Community > Posts By > mustlikemylab

mustlikemylab's photo
Thu 03/13/14 09:37 AM
I'd say something here but a vote for "The Donald" pretty much speaks for itself.

mustlikemylab's photo
Tue 03/11/14 11:12 AM
One thing about the news is you can always count on them spicing things up to make it a more compelling read than it really is. Especially FOX. The last two paragraphs should be re-read an adhered to;

But Brennan has pushed back on the speculation. He said last week he was "deeply dismayed" that some Senate members made allegations that "are wholly unsupported by the facts."

"I am very confident that the appropriate authorities reviewing this matter will determine where wrongdoing, if any, occurred in either the executive branch or legislative branch," Brennan said in a statement. "Until then, I would encourage others to refrain from outbursts that do a disservice to the important relationship that needs to be maintained between intelligence officials and Congressional overseers."

Maybe FOX should have waited to print this story until all the facts were in? Instead of just printing a he-said she-said story that makes people jump to conclusions not particularly there?

Just a thought?

mustlikemylab's photo
Sat 03/08/14 04:19 PM
And sometimes you just grow apart over a long period of time.

I was talking to one of my son's friends the other day & ask him how his folk's were doing? His response was; "still unhappily living together. They're both miserable." What does that tell you kids when you stay together for 30 more just because your parents did it?

At least one of the parties should be having fun?

mustlikemylab's photo
Fri 03/07/14 10:00 AM

Love of Freedom/Nazareth made me think of In my Life/ Beatles

mustlikemylab's photo
Thu 03/06/14 01:49 PM
So, after all this, FWB is OK or not OK? And have placed a # on it as less than the digits on one hand?

Quote; "I am married. She lives 3 hours away. I now, have my independence. Am free, so to speak, to have my FWBs."

How does that work out? I met a couple a few years back in Maui. He lived in Maui & she in Vancouver. They didn't seem to have FWBs. He just always wanted to live in Maui. They seemed quite happy in front of everyone else. Who knows what discussions were had on their own time?

FWB Ok or not. Should we place an age limit on it like alcohol?

mustlikemylab's photo
Thu 03/06/14 01:31 PM
New to site, semi-active, outside the MV area

mustlikemylab's photo
Thu 03/06/14 10:42 AM
Treat others as you would have them treat you. That's the religion. It need not go any further than that.

Problem is some people like to fight & that's the way they want to be treated. They want to live with a constant physical threat surrounding them at all times. Or, they want to look like the constant savior to others.

Neither is reality. There's always someone bigger & badder than you. And you can't save all the people all the time. We have to keep our ego in check & understand we are not everyone else's answers. Freewill dictates not all want our help & some get offended when it is offered as the "only" way. Free-will for you & me with respect to all.

Still, people believe what they need to in order to keep themselves civil. I'm not the guy who's going to take someone's rope to sanity away.

mustlikemylab's photo
Thu 03/06/14 10:11 AM
I'm a little older & I've heard the term but never experienced the definition. Sounds to me that men see sex as an incredible experience shared with a partner.
And woman see it as a tool to sell themselves? Bait on the end of a hook?

Pacific, I'm not sure how you got off on the tangents you did with the police running around, neighbors included in your personal experiences, possession rip-off & Judge Judy. Wow....my sex life has never been that open & I came thru the 60's. Maybe I hang out with a different crowd than you do? Most of my friends don't need to steal my things, if they want it they can ask, or buy one for themselves.

My father told my you should never have more "friends" than you can count on one hand. The rest are just acquaintances. To have 5,000 friends on facebook is a real stretch of the definition of Friend. Someone you can count on at anytime for anything.

Maybe we should establish what a "friend" is first before going on here?

mustlikemylab's photo
Wed 03/05/14 10:05 AM
It's poetic alright, the incredible "pain of passion". It sat idle for a long time & now I think everyone has done a version of it.

Someone should start a topic for one hit wonders. I heard "The Way" by Fastball the other day. Now I can't get it out of my head.(Pardon me for the change of subject)

I'll take the words to Springsteen's "Thunder Road" for $100 next. That about sums up my childhood. But I got free gas as a kid & it was a lot cheaper then.

mustlikemylab's photo
Tue 03/04/14 08:50 AM
Hey now........I liked Waylon, Willie & the Boys back in the 80's. For a while anyway...... Of course we all stayed pretty lit back then. Maybe they were just easy to sing along with when you were drinking?

mustlikemylab's photo
Tue 03/04/14 08:37 AM
First time I saw the Eagles was in a little auditorium in Virginia Beach, Virginia that held 700 people. They were the back up band to Procol Harum who had top billing. The Eagle made Procol look like a high school band. The Eagles must have had 40 instruments on stage.

Beatles, SuperTramp, ReoSpeedwagon, Pearl Jam, Aerosmith, Bruce. Lately I've been listening too a lot of the Dave Mattews Band. Dave just took me thru California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana & back home.

If I had to pick only one, it would have to be the Eagles. And all the music that's come out of the original members.

Eagles it is for all time American Band

mustlikemylab's photo
Mon 03/03/14 11:03 AM
I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne, and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Baby I have been here before
I know this room, I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you.
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
Love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

There was a time when you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show it to me, do you?
And remember when I moved in you
The holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Maybe there’s a God above
But all I’ve ever learned from love
Was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you
It’s not a cry you can hear at night
It’s not somebody who has seen the light
It’s a cold and it’s a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

You say I took the name in vain
I don't even know the name
But if I did, well, really, what's it to you?
There's a blaze of light in every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah

mustlikemylab's photo
Mon 03/03/14 10:47 AM
Back to the original question; Does love impose limitations?

Of course it does, in a multitude of ways. Not just with sex. It just doesn't matter to those in love........ it never crosses their minds, ever.

mustlikemylab's photo
Mon 03/03/14 10:09 AM
Lord of the Rings was good. I think they did a good job following the books. Almost as I saw it in my head. I just watched Ender's Game & I remember the books being much more captivating. I was younger..

Dances with Wolves has to be my favorite.

Saving Private Ryan ??

I keep re-watching Grosse Point Blank & The Usual Suspects

Who put down Harold & Maude? Great early 70's movie.......Cat Sevens music.

mustlikemylab's photo
Mon 03/03/14 09:51 AM
Edited by mustlikemylab on Mon 03/03/14 09:53 AM
War....War(s). Once they bring their petty bickering to the edge of your town at gunpoint. You can't ignore it anymore. You're force to pick a side just to defend your assets.
Then chances are your assets will be destroyed anyway, with you on the inside, just trying to stay partial.

Religion is bad........The idea of religion is Good......but the item itself, tends to take on the habits of its creators. Which is always to expand into new territory at any price... To "save" the non-believers of course. Save them from their ignorance.

mustlikemylab's photo
Sun 03/02/14 05:18 PM
Alnewman; You know I'm not sure if I agree with any of your regular philosophy but I do believe in your last few statements. It's high time to start over with the people representatives going to DC & not those folks with the NASCAR labels all over their coats.

And it going to be rough because quite a few of the big boys from this area have their patches all up & down the sleeves of most of those rep's. They will be the first too pull in their horns should anything happen to the control they insist upon. As soon as they feel their needs aren't being met they will replace ever worker with a robot and watch the floor fall out of the marketplace. Just like happened in the last depression.

Tis' a very fine line we walk down between getting a little of some or just feeding on each other. Seems like we're doing a lot of the Zombie thing already? I do like the wage disparity picture though. It kind of reminds me of how badly the politicians hate the wage disparity between the workers & the CEOs? Yet we see a 200X difference between the speaker & the retired in America. And the Speaker doesn't have to pay his own Health Insurance premiums.

mustlikemylab's photo
Sun 03/02/14 04:51 PM
After years of thought I've decided to start my own. It's time to pass the hat. Maybe in 2000 years I can have my own country & write my own rules? We can publish massive amounts of papers spouting our own versions of the truth & get everyone to fight about it. Then, while those that love to hear their own voice mesmerize the crowd, we'll pick their pockets expanding the country's social boundaries. Sound like a plan?

Maybe that's too lifelike to consider? After all, where's the deep thought?

mustlikemylab's photo
Sun 03/02/14 04:25 PM
Gravity, Cloud Atlas,World War Z & All is lost. I don't have TV so I just watch a movie each night.

mustlikemylab's photo
Sun 03/02/14 03:43 PM
When you only have a pet to live with they pretty much rule