
Whose steps
Match her
Own

She now knows
She’ll always …

…Dance alone …

Dreams
Washed away
By sorrow
Her lovely face
Etched heavily
With regret
She performs
Her lonely and
Last pirouette
Then quietly…

Exits
The stage …

jan 18 2009

I love this work

deepheartwaiting's photo
Mon 01/19/09 08:05 AM

best of luck to you

deepheartwaiting's photo
Mon 01/19/09 08:02 AM

~ Respect and regard for our bodies, keeping them clean and wholesome as well as healthy. And keeping access to them a private thing, in person, with only someone we love.

. this I agree with too however..if my partner doesnt respect his body and shares it with someone else.... or someone whom tried to step in and tried to access my partner privately or in public

is also different than me.... and even though i respected and regard for my own body and did all these things if one didnt do that for me then i would not respect them either

The things that you have mentioned are givens. I am speaking in the broader term of general civility in our daily lives. There have been times in our country that were much more tumultuous than those we are currently living in, but where people were still able to talk to each other, instead of yelling at or insulting one another.

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25