deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 02:29 PM
geez how do those philly birds do it???!! they drive me crazy!

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 02:26 PM
has anyone mentioned that this is one fattening forum??

rofl rofl rofl rofl

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 02:24 PM

50 and beautiful here. No walks for me. It's football time.

Hope you find lots of decorations

go cards! Have you noticed all the teams are Birds except the Steelers?

Hadn't noticed that. Not a Steelers fan anyway.

I'm going to root for the steelers just because I want the Ravens to lose! THey are a MEAN team.

Hahahah, that's funny. I'm rooting for the Ravens cause I think the Steelers are a MEAN team. All in how we percieve things, yes?

absolutely! perception is EVERYTHING. I am happy for Kurt today! One of the good guys in sports.

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 02:11 PM

Hadn't noticed that. Not a Steelers fan anyway.

I'm going to root for the steelers just because I want the Ravens to lose! THey are a MEAN team.

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 01:04 PM
NOW I'm going to the store! Have to keep telling myself...STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 01:04 PM

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 12:24 PM

Its bight and sunny at this time its 53 degrees beautiful day

that sounds wonderful!

got my walk in...now time to go to the thrift store and find some kind of new decor for my apartment so I can stand to take my Christmas stuff down! lol!

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 11:17 AM
Just sayin hi...its a gorgeous day here so I am going out for a walk to enjoy it. Hope everyone else is having a fabulous day.

I'll check back in after a few laps of the complex.

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 07:56 AM

In recent years the hypocricy I have witnessed among those who profess leadership has turned me off to wanting to keep myself involved. To many times I've walked into a church for spiritual nourishment only to walk out feeling spiritually exhausted.

We are well past the sermons of fire and brimstone. People today need to be made to feel as if they still matter to God. Children today don't need to made to feel as if they are going to a burning hell. Most are already living in one.

I agree. And I understand the spiritual exhaustion. Its what I often feel until I remember to turn to the one I worship

The relationship each and every one of us has with our creator should be nourished, in my opinion, by the things we feel are important.

part of that for me is always the music, which I guess I keep hunting for people to sing with. I woship musically on my own...but singing with others to God has always been a joy for my spirit. I'm enjoying this discussion with you. I have seen the worst of what people who represent God have to offer, but it doesn't change my view of Him...just makes my relationship with Him dearer.

Nothing and nobody should ever take away from you or anyone else there desire and way of worship. I wrote a piece a while back and in that piece I added a stanza that decribes one of my places of worship. I'll paste that stanza here.

Natures own form of music comes from the birds singing
there praises to the God who provided all this beauty.
I bow my head in silence adding my prayer of thanks.
It's at that moment when I realize these mountains
are my church,
my cathedral,
my place of worship.

I love that! I wish I lived in the mountains or near the water..(Its 45 minutes away here)...I always feel at one with Him when I am at the beach

I am crying my eyes out now

don't cry July - ooh I made a poem

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 07:46 AM

In recent years the hypocricy I have witnessed among those who profess leadership has turned me off to wanting to keep myself involved. To many times I've walked into a church for spiritual nourishment only to walk out feeling spiritually exhausted.

We are well past the sermons of fire and brimstone. People today need to be made to feel as if they still matter to God. Children today don't need to made to feel as if they are going to a burning hell. Most are already living in one.

I agree. And I understand the spiritual exhaustion. Its what I often feel until I remember to turn to the one I worship

The relationship each and every one of us has with our creator should be nourished, in my opinion, by the things we feel are important.

part of that for me is always the music, which I guess I keep hunting for people to sing with. I woship musically on my own...but singing with others to God has always been a joy for my spirit. I'm enjoying this discussion with you. I have seen the worst of what people who represent God have to offer, but it doesn't change my view of Him...just makes my relationship with Him dearer.

Nothing and nobody should ever take away from you or anyone else there desire and way of worship. I wrote a piece a while back and in that piece I added a stanza that decribes one of my places of worship. I'll paste that stanza here.

Natures own form of music comes from the birds singing
there praises to the God who provided all this beauty.
I bow my head in silence adding my prayer of thanks.
It's at that moment when I realize these mountains
are my church,
my cathedral,
my place of worship.

I love that! I wish I lived in the mountains or near the water..(Its 45 minutes away here)...I always feel at one with Him when I am at the beach

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 07:02 AM
must go take care of some things....talk to you all later.

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 06:57 AM

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 06:47 AM

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 06:32 AM

morning all -

music...sorry you have had a bad weekend! Give yourself a break with a movie or something before getting ready for Monday.

Was supposed to meet an old girlfriend at my old church from when I lived here before - but overslept..so will try to meet her later for a lunch.

Have to tell you - trying to find the right church is harder than trying to find the right man!

but hope springs eternal

Deepheart I spent over thirty years involved with organized religion. I learned alot. It was good for my sons. We kept them involved. Today both my sons have good reputations and both are good examples to their communities. While it served it's purpose I made the choice after my divorce to get away from organized religion. Today I personally don't feel we need a church to maintain a relationship with our creator.

mine search has to do with joining people in worship. thought I had found a place but recent leadership statements show a much more liberal pacifist bent than I am comfortable with...I have a wacky passionate side, but I also hold to some fundamental beliefs about God,country and our repsonsibilities. I have worshipped from home many Sundays in the last few years. God is with me always...

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 06:16 AM

morning all -

music...sorry you have had a bad weekend! Give yourself a break with a movie or something before getting ready for Monday.

Was supposed to meet an old girlfriend at my old church from when I lived here before - but overslept..so will try to meet her later for a lunch.

Have to tell you - trying to find the right church is harder than trying to find the right man!

but hope springs eternal

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 06:13 AM

:angry: I’m not feigning any innocence. Bring it on. I have already told you, any of you, if one shred of historical evidence I have brought to this debate is flawed or exaggerated or incorrect, then refute it..Go ahead.

Can you sum up in two sentences your best argument for rejecting the Christian faith.

I dont think I can narrow it down to just two sentences honestly. I have spent about the past 8 months giving reasons to reject this religion. So have other people and they have been here for years. I cant compile all of that into two sentences.

In working hard on all these reasons...have you considered talking to the Creator of the universe about it? Because His character is one of holiness and justice but also of love and a desire to be at one with his childred, he does not mind when we argue with Him or accuse Him...at least it gives Him a chance to answer. I was mad at him yesterday when I was alone on yet another Saturday. I talked to Him about it and he answered through converstaions that occurred after that.

Those who are true Christians will only wish you the best in your search for truth.

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 06:04 AM

Its buried in the snow!laugh

Your shovel is ready for you!

left my shovel in Kansas City 2 ysr ago

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sun 01/18/09 05:56 AM
morning all -

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sat 01/17/09 09:11 PM
very interesting thread...having been a believer for many years...I always find the thoughts of those of different persuasions enlightening.

I will just say....I believe God was holding up the wings of an airliner on the Hudson River in NY.

I know God is real because I experience his presence daily in my life.

I know that Jesus lives and that I will see all those who I have lost who also beleived, because I cannot accept part of the scriptures as truth and reject part of it. Either God is who he says he is or not. A holy god cannot live in the same place with sin so He provided us a way to be in his presence.

I must turn in for tonight but will check this out again tomorrow.

deepheartwaiting's photo
Sat 01/17/09 08:55 PM
guys...see a note I left on the "a new day" thread. Hope you all had a good day